Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the squad going to look like next year?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: What's the squad going to look like next year?  (Read 21861 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's the squad going to look like next year?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2022, 07:06:31 PM »

I did hear a rumour that Egerton is going to be the training facility for the full time squad

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »

Joe Robbins has been released by Crewe after their relegation. Wonder if we might take a look after he had that loan spell here.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2022, 09:32:59 PM »

I did hear a rumour that Egerton is going to be the training facility for the full time squad

Did the old Macc Town use that?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2022, 09:36:53 PM »

Don't know but I think Barrow did for a while?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2022, 10:04:42 PM »

I thought they found somewhere  north Manchester area. Either way Egerton sounds good to me.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2022, 10:06:53 PM »

Yes. They went to Hopwood Hall between Middleton and Rochdale for a while.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 10:59:23 PM »

I thought they found somewhere  north Manchester area. Either way Egerton sounds good to me.

I think both  the original Macclesfield and Barrow  (who always seem to be moving training venues, but seldom anywhere near Furness) have used Egerton in the past, with Macc leaving Egerton out of pocket if I recall correctly.

Various teams of ours have used Egerton for a few years now, so I am sure relations are good, and I am expecting us to be training there.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »

I agree that we are likely to lose some long standing favourites, mainly I suspect because it won't make sense for them to give up jobs and go full time.

I would love to secure Ferguson if possible and, given what I've seen so far, would happily sign Kole Hall. His hold up play, ability to link / bring others into play and also work ethic make him a good acquisition imo

Obviously Perritt would be worth securing even on a long loan

Will be interested to see how it all pans out though

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »

How about ones we would want:-
I'd have scott leather back, either of the newbys, Jakes brother and (reaching here) Josh Ginnelly
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2022, 10:32:55 AM »

Just been reading that six of the Academy squad have been signed "on first team forms".
Where will they slot into the system now? Do I assume they will play in the reserves and will continue to be developed or might they go out on loan next year to see how they progress?
I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.
Thoughts anyone?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2022, 12:16:29 PM »

The Crewe released list is always an interesting read - and all the more so now we can offer full-time deals.

I'd say the 2 highlights are Will Jaaskelainen, who looked destined for good things but his form has completely deteriorated this season - and also Luke Murphy, who I think most of their fans would have liked to have retained for at least another year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 12:20:19 PM by MarpleAlty »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2022, 12:45:11 PM »

Murphy is 32 so I'd be surprised if Parky looks at him. We look like we're going for young players with sell on potential.
Jaaskelleinen (sp?) fits the bill perfectly being early 20s but as Parky loves Thommo it would only be likely if Tony doesn't want to go full time as the Crewe lad would certainly want to be assured of being first choice starter imo.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2022, 03:29:50 PM »

Murphy is 32 so I'd be surprised if Parky looks at him. We look like we're going for young players with sell on potential.
Jaaskelleinen (sp?) fits the bill perfectly being early 20s but as Parky loves Thommo it would only be likely if Tony doesn't want to go full time as the Crewe lad would certainly want to be assured of being first choice starter imo.

As much as we got our fingers burned in the main with recruiting experienced players this season, I'm sure it won't put Parky off if the right people become available - Murphy is younger than Jake Moult and Ben Pringle - and has plenty of minutes under his belt playing League One football this season.

Jaaskelainen has the added Nantwich connection, which I'm sure the management will like! - he's still only young and clearly his confidence is shot playing between the sticks for a poorly performing side. I'm sure he won't be short on interest, and he'll want to be first choice as you say.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2022, 06:35:00 PM »

Alex Newby confirmed as released by Rochdale.

One other interesting name on the list is ex-Salford and Fylde goalkeeper Jay Lynch - who at 29 is a pretty decent age for a goalkeeper.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »

Well, I guess we have an opening for a first-choice goalkeeper now!

I think Will Jaaskelainen would be a great shout and a long-term asset - or Jay Lynch who has lots of experience in the region around this level.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the squad going to look like next year?