PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving On
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Moving On  (Read 6295 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Moving On
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 11:17:16 PM »

It wouldn't have happened on John Laidlar's watch.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2022, 07:24:10 AM »

No surprises in that list, apart from Thompson who I thought might have wanted to make the move to full-time football.

I'd rather think of most of them as having 'completed it' rather than leaving - particularly those that have seen us at our darkest moments and leave us at our strongest.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all of them.
Very well put. Sums up the way I feel and sure there’s many others support this sentiment.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:28:03 AM by rorysgrandad »

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2022, 08:46:34 AM »

Why is this news not on the club website?  Those of us who don’t do social media would have no idea. It was the same with the full time announcement. I saw the post on here and had to go hunting for it to find out. It should be on the official website the same time it goes out to the socials.

Couldn't agree more.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2022, 09:14:50 AM »

I think I’ll give up on the official site and return to alty files where there is not only this news but a good list of players statuses (shame the official site can’t do something similar rather than John’s “presumed” list). John also answers the appearance question - a staggering 1770 appearances between them. Quite an incredible achievement and a hell of a wrench to see them go.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2022, 01:20:14 PM »

I am very surprised we haven't posted on the website by now. As Bath Alty says, key news like this needs to be distributed across all of the club's media channels, not just the most convenient ones. Having been involved in the set-up previously I do not suspect that the website has been purposefully overlooked, rather, there may be some misalignment between volunteers somewhere.

It doesn't need an essay, just a quick release to cover the news that can be followed up by a tribute article or two.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 01:28:04 PM »

I am very surprised we haven't posted on the website by now.

As Bath Alty says, key news like this needs to be distributed across all of the club's media channels, not just the most convenient ones.

Having been involved in the set-up previously I do not suspect that the website has been purposefully overlooked, rather, there may be some misalignment between volunteers somewhere.

It doesn't need an essay, just a quick release to cover the news that can be followed up by a tribute article or two.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Who actually oversees what appears on the club's official website these days?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 01:31:15 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »

As Bath Alty says, key news like this needs to be distributed across all of the club's media channels, not just the most convenient ones.

Having been involved in the set-up previously I do not suspect that the website has been purposefully overlooked, rather, there may be some misalignment between volunteers somewhere.

Nail hit firmly on head.

For "who" read "does anybody".

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »

Is Ed Painter a volunteer?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 02:20:30 PM »

If you want the back bedroom decorated cheaply this is the wrong forum! 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2022, 02:36:16 PM »

Not sure, but he's leaving at the end of the season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2022, 02:43:09 PM »

Nail hit firmly on head.

My understanding is that it is a collaborative approach with several volunteers involved. From the outside looking in it appears that our media setup may be in a bit of a transitional period and there are a few teething problems. I do hope that we don't end up with a 'too many cooks' scenario.

I want it to be clear that I mean no criticism of anyone who volunteers to maintain our generally superb output. I did reach out to a member of the board to offer my support and I am sure if they feel it is needed in the short term, that they know where I am.

That's correct. Ed volunteered for social media management experience over the course of this season, resuming those responsibilities from myself last summer. I believe he has decided to step away at the end of the season, and I do not know what the club's plans are to fill that vacancy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 02:45:21 PM by Andrew Flynn »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2022, 03:07:41 PM »

Nail hit firmly on head.

My understanding is that it is a collaborative approach with several volunteers involved. From the outside looking in it appears that our media setup may be in a bit of a transitional period and there are a few teething problems. I do hope that we don't end up with a 'too many cooks' scenario.

I want it to be clear that I mean no criticism of anyone who volunteers to maintain our generally superb output. I did reach out to a member of the board to offer my support and I am sure if they feel it is needed in the short term, that they know where I am.

That's correct. Ed volunteered for social media management experience over the course of this season, resuming those responsibilities from myself last summer. I believe he has decided to step away at the end of the season, and I do not know what the club's plans are to fill that vacancy.

Many thanks for that enlightenment.

Perhaps our media operations will fall under the remit of our impending new CEO?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2022, 03:11:43 PM »

When are we likely to learn who the new CEO is?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2022, 06:19:00 PM »

John would have known before the manager. 😔

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2022, 06:22:22 PM »

I think I’ll give up on the official site and return to alty files where there is not only this news but a good list of players statuses (shame the official site can’t do something similar rather than John’s “presumed” list). John also answers the appearance question - a staggering 1770 appearances between them. Quite an incredible achievement and a hell of a wrench to see them go.
Could we reclassify John’s website as the new official full time version and the club could have a part time website which it is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving On