PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 5358 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Wealdstone Match Thread
« on: April 21, 2022, 09:52:36 AM »

Great opportunity to bag 3 points. Unfortunately I can't see Hulme being available which hapmers our preferred style of play.

I assume Hancock will as the lone  striker, personally I go 4-3-3.

Only call is the left back birth, I'm happy with either.

Alty 1-0 wealdstone. (Hancock)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 10:40:16 AM »

I've got a sneaky feeling it's going to be a 0-0 with us struggling to break them down as with Aldershot. I'd settle for any kind of win to raise spirits again after Wrexham and keep us pushing on.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »

Yeah, I get the tight & low scoring vibe about this one too. After Monday though we need to get back in the saddle as quickly as possible & our home form has been excellent now for the past 2 months so I’d back us to win 1-0 with Colclough or Mooney on the score sheet.

After 3 home attendances in a row north of 2000 I reckon we might be back down just a tad and I’ll go for 1,812 with ooh 95 away fans. Good to see the ‘her game too’ initiative being promoted & also as a one off no segregation for this one, will take a lot of people back to how the game was when they were younger. Both sets of fans would swap ends at Moss Lane when I first became a regular in the 90s. Hopefully Libero beers on in the CSH again too as with Wealdstone fans in their too then the bar queues could be long on Saturday.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 02:38:42 PM »

Tony Thompson (c), Dan Mooney, Elliot Osborne, Josh Hancock, Ryan Colclough, Matty Kosylo, Andy White, Kyle Ferguson, Toby Mullarkey, Eddy Jones, Isaac Marriott. Subs: Shaun Densmore, Jake Moult, Jake Cooper, Ben Pringle, Kole Hall.
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 05:49:54 PM »

So much for a tight affair!

Shame the result didn't quite have the gloss on it that it could have done - we definitely looked much more wobbly once we lost the legs of Kosylo and then Marriott, our two most energetic players. Both were excellent.

Nice to stand on the Chequers End in the sunshine.

erimus

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 06:05:59 PM »

Taking Kosylo off was probably wise with that ref giving cards for fairly minor challenges but replacing with Moult? Moved the midfield back 10-15 yards and give Wealdstone more space to exploit. Parky should have brought Pringle on who would have kept their midfield and defence busy.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 06:11:15 PM »

Taking Kosylo off was probably wise with that ref giving cards for fairly minor challenges but replacing with Moult? Moved the midfield back 10-15 yards and give Wealdstone more space to exploit. Parky should have brought Pringle on who would have kept their midfield and defence busy.

Yep, moving to a 4141 backfired in hindsight - instead of making us look morr solid, it just invited them on to us, as you say. I don't think Jake made much impact at all.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »

Main stand season ticket holders treated with shabby contempt today, as for the first time in my memory of five decades of supporting Alty there wasn't a single turnstile open at the main stand entrance for a league fixture.

When I addressed this issue with the club's matchday safety officer at half-time, he advised me that he had taken the decision to keep those turnstiles closed as two stewards operating those metal-detecting wands outside would have cost £150.

Are we really that desperate for money? What sort of impression does that convey?

Five-year plan with an Evo-Stik mentality.

(Incidentally, the steward at the rear of the main stand was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and it was only due to the timely intervention of the match announcer Ian Wilkinson that the constant procession of adults and children disrupting the view in front of the press box and the Radio Robins commentators was halted).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 08:43:52 PM »

Agree with this.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 09:11:04 PM »

Once Kossy and Marriott went off we relinquished the midfield . I realised that Isaac had taken a knock. I expected Pringle to come on for Kossy but instead they bought on Jake. I thought that was a poor decision by Phil. What it did prove was, that in this league, a comfortable lead can quickly turn into a closer result than expected. TT pulled off a terrific save at the end. Sadly once again Josh didn’t seem to perform at this level.. Jordon is a big miss and I really hope he is back soon and that we can get him for next season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 09:18:34 PM »

Perhaps our club safety officer should be worried about away fans bring 4 flares in to our ground than trouble caused by home fans needing metal detectors.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 09:33:56 PM »

Main stand season ticket holders treated with shabby contempt today, as for the first time in my memory of five decades of supporting Alty there wasn't a single turnstile open at the main stand entrance for a league fixture.

When I addressed this issue with the club's matchday safety officer at half-time, he advised me that he had taken the decision to keep those turnstiles closed as two stewards operating those metal-detecting wands outside would have cost £150.

Are we really that desperate for money? What sort of impression does that convey?

Five-year plan with an Evo-Stik mentality.

(Incidentally, the steward at the rear of the main stand was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and it was only due to the timely intervention of the match announcer Ian Wilkinson that the constant procession of adults and children disrupting the view in front of the press box and the Radio Robins commentators was halted).

A ridiculous state of affairs at a National league club. Maybe, just maybe, if we didn’t keep giving freebie tickets away, the purse strings may just stretch to having the correct number of Stewards for the ground to open the required turnstiles.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2022, 10:36:38 PM »

I don't think freebie tickets is the problem, I'm all for fresh faces coming to the games and it boosted what would have been one of our lower attendances.

But if it's been done to save £150 I do find it a very odd decision, particularly given all the current talk of where we go as a club and also how we are far more image and PR savvy. An own goal in my view.

And what was all that German stuff on the tannoy at half time?

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2022, 10:38:40 PM »

Well I had a good afternoon watch us win even if no-one else on here did :o

Thought Marriott and Mooney were superb today, also thought Josh Hancock had a decent game as well (contrary to what one or two others have posted, but there you go, these opinions are subjective).

Wealdstone looked useful when they got going after being 4-0 down in second half so well done to Parky and the lads on putting the game out of sight by that point and getting the 3 points. 8)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 08:30:43 AM »

Well I had a good afternoon watch us win even if no-one else on here did :o

Thought Marriott and Mooney were superb today, also thought Josh Hancock had a decent game as well (contrary to what one or two others have posted, but there you go, these opinions are subjective).

Wealdstone looked useful when they got going after being 4-0 down in second half so well done to Parky and the lads on putting the game out of sight by that point and getting the 3 points. 8)

I thougt Marriott and Osbourne were superb again and 100% our starting CM's.
Really like Ferguson, hope we can offer a contract that he is happy to relocate here permanently.
Thought Jones had a good game.
Disagree about Josh, it is a shame and I am still a fan of his, but he wouldn't start in our best 11 nowadays. Kossy owns that No.10 position and Hulme up top.
A difficult decision about whether Hulme can stay fit but we must offer him another season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:50:13 AM by oneedham »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread