PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Notts County Match Thread  (Read 6715 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 06, 2022, 09:56:01 AM »

Defo no Hulme or Kosylo, defo not at full strength.

Big ask to win with a full squad available. Looking forward to my last away game of season.

Notts co. 2-1 Alty (hall)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Notts County Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 10:10:04 AM »

I was seriously unimpressed with Hall on Monday unlike other posters. Hope I'm wrong and he's just in a settling in period.
Funnily enough, Nicky Clee seemed to go through this and he didn't turn out so badly did he?!
Without our first choice number 9 and 10 we're going to seriously struggle tomorrow and a draw would be a massive result for us.
I believe we can do it. I'm going 1-1 with one of our defenders scoring for us from a set piece or corner.
Incidently, I hope we'll see a much higher incidence of goals from set pieces next season with all the extra training time we've got now we're full time.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 11:22:31 AM »

Let's hope we stop stag dos and go FT properly next season.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »

I was seriously unimpressed with Hall on Monday unlike other posters. Hope I'm wrong and he's just in a settling in period.
Funnily enough, Nicky Clee seemed to go through this and he didn't turn out so badly did he?!
Without our first choice number 9 and 10 we're going to seriously struggle tomorrow and a draw would be a massive result for us.
I believe we can do it. I'm going 1-1 with one of our defenders scoring for us from a set piece or corner.
Incidently, I hope we'll see a much higher incidence of goals from set pieces next season with all the extra training time we've got now we're full time.
Hall is massively stepping up here, it would take time. Thats why Phil is looking at him. He needs to improve in many areas for me and maybe a step to far at present.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »

Really tough game this, there in good form, were going to be missing several players u front, and that maybe the difference. Massive if we can get a draw. COYR

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 12:05:36 PM »

Yes I'm a bit confused by the enthusiasm for Hall mixed with the disregard for Dinanga. The latter is streets ahead.

Valiant defeat tomorrow and a party atmosphere in the away end. Hope plenty can make the trip.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »

Hall v Dinanga is an interesting one.

Remain to be convinced by Hall but not seen enough to write him off. One thing for sure looks like he's trying and prepared to do the graft
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 12:32:53 PM »

Yes I'm a bit confused by the enthusiasm for Hall mixed with the disregard for Dinanga. The latter is streets ahead.

Neither is good enough imho but Hall has a chance until the end of the season to prove he has the potential.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »

Don't agree, Hall was able to hold the ball up and bring others into the game, something Fiz, Piggot, Dinanga were not able to do
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 12:57:45 PM »

Don't agree, Hall was able to hold the ball up and bring others into the game, something Fiz, Piggot, Dinanga were not able to do

He didn't seem to hold the ball up to me. Plus we need someone to tie up the centre backs as Hulme does. His clear header under no pressure which he put wide from inside the area late in the game could have earned us (a probably undeserved) three points.
Dinanga has done it for Dartford in the South but imho has had enough of a chance to demonstrate he's not what we need up front.

As I said, Hall still has a good chance to improve and earn a contract for next year.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 02:56:31 PM »

For all that Dinanga didn't contribute I thought he was generally okay at holding it up, to be fair. I agree neither are good enough but I thought Hall was dire on Saturday. Dinanga was poor overall during his time here but has now proven he's a very good asset at the level below so in my eyes would be worth bringing back into the full-time environment, especially as he's contracted for next season.

Dinanga is only one year older than Hall, also, so if we're considering improvement and upsides then it would apply to both.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2022, 03:15:44 PM »

I see potential in Hall - personally thought his hold up play was quite good on Monday and he setup Dan Mooney's goal by doing just that. I can see he's trying to move up a level so we shouldn't pass judgement too quickly.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2022, 04:24:08 PM »

Yes I see the point, to be fair my observations about hold up were mostly for the first half where I thought he was excellent, not sure about the second half, the whole experience was soporific and passed me by
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2022, 04:44:53 PM »

Why is Kossy missing. Is he injured

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2022, 05:00:18 PM »

Why is Kossy missing. Is he injured

Is this what's behind the cryptic stag do comment above?
I would have thought he was injured but there's been no mention of it anywhere has there?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team