PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Magnificent Seven
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Magnificent Seven  (Read 4052 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Seven
« on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:48 AM »

Must say they've all been immense for us. Thank you and good luck to you all.

After learning of Densmores retirement where do think the other 6 will end up?

Hannigan - Runcorn Linnets
Hampton  - Curzon
Hancock - Nantwich
Moult - Nantwich
Thompson - Carlisle
White - Runcorn Linnets

Full time and proud of it

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Seven
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 08:43:55 AM »

Surely Thompson wouldn't go to a full time team? Thought that's why he wasn't staying here

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 08:54:06 AM »

Would have thought Southport and Chester would be interested in the either Merseyside or Cheshire based lads?

PS. Who's 'Hampton' by the way? 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 09:09:44 AM »

Has Dens got a decent job? I think with his attitude and passion he'd make a great coach.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 09:28:39 AM »

Don't be surprised to see Buxton throw some money at Moult and Hancock. Warrington Rylands, too. Possible that one or two end up with Neil Young at Marine. I agree that Tony could end up in the Football League, unless Southport lose Mason, in which case he would be the perfect replacement.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 09:52:50 AM »

Surely Thompson wouldn't go to a full time team? Thought that's why he wasn't staying here

He really wants full time, but money is an issue. If somebody makes him a better offer than we did, I think he'd do it.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 10:30:41 AM »

Dens is a QS. Chester will go to training 3 mornings for next season, but will not be full time, strange setup.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »

With their day-time training model, I get the feeling Chester have ruled themselves out of signing 3/4 proven top NLN players here.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »

Would have thought Southport and Chester would be interested in the either Merseyside or Cheshire based lads?

PS. Who's 'Hampton' by the way? 😊
He gets on my wick.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 12:08:11 PM »

Hope Thommo and Hannigan end up at Southport. I'd imagine Hanks and White would return to Nantwich. Maybe Curzon for Hamps? Jake could go to Alfreton or Buxton.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 12:10:44 PM »

Hope Thommo and Hannigan end up at Southport. I'd imagine Hanks and White would return to Nantwich. Maybe Curzon for Hamps? Jake could go to Alfreton or Buxton.

All very good shouts.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 02:53:37 PM »

Wherever those 7 warriors end up, the club and the fans owe them a place in history. Who can forget that first game in the "glue league" as some called it. A home defeat to Stafford Rangers and then I remember a lucky ish draw at Nantwich OMG disaster! But things gradually changed. The league was won. NLN loomed. Can anyone forget that epic play off match against Blyth and the three away play off games which (against all odds)! saw us promoted to the National League!!!  Two years on for a part time team with respectable mid table finishes in that league. Not bad at all. They deserve some formal and permanent recognition so as not to be forgotten in years to come. SBL

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »

Wherever those 7 warriors end up, the club and the fans owe them a place in history. Who can forget that first game in the "glue league" as some called it. A home defeat to Stafford Rangers and then I remember a lucky ish draw at Nantwich OMG disaster! But things gradually changed. The league was won. NLN loomed. Can anyone forget that epic play off match against Blyth and the three away play off games which (against all odds)! saw us promoted to the National League!!!  Two years on for a part time team with respectable mid table finishes in that league. Not bad at all. They deserve some formal and permanent recognition so as not to be forgotten in years to come. SBL

There is a case for something permanent at the ground for so many: Noel White, John King, Geoff Goodwin amongst them. Jake Moult and Dens can easily be added to that list. I wouldn't want a generic 'legends bar', and the 'King, White, Densmore, Goodwin and Mount stand' is madness. What about Stuart Coburn too?

Blimey. It's all but impossible to find a way of adequately representing the importance and contribution these people made to Alty.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 05:09:39 PM »

A lovely big framed picture of them all in the Community Sports Hall will do for me.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »

Should change the Golf Road to the Zigger Zagger Stand and a statue of KP next to the fanzone ....eventually 😀
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Magnificent Seven