PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 5580 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 09:06:24 AM »

Well I had a good afternoon watch us win even if no-one else on here did :o

Thought Marriott and Mooney were superb today, also thought Josh Hancock had a decent game as well (contrary to what one or two others have posted, but there you go, these opinions are subjective).

Wealdstone looked useful when they got going after being 4-0 down in second half so well done to Parky and the lads on putting the game out of sight by that point and getting the 3 points. 8)

Never happy unless we're moaning! Looks like we're now in a bit of a mini league between 12th-15th which confirms an improvement on last season unless things go really south.

I thought the players almost looked surprised by the space Wealdstone offered them in the first half, which they exploited more clinically at the start of the second. We've tended to come out fast in the second half at home, that's the third game in a row I've been finishing my pint off in the CSH and missed us scoring!

I agree with Ferguson, I do like the look of him. Proper no nonsense, put your body on the line type defender, seems to work really well with Toby.

In hindsight Pringle should have come on, we're probably now in a position where Tom and Jake are 4th choice in their respective positions which isn't a bad position to be in compared to the start of the season.

From their point of view I thought their number 9 put himself about really well, and the left winger caused us some problems in the seocnd half too.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 10:20:34 AM »

Well I had a good afternoon watch us win even if no-one else on here did :o

Thought Marriott and Mooney were superb today, also thought Josh Hancock had a decent game as well (contrary to what one or two others have posted, but there you go, these opinions are subjective).

Wealdstone looked useful when they got going after being 4-0 down in second half so well done to Parky and the lads on putting the game out of sight by that point and getting the 3 points. 8)

Never happy unless we're moaning! Looks like we're now in a bit of a mini league between 12th-15th which confirms an improvement on last season unless things go really south.

I thought the players almost looked surprised by the space Wealdstone offered them in the first half, which they exploited more clinically at the start of the second. We've tended to come out fast in the second half at home, that's the third game in a row I've been finishing my pint off in the CSH and missed us scoring!

I agree with Ferguson, I do like the look of him. Proper no nonsense, put your body on the line type defender, seems to work really well with Toby.

In hindsight Pringle should have come on, we're probably now in a position where Tom and Jake are 4th choice in their respective positions which isn't a bad position to be in compared to the start of the season.

From their point of view I thought their number 9 put himself about really well, and the left winger caused us some problems in the seocnd half too.
There’s a marked lack of training and application present here. You really need to concentrate and practice drinking beer quickly.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:23:38 AM by rorysgrandad »

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »

From what I saw of the game it was a fairly routine win where we switched off after 60 mins, and let them back in, didn’t actually think they deserved what they got after some dodgy goal keeping by their keeper, but on the whole we deserved the win.
From a main stand viewing perspective not great, with all the movement kids running round people getting up out of their seats it was not great. The poor stewarding has to be a problem and an accident waiting to happen.
I’m all for getting kids into games but there must be a better way of supporting it.
As for the main stand turnstile not open, I cannot remember that happening ever ?
Shambles.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 02:14:05 PM »

Very much end of season knockabout affair with both teams very loose at the back. Still not entirely sure how we won that 4-2 but I’ll take it. Marriott’s strike the pick of the goals for me, although yet again I’d say Mooney was our main man going forward, he’s been outstanding recently. 50 points & 10 home wins for the season too is fantastic-hopefully another 2 to come as well.

Off the pitch a cracking day drinking round the town centre with the Stones fans who were a great group & to bring 150 up to us for a dead rubber was really impressive numbers & something we need to try emulating with our southern away followings. Great to have the Libero beers in the CSH too, definitely helps with the bar queues.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 03:56:53 PM »

Very much end of season knockabout affair with both teams very loose at the back. Still not entirely sure how we won that 4-2 but I’ll take it. Marriott’s strike the pick of the goals for me, although yet again I’d say Mooney was our main man going forward, he’s been outstanding recently. 50 points & 10 home wins for the season too is fantastic-hopefully another 2 to come as well.

Off the pitch a cracking day drinking round the town centre with the Stones fans who were a great group & to bring 150 up to us for a dead rubber was really impressive numbers & something we need to try emulating with our southern away followings. Great to have the Libero beers in the CSH too, definitely helps with the bar queues.

Put like that, 10 home wins given how many we won early doors shows where our potential to kick on may be.

15 out 23 rather than just 10 would certainly put us knocking on the door.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2022, 08:54:33 PM »

We went to the away fixture back in Sept and the home fans were very friendly and we had a good couple of hours in there club prior to the game. Decent fans.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2022, 12:24:26 PM »

Great to eclipse last season's total with games in hand. That's five seasons and five positive steps forward under Phil and Neil, who deserve great credit for putting us in the right direction at what was a very important crossroad back in February. One of the consistent themes in my criticism throughout the poor run was that you never knew who was going to be in the squad on any given weekend, but now that we are more settled with a consistent back four and central midfield we are really coming into our own again.

Ferguson and Marriott continue to impress and I worry that we may lose them in the summer.

At half-time it was great to see the sheer numbers of girls and ladies who represent the club, I had no idea we had that many female teams going down to such a young age. Also great to see so many of the younger ones asking the lads for signatures after the game.

I am not sure what the crack was with that German-dubbed mix of conversation and music that we all had to endure as they walked around the pitch, but the fact it was allowed to continue playing for ten minutes was really quite poor. Not for the first time either as I've noticed Spotify adverts come on from time to time. Got to get that sorted one way or another.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 10:46:08 AM »

Hi Andrew, interesting post of yours. Some points you may be interested in. At present, girls football is achieving huge growth at present. My younger foster daughter Lacie, joined about a year ago when she was under 9's level. He year had 1 team and they were just starting a second team of whom Lacie now plays for. Both the first and 2nd team are in the highest division at Under 10's level. We now have had to add a third team to allow growth, and this is happening in other years too. So in the current Under 10's this season, we have the Red Kites, Black Kites and now the White Kites. They are three very good teams and the girls love playing football and are also close friends off the pitch too. They were all parading round the pitch at half time, and it was a joy to watch them tearing onto the pitch after the ladies game as they really look up to both the Under 23's and the Women's first team. The elder girls also made a big fuss of them, carrying some of the much younger girls, and you could see the admiration and aspirations of the younger girls. It had me very close to tears as I watched from the main stand.

My point is, I cannot thank the club enough for what they have done to welcome Brooke and Lacie to the club. When they came with me to watch, I told them that this is not only my club, but their club too. Lacie sprained her wrist last week and was not able to play. When she found out she was unable to play her game she cried her eyes out for 15 minutes. In the end I had to take her to watch her teammates play, and she insisted on standing with her coach! Lacie meets the players for autographs and sometimes a chat after the games, she also met the ex Arsenal and England player Alex Scott the other week. We all idolise our players as much as any United or City fan, but the thing I love about non-league is pour players play because of a deep love of the game and I hope they enjoy mixing with fans as we do with them. You cannot do that a United or City, but you can here. Plus, they play lovely football and you cannot say we don't get our money's worth!!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2022, 02:03:11 PM »

Hi Andrew, interesting post of yours. Some points you may be interested in. At present, girls football is achieving huge growth at present. My younger foster daughter Lacie, joined about a year ago when she was under 9's level. He year had 1 team and they were just starting a second team of whom Lacie now plays for. Both the first and 2nd team are in the highest division at Under 10's level. We now have had to add a third team to allow growth, and this is happening in other years too. So in the current Under 10's this season, we have the Red Kites, Black Kites and now the White Kites. They are three very good teams and the girls love playing football and are also close friends off the pitch too. They were all parading round the pitch at half time, and it was a joy to watch them tearing onto the pitch after the ladies game as they really look up to both the Under 23's and the Women's first team. The elder girls also made a big fuss of them, carrying some of the much younger girls, and you could see the admiration and aspirations of the younger girls. It had me very close to tears as I watched from the main stand.

My point is, I cannot thank the club enough for what they have done to welcome Brooke and Lacie to the club. When they came with me to watch, I told them that this is not only my club, but their club too. Lacie sprained her wrist last week and was not able to play. When she found out she was unable to play her game she cried her eyes out for 15 minutes. In the end I had to take her to watch her teammates play, and she insisted on standing with her coach! Lacie meets the players for autographs and sometimes a chat after the games, she also met the ex Arsenal and England player Alex Scott the other week. We all idolise our players as much as any United or City fan, but the thing I love about non-league is pour players play because of a deep love of the game and I hope they enjoy mixing with fans as we do with them. You cannot do that a United or City, but you can here. Plus, they play lovely football and you cannot say we don't get our money's worth!!
What a spot on post Steve. Captures what Alty and indeed the wider non-league family are all about. Went to Wrexham and despite the result had a thoroughly good day out. There's more to the Alty experience than just the game.You don't need to explain any further to the converted.😂😂😂
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread