Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's the squad going to look like next year?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: What's the squad going to look like next year?  (Read 22556 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 04, 2022, 09:37:43 PM »

Who do we think / hope will still be here when we're full time next season?
Will we still have one or two part timers here too?
I think JL could be correct in thinking that most of the players we have out on loan will be released but I'm not sure how many of the squad will want full time. I expect those under, say, 27 or 28 would love to give it a go but we've got a handful over 30 who'd be less keen.
Thoughts?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's the squad going to look like next year?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 10:00:41 PM »

Might keep some young loaned out players.

Defo going, Densmore, Hannigan, Hampson, Moult, Hancock

Think Thompson, Marriot Mullarkey will make the switch to full time.

The rest are full time
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 10:09:25 PM »

You're saying that Kosylo, Colclough, Mooney, Osbourne, Hulme, Leitch-Smith, Pringle etc are already ft? I didn't know that.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 10:10:06 PM »

Colclough could be tempted away. Love to see him stay. That's depends on our budget and the need to build a cohesive squad.

Leitch-Smith hasn't cut it for me.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 10:14:57 PM »

I think Colclough is still under contract for another year but I know that doesn't mean he's staying or would want to stay if a lucrative bid comes in.

Going to be a very interesting summer!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 10:16:32 PM by Saughall Robin »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 10:38:29 PM »

I'd keep 15 of the squad:
Thompson (Drench), Mullarky, Morgan, Cooper, Jones, Perritt, Ferguson,
Mooney, Kosylo, Colclough, Pringle, Marriott, Osborne, Hulme

Happy to stay, expect may go: White, Densmore, Gould, Moult, Hancock.

Lose: Hampson, Hannigan, Densmore, Sutton, Digie, Morgan, Jackson.

Unsure: Both Halls, Miller, Dinanga
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:00:35 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:32 PM »

Unsure: Hall, Miller, Dinanga

I'd love them to stay, but Perritt is a loan and Ferguson a short term deal - I think is to go back to Ireland.

Is your Hall Will or Kole - I's like to see the latter stay.

Either way we will lose some players who have given Alty so much

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 11:03:13 PM »

I'd love them to stay, but Perritt is a loan and Ferguson a short term deal - I think is to go back to Ireland.

Is your Hall Will or Kole - I's like to see the latter stay.

Either way we will lose some players who have given Alty so much

I'd imagine with the length of loan, most loanees post Feb, will be up for grabs. I'd be very disappointed if Ferguson goes back to Ireland (unsure on the standard, but he would slot in a L2 side with ease,).

We will lose some players by their choice, and the odd one who it's our choice, but thats football, sadly. Every player in our sqaud is capable of joining a top North or even a newly promoted PT north side.
Both Halls; certainly if it's not an expensive addition to have each involves
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 11:03:21 PM »

I don’t really want to see Dinanga back at ML anytime soon. Not sure about Hall. The likes of Hannigan, Hanks probably don’t want full time .. I expect a few of the senior players won’t get a new contract. It will be a shame to no longer see the likes of Dens and Jake no longer at Alty but I think Parky will have to be ruthless now we are FT and Parky and Sorvs will be making difficult decisions on who stays and who goes.

Going full time will put a different spin on how the club is run and progresses in the future. It will have to now employ people behind the scenes to do a full time job and be run as a formal business.

Hopefully this step forward means further investment in the club will be forthcoming.

Exciting times ahead

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 11:06:32 PM »

Ferguson did say in one of his interviews that he wanted to break into English football. He does look like exactly the sort of player, not being local, who would be attracted by full-time football here, although there must be a chance that a bigger club could come in for him following his performances, with the same also applying to Ryan Colclough.

I would like Perritt to stay, although I doubt whether he would be released by Accrington. Otherwise the names on Hashtag's list of players to stay look the likely ones, although he has Morgan both staying and leaving! Perhaps Leitch-Smith was missed from the ones to leave?

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 11:07:48 PM »

Would there not be room for some of the best part-time players to stay on ie. the ones who have good careers outside football who don't want to break in to that.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 11:10:37 PM »

Think this is fairly accurate, albeit there may be the odd surprise departure. The players in the squad in the autumn of their careers such as Moult, Densmore, Sutton I can’t see this being right for them and the slightly younger ones who we know have good jobs outside of football-Hancock & Hannigan spring to mind-again part time probably suits their lifestyle better. I’m sure there’s quite a few Conference North/NPL sides who read our announcement with interest.

The spine of the team now Thompson-Mullarkey-Marriot/Osborne-Hulme I would expect all to be here next season. Hopefully both Colclough & Mooney but you can see us losing one of those two. I wonder who Stockport won’t be taking with them to League 2 as well-must be some opportunities there perhaps. All in all I’d expect a younger more stable squad with fewer ins and outs & loans next season. The fact that we’ve known since early March that we weren’t going down means we’ve had plenty of time to track players & move quickly in the summer I hope.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 08:33:49 AM »

Would there not be room for some of the best part-time players to stay on ie. the ones who have good careers outside football who don't want to break in to that.

Surely then we wouldn't be full time? And I'm not sure how it would work for strategy, team building, morale, unity etc. with some of the players only being at some of the training either.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 09:29:28 AM »

Think this is fairly accurate, albeit there may be the odd surprise departure. The players in the squad in the autumn of their careers such as Moult, Densmore, Sutton I can’t see this being right for them and the slightly younger ones who we know have good jobs outside of football-Hancock & Hannigan spring to mind-again part time probably suits their lifestyle better. I’m sure there’s quite a few Conference North/NPL sides who read our announcement with interest.

The spine of the team now Thompson-Mullarkey-Marriot/Osborne-Hulme I would expect all to be here next season. Hopefully both Colclough & Mooney but you can see us losing one of those two. I wonder who Stockport won’t be taking with them to League 2 as well-must be some opportunities there perhaps. All in all I’d expect a younger more stable squad with fewer ins and outs & loans next season. The fact that we’ve known since early March that we weren’t going down means we’ve had plenty of time to track players & move quickly in the summer I hope.

This was one of the first things that came to my mind when pondering our squad for next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Tom Walker and Millenic Alli here next season, but really, who knows what our approach will be, and who we are in talks with.

I think it's highly likely that we'll take a couple of lads from Fleetwood/Crewe/Stoke on 6-month or even season-long loans, too. Having the full-time environment opens us up to that sort of partnership.

First step is to get the contracts agreed with those we want to go full-time. The sooner that is done, the sooner we know what gaps we need to fill.

Agree with the names touted to depart, either due to us going full-time or because we are simply moving on. We are likely to see double figures for departing players, so this really is shaping up to be a crucial but exciting summer.

Our most successful player profile has been the young, hungry and talented type so I hope we have learned lessons from the underwhelming 'ex-pros' of this season. That said, with the likes of Moult, Dens, Hannigan, Hancock almost certain to depart, we are going to have a big seniority vacuum. How we fill that is going to be very important.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »

Don't think kole Hall is a candidate for a starting number nine. Whether Hulme stays or goes, we need reinforcements there.
Good strikers are obviously as rare as hen's teeth but being able to offer a full time contract might be very helpful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team