PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Toby Mullarky
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Toby Mullarky  (Read 7315 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Toby Mullarky
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 04:53:22 PM »

Great news but seems weird clubs share this sort of private info on other clubs players with their press people.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 05:25:15 PM »

The fact that we can ward off clubs like Pompey is testament to the club's ambition - and also how settled Toby is here in the first place.

Brilliant - and I must say unexpected when I saw the news break on this - I'm delighted.

Some reports suggest they haven't given up on him - although now at least they'd have to pay a fee.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 06:00:02 PM by MarpleAlty »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 08:20:02 PM »

If Toby is staying, then that is fantastic for Alty and the Management team.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2022, 12:19:17 PM »

Full respect for Toby who could have moved 2 levels higher to a big ex Prem Lge team on a free and more dosh . There will most likely be some sort of contract clause for the future but nonetheless it's a real touch of loyalty to the club . Top work  by all.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 12:35:59 PM »

No official announcement from the club on Toby signing. There has been on other players. It’s just a Portsmouth newspaper hack telling us what we want to hear. Just hoping it’s true, but it’s only hope and not fact.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »

If he's been linked with other clubs but opted to sign with us, I'm sure the club would put out the press on it as soon as possible.

Given they haven't (and given what has been alluded to at the awards evening) I guess we have to assume that he hasn't at this stage.

It would be good to hear a few more have signed on - I reckon Jordan is done, but we obviously can't say so because he is still under contract with Fylde.

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 02:52:45 PM »

Not to fuel the gossip, but last Sunday, Toby spent 20 minutes or so chanting with the fans on the Golf Road End. I took that as a bit of a farewell gesture, but he was on the beer, so maybe he just fancied getting involved!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 04:04:55 PM »

I know I'm usually a glass half empty kind of bloke but I think you can look at this both ways. It could well be a gesture to show he's with us for a while yet. At least I hope so. I'm sure Parky will have said he could be in line for the captaincy if he stays on.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2022, 04:29:49 PM »

Not to fuel the gossip, but last Sunday, Toby spent 20 minutes or so chanting with the fans on the Golf Road End. I took that as a bit of a farewell gesture, but he was on the beer, so maybe he just fancied getting involved!

I have a photo of densmore (and others, Poole, Harrison etc) on the terraces at Grantham the day we won the league so I don’t think it’s a farewell gesture.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2022, 05:11:08 PM »

He and Jordan were both enjoying themselves in the CSH and on the GRE; given I'm sure the latter will be with us next season, I wouldn't read too much into that either.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »

On another thread it states he is on his hols, so this is why there might be no official signature.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Toby Mullarky