PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Yeovil Match Thread..  (Read 6460 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match Thread..
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 10:15:41 AM »

Might be on the last minute getting to the game today. The Chester 10k run is coming right past us and the road outside Saughall Towers is closed to traffic until half one.
I've tried to tell some of the stewards how important this is to us but I think they've taken exception to my Centenary Alty shirt and are just not listening! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 10:16:47 AM »

A reminder that if you're coming today, please do join us on the Golf Road to help support the banners and display planned. You can take your spot back on Pop, CSH or Main Stand after but a 5m banner thanking the lads needs a few extra hands
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 02:08:21 PM »

Tony Thompson, Shaun Densmore, Tom Hannigan, Jake Moult (c), Dan Mooney, Marcus Dinanga, Ryan Colclough, Jake Cooper, Ben Pringle, Andy White, Isaac Marriott. Subs: Connor Hampson, Elliot Osborne, Josh Hancock, Matty Gould, Harry Perritt.
Harold

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 05:01:48 PM »

Errr. Sorry #sackthatbutty

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2022, 05:57:33 PM »

The game certainly had a bit of a whiff of pre-season about it in the first half, and we didn't convert our dominance in the second half. A draw certainly would have been a fair result.

If some of the peripheral players were on trial, then I don't think Dinanga came through at all - whereas Pringle looked lively, and Cooper didn't really do much wrong.

Mooney looked so bloody dangerous without ever really looking like actually putting the ball in the net.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 06:02:11 PM »

The game certainly had a bit of a whiff of pre-season about it in the first half, and we didn't convert our dominance in the second half. A draw certainly would have been a fair result.

If some of the peripheral players were on trial, then I don't think Dinanga came through at all - whereas Pringle looked lively, and Cooper didn't really do much wrong.

Mooney looked so bloody dangerous without ever really looking like actually putting the ball in the net.

I hope that Dinanga won't be with us next season. I was surprised to see his name.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2022, 06:24:45 PM »

That was more one sided than the Weymouth and Eastleigh games .  Ryan and especially Dan were all over them in that second half . Lost count of the shots that flew high or wide . Thought they were pretty poor for their FT and league standing tbh .

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2022, 06:46:37 PM »

The thing I brought away from the game was we've got fantastic approach play but are crying out for a number nine. Perhaps Parky gave Dinanga a shot to see whether his time at Dartford had improved him. We now know for sure that it hadn't.
If we get a couple of the loan defenders under contract our next target should be a number 9. As good as we can afford and not someone with promise in the future or with a history of injuries.
I flat out know that's a tremendously big ask, but be under no misapprehension, that is what we need.

PS. I feel sure the club knows this and I've got my fingers crossed 🤞 they can find us what we need.
PPS. This is whether JH stays or not.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:51:08 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2022, 08:16:47 PM »

I hope that Dinanga won't be with us next season. I was surprised to see his name.

I've been told that when we paid a transfer fee for him, he was signed on a two-year contract.

Can anyone confirm this, as I am unable to locate any confirmation in the press coverage that greeted his arrival at Alty?

I have to say that I am praying that Dartford want to sign him during the summer.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »

I've been told that when we paid a transfer fee for him, he was signed on a two-year contract.

Can anyone confirm this, as I am unable to locate any confirmation in the press coverage that greeted his arrival at Alty?

I have to say that I am praying that Dartford want to sign him during the summer.

I too thought he was on a 2 year deal but, as you say, let's pray that Dartford (or anyone, really) make us an offer we can't refuse!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2022, 09:32:59 PM »

I thought Dinanga tried really hard today. Not sure whether it's the quality of opposition or the way Dartford set up, but he's clearly not effective at Alty.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2022, 09:46:24 PM »

Dinanga has another year to run on his contract so he will be here next season

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 09:51:53 PM »

Thought we were at least a point today. I was sorry not to see Ferguson playing today. I’m really hoping that we can sign him up for at least the next two years.,  if I’m not mistaken I think Ryan has another year on contract with us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2022, 10:20:47 PM »

Dinanga has another year to run on his contract so he will be here next season

Oh dear. We could always send him on loan again I suppose?
On a related note, I wonder what's going on with all the other guys we've got out on loan?

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2022, 08:08:48 AM »

IMO the 1st half was like watching paint dry! Livened up 2nd half and deserved a point at least! SBL
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread..