PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving On
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Moving On  (Read 6109 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Moving On
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2022, 08:41:02 PM »

I am very surprised we haven't posted on the website by now.

As Bath Alty says, key news like this needs to be distributed across all of the club's media channels, not just the most convenient ones.

Having been involved in the set-up previously I do not suspect that the website has been purposefully overlooked, rather, there may be some misalignment between volunteers somewhere.

It doesn't need an essay, just a quick release to cover the news that can be followed up by a tribute article or two.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Who actually oversees what appears on the club's official website these days?

My understanding is that it is a collaborative approach with several volunteers involved. From the outside looking in it appears that our media setup may be in a bit of a transitional period and there are a few teething problems. I do hope that we don't end up with a 'too many cooks' scenario.

I want it to be clear that I mean no criticism of anyone who volunteers to maintain our generally superb output. I did reach out to a member of the board to offer my support and I am sure if they feel it is needed in the short term, that they know where I am.

Is Ed Painter a volunteer?
Not sure, but he's leaving at the end of the season.

That's correct. Ed volunteered for social media management experience over the course of this season, resuming those responsibilities from myself last summer. I believe he has decided to step away at the end of the season, and I do not know what the club's plans are to fill that vacancy.

Many thanks for that enlightenment.

Perhaps our media operations will fall under the remit of our impending new CEO?

Perhaps. I’ve long been of the opinion that a full time digital marketing role needs to be one of the first non-football hires the club needs to make. Of course there may be some industry bias on my part there! At least five clubs in the National League North have one, you need only look at the work the lad at York City is doing to see the value if you get it right.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2022, 09:44:02 PM »

I would have thought the media side of the club would now certainly merit a full time position along with physios / Coaches etc as part of the full time package.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2022, 12:39:15 AM »

I think the club have just revealed the players who won’t be staying on next season in a Facebook post.

Hampson, Densmore, Moult, Thompson, Hancock, White and Hannigan.

All great servants to the club who will be missed.

The Magnificent 7!

They have been such an integral part of the club's rise to our current position.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2022, 02:01:12 AM »

Surprised by Thompson going

Speaking of TT, does anyone know if fellow scaffolder John King is anything to do with the Liverpool scaffolding company of the same name? I imagine him as the sort of person who might run his own company.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2022, 07:33:22 AM »

I am very surprised we haven't posted on the website by now.

As Bath Alty says, key news like this needs to be distributed across all of the club's media channels, not just the most convenient ones.

Having been involved in the set-up previously I do not suspect that the website has been purposefully overlooked, rather, there may be some misalignment between volunteers somewhere.

It doesn't need an essay, just a quick release to cover the news that can be followed up by a tribute article or two.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Who actually oversees what appears on the club's official website these days?

My understanding is that it is a collaborative approach with several volunteers involved. From the outside looking in it appears that our media setup may be in a bit of a transitional period and there are a few teething problems. I do hope that we don't end up with a 'too many cooks' scenario.

I want it to be clear that I mean no criticism of anyone who volunteers to maintain our generally superb output. I did reach out to a member of the board to offer my support and I am sure if they feel it is needed in the short term, that they know where I am.

Is Ed Painter a volunteer?
Not sure, but he's leaving at the end of the season.

That's correct. Ed volunteered for social media management experience over the course of this season, resuming those responsibilities from myself last summer. I believe he has decided to step away at the end of the season, and I do not know what the club's plans are to fill that vacancy.

Many thanks for that enlightenment.

Perhaps our media operations will fall under the remit of our impending new CEO?

Perhaps. I’ve long been of the opinion that a full time digital marketing role needs to be one of the first non-football hires the club needs to make. Of course there may be some industry bias on my part there! At least five clubs in the National League North have one, you need only look at the work the lad at York City is doing to see the value if you get it right.

Maybe they do, but I've yet to see any other club at this level (or thereabouts) offering the same quality in terms of both quality and design.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2022, 07:43:52 AM »

I think the club have just revealed the players who won’t be staying on next season in a Facebook post.

I'm not surprised to see the names on the list, and presented like that it makes for sober reflection on the enormity of the task we face next season.  Ambition aside (and I acknowledge the desire to move forward and seek competitive play at the highest level), we are looking at virtually the entire core/backbone/leadership (call it what you will) of the team not being here next season, and the loss of an abundance of experience and sure footed leadership.  This is a mammoth task ahead of us, one I hope we will manage to navigate safely; it will require patience and a resolute determination to make it work.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2022, 08:24:49 AM »

I'm not surprised to see the names on the list, and presented like that it makes for sober reflection on the enormity of the task we face next season.  Ambition aside (and I acknowledge the desire to move forward and seek competitive play at the highest level), we are looking at virtually the entire core/backbone/leadership (call it what you will) of the team not being here next season, and the loss of an abundance of experience and sure footed leadership.  This is a mammoth task ahead of us, one I hope we will manage to navigate safely; it will require patience and a resolute determination to make it work.

It says a lot about the shaping of the squad in the second half of the season that none of these outfield players are considered automatic starters now.

That said, from a dressing room point of view we're losing a lot of experience and leadership - I hope we don't revert entirely to youth if the right experience becomes available.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moving On