Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the squad going to look like next year?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: What's the squad going to look like next year?  (Read 22564 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's the squad going to look like next year?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2022, 01:10:46 PM »

I’ve been told the lad at Curzon is worth a look

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2022, 01:45:45 PM »

Tom something or other? 🤔
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2022, 03:15:15 PM »

Haha, Chris Renshaw

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2022, 03:25:03 PM »

Haha, Chris Renshaw

Looks like a good shout.
I'm sure Parky has some irons in the fire as he must have known the situation as soon as full time was definite.

Also, wonder what the situation is with Mullarkey, Kosylo, Colclough and Hulme?
For various reasons it's concerning.
It would be nice to know exactly who has committed for next year. We'd then have an idea where the gaps are.
I understand it's not going to happen yet and we'll be told as soon it's possible. Just shows the level of excitement/uncertainty/concern I'm experiencing (along with lots of other people on here!)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:16:04 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2022, 12:30:43 AM »

This could be where Parkie's full time status could be of benefit with the scouting and contacts he will have made.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2022, 02:08:42 AM »

I'd keep 15 of the squad:
Thompson (Drench), Mullarky, Morgan, Cooper, Jones, Perritt, Ferguson,
Mooney, Kosylo, Colclough, Pringle, Marriott, Osborne, Hulme

Happy to stay, expect may go: White, Densmore, Gould, Moult, Hancock.

Lose: Hampson, Hannigan, Densmore, Sutton, Digie, Morgan, Jackson.

Unsure: Hall, Miller, Dinanga

Think this is fairly accurate, albeit there may be the odd surprise departure. The players in the squad in the autumn of their careers such as Moult, Densmore, Sutton I can’t see this being right for them and the slightly younger ones who we know have good jobs outside of football-Hancock & Hannigan spring to mind-again part time probably suits their lifestyle better. I’m sure there’s quite a few Conference North/NPL sides who read our announcement with interest.

The spine of the team now Thompson-Mullarkey-Marriot/Osborne-Hulme I would expect all to be here next season. Hopefully both Colclough & Mooney but you can see us losing one of those two. I wonder who Stockport won’t be taking with them to League 2 as well-must be some opportunities there perhaps. All in all I’d expect a younger more stable squad with fewer ins and outs & loans next season. The fact that we’ve known since early March that we weren’t going down means we’ve had plenty of time to track players & move quickly in the summer I hope.

Interesting if people take it for granted that Hulme will leave Fylde for us. Does anyone know anything for certain about this - or may it depend on whether Fylde win the play-offs?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2022, 08:29:16 AM »

I'd keep 15 of the squad:
Thompson (Drench), Mullarky, Morgan, Cooper, Jones, Perritt, Ferguson,
Mooney, Kosylo, Colclough, Pringle, Marriott, Osborne, Hulme

Happy to stay, expect may go: White, Densmore, Gould, Moult, Hancock.

Lose: Hampson, Hannigan, Densmore, Sutton, Digie, Morgan, Jackson.

Unsure: Hall, Miller, Dinanga

Think this is fairly accurate, albeit there may be the odd surprise departure. The players in the squad in the autumn of their careers such as Moult, Densmore, Sutton I can’t see this being right for them and the slightly younger ones who we know have good jobs outside of football-Hancock & Hannigan spring to mind-again part time probably suits their lifestyle better. I’m sure there’s quite a few Conference North/NPL sides who read our announcement with interest.

The spine of the team now Thompson-Mullarkey-Marriot/Osborne-Hulme I would expect all to be here next season. Hopefully both Colclough & Mooney but you can see us losing one of those two. I wonder who Stockport won’t be taking with them to League 2 as well-must be some opportunities there perhaps. All in all I’d expect a younger more stable squad with fewer ins and outs & loans next season. The fact that we’ve known since early March that we weren’t going down means we’ve had plenty of time to track players & move quickly in the summer I hope.

Interesting if people take it for granted that Hulme will leave Fylde for us. Does anyone know anything for certain about this - or may it depend on whether Fylde win the play-offs?

Given he shares everything about the club on his socials along with the fact he's buzzing for it all, saying goodbye to the leavers etc - I'd be amazed if he wasn't coming at this stage.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2022, 01:31:56 PM »

I see Kidderminster have been defeated in the NLN playoffs...

...Ashley Hemmings, anyone?

At 31 he's not getting any younger - but I suppose Jordan's that kind of age too - and he seems to be as strong as ever.

Doing a bit of digging it seems he's already signed on for next season - although at his age he might fancy a crack at National League football, might be worth an enquiry.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:37:51 PM by MarpleAlty »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »

Ashley Hemmings plays in the same position as ryan colclough so I would say no although he can play number 10 .

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2022, 03:52:54 PM »

Ashley Hemmings plays in the same position as ryan colclough so I would say no although he can play number 10 .
I can't see any way that Ryan Colclough is an Alty player next season. I also don't think a 31 year old from the NLN is where we should be looking for our players.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2022, 07:16:24 PM »

I can't see any way that Ryan Colclough is an Alty player next season. I also don't think a 31 year old from the NLN is where we should be looking for our players.

Jordan Hulme?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2022, 07:36:45 PM »

Jordan Hulme?

Exactly.
That's the first position we should be looking to strengthen. I'm hoping we can tempt a good young big target man who can bully defences like he is noted for. Just five or six years younger. Someone to challenge him for that number nine shirt (if he stays).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 07:40:57 PM by Saughall Robin »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2022, 08:20:09 PM »

The point I'm making is that Jordan is a 31 year old from the NLN - and Hemmings is a few months younger and clearly National League standard.

I wouldn't be averse to signing him at all if he were available - need a squad of 18 or so strong players, and a blend of youth and experience.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2022, 08:53:09 PM »

Yes. I was going a bit further to say that not only would hemmings be a questionable signing on a couple of levels but so would Hulme and we need to be aiming to sign someone younger and better IF possible.
They certainly could both be good signings for the squad but we really need to have better starters.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2022, 11:31:11 PM »

Last season a competent Man U youth player (Fish) played for Stockport; maybe this is an area to look at for loans.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the squad going to look like next year?