PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread..
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yeovil Match Thread..  (Read 6469 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match Thread..
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2022, 09:06:18 AM »

Some players just don't work out, Marcus is one of those. He'd probably score 15 goals for most sides at this level but just isn't clicking with our players.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 09:39:12 AM »

Some players just don't work out, Marcus is one of those. He'd probably score 15 goals for most sides at this level but just isn't clicking with our players.

I agree.
Let's hope another club with a few bob to spend (possibly in the NLS) feels the same way.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 10:12:07 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we place him on the transfer list it's essentially an invitation that anyone can take him for nothing? That's how other retained lists seem to work...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 10:18:40 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we place him on the transfer list it's essentially an invitation that anyone can take him for nothing? That's how other retained lists seem to work...

I think there's the transfer list and the retained list.
The latter is for those being offered contracts or are already on them. The former is when a club is signalling the availability of a contracted player.
Transfer fees or lack of them will be discussed if an approach is made.
At least that's how I understand it (could be wrong of course 😊)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 10:48:32 AM »

Sorry I should rephrase, the announcements seem to be split into 'on contract for next year already' / 'signed new deals' / 'offered fresh terms' / 'placed on transfer list' / 'released'.

Ultimately Marcus has had what looks to be a successful loan spell, so I'm sure a NLS club might approach us for him. Seems a good lad so I wish him the best.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2022, 12:00:32 PM »

I agree. Wish him all the best wherever he ends up. Just convinced he isn't what we need.
Most would agree with that.

Also, didn't he come from Stevenage? So he probably has links down there.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 12:02:20 PM by Saughall Robin »

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 12:30:50 PM »

Sorry I should rephrase, the announcements seem to be split into 'on contract for next year already' / 'signed new deals' / 'offered fresh terms' / 'placed on transfer list' / 'released'.

Ultimately Marcus has had what looks to be a successful loan spell, so I'm sure a NLS club might approach us for him. Seems a good lad so I wish him the best.
What announcements? Have I missed something?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2022, 12:36:53 PM »

What announcements? Have I missed something?

I think he means 'in general' and, with reference to us, he could be referring to the article on the JL website a few days ago.
(sorry for being a bit presumptuous, Marple!) 😉

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »

Transfer lists are circulated out to our clubs saying we'd be interested in an approach for that player.

Said it for years but an evening with Rob and Phil discussing BTS of footballing world would be a great event (providing its common knowledge in industry).

It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2022, 01:05:21 PM »

Sorry yes, I'm probably not making myself very clear but basically I'm just second guessing what our options are.

I don't think having him contracted for another year would necessarily be the challenge we think it might be - he could go out on another loan of course, or we could announce him as available and see if we get any approaches, given he can clearly do a very capable job at Step Two. The management might even want to keep him for pre-season, although I'm not hopeful things would improve for him. Who knows!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2022, 05:57:21 PM »

Said it for years but an evening with Rob and Phil discussing BTS of footballing world would be a great event (providing its common knowledge in industry).

I wasn't aware that Rob Esteva and Phil Parkinson were experts on South Korean boy bands.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2022, 06:05:21 PM »

I wasn't aware that Rob Esteva and Phil Parkinson were experts on South Korean boy bands.

There is a very wide spread of skills and knowledge on the board nowadays.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2022, 06:43:20 PM »

Should we be worried you know the name of a South Korean boy band? :D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2022, 07:45:53 PM »

You mean to tell me that The Retrobeats don't cover any of their songs, complete with the accompanying dance routines..?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2022, 07:54:20 PM »

You mean to tell me that The Retrobeats don't cover any of their songs, complete with the accompanying dance routines..?

;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread..