PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dover Match Thread  (Read 5507 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dover Match Thread
« on: April 28, 2022, 09:49:53 AM »

2 very winnable games coming up. Squad rotation will be prominent I hear so no idea what the starting 11 will be. I expect a minimum of 4 points.

Dover 0-2 Alty (Colclough, Kosylo)

Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dover Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 10:50:57 AM »

I think we should play the same team unless injuries dictate otherwise.
Our best eleven is fully capable of getting six points from the next two games.
If we can also win our final game and pick up a draw at either Notts County or Bromley we'll have reached the 60 point mark which is an amazing return in this league.
Having said that, almost half of our points will have come from games against the bottom five (28 I think?)
Improvement next season has to come with better results against the mid-table clubs which would put us well in the top half of the league.
Something to aim for?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:27:29 PM »

After last season's (admittedly entertaining) shenanigans at Dover, when Radio Robins was abruptly forced off air just as the commentary on the match was about to commence, will Flynny et al. be permitted to broadcast from The Crabble on Saturday?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

After last season's (admittedly entertaining) shenanigans at Dover, when Radio Robins was abruptly forced off air just as the commentary on the match was about to commence, will Flynny et al. be permitted to broadcast from The Crabble on Saturday?
I'm fully expecting a rematch with Flynny suitably genned up on some new expletives l
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 01:34:44 PM by rorysgrandad »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »

I'm forecasting a 2/1/2 record from the final five games which will take us to 57 - although Saturday won't be straightforward.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 04:03:09 PM »

I'm forecasting a 2/1/2 record from the final five games which will take us to 57 - although Saturday won't be straightforward.

I'm assuming 2 defeats at Notts County and Bromley and two wins and a draw for the other three? You could be right.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 01:24:59 PM »

I'm guessing there'll be no RR coverage again on Saturday. I emailed Dover about last year's debacle, but they didn't have the courtesy to respond (OK, I didn't hold back, but still....)

Dover are now just playing for the pride of finishing with more than zero points. We can't assume a pushover.

I feel they should have been relegated after their refusal to complete the season, and so my message is:

COME ON ALTY - WIN IT FOR FLYNNY !!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 06:13:34 PM »

I'm guessing there'll be no RR coverage again on Saturday. I emailed Dover about last year's debacle, but they didn't have the courtesy to respond (OK, I didn't hold back, but still....)

Dover are now just playing for the pride of finishing with more than zero points. We can't assume a pushover.

I feel they should have been relegated after their refusal to complete the season, and so my message is:

From the official club website:

'There will be no live Radio Robins coverage from The Crabble Athletic Ground on Saturday. This is due to Dover Athletic not permitting us to broadcast from the ground, due to an existing deal they have in place with the BBC.'

Possible meagre substitute:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0c403k3
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:15:34 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 07:07:42 PM »

'There will be no live Radio Robins coverage from The Crabble Athletic Ground on Saturday. This is due to Dover Athletic not permitting us to broadcast from the ground, due to an existing deal they have in place with the BBC.'

They can keep it! It's Flynny or nowt for me! 😉

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 07:09:54 PM »

I used it last year. It was rubbish. They spent more time on Maidstone and Dartford than our higher division game. Hopefully Twitter will give me updates.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 07:52:41 PM »

Did the lads travel down South today to enable them to be fresh and raring to go tomorrow?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 07:55:46 PM »

Did the lads travel down South today to enable them to be fresh and raring to go tomorrow?

They surely must have done.

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2022, 09:42:12 PM »

There was a coach was outside the ground at 16.15.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2022, 08:33:28 AM »

I think there may match coverage on BBC radio Kent you can listen via the bbc sports app

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2022, 08:57:51 AM »

Think the link to that has been given above 👍
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover Match Thread