News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread

Author Topic: Halifax Match Thread  (Read 3065 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Halifax Match Thread
« on: April 12, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »

Seems an age since s competitive game, and Easter has given us 2 really tough fixtures. Can definitely see some rotation.

Thompson

Perritt. Ferguson. Mullarky.  Jones

Osbourne.    Marriott

Mooney.  Kosylo.  Colclough

Hulme

Alty 2-2 Halifax (Hulme Mooney)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:23:16 PM »

A draw would be a good result. That's the side I'd play too.
A last gasp winner for us would be even better! 😉

I'd be tempted to go with Andy White though if he's fit for it. His experience could come in handy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 02:24:59 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 03:50:25 PM »

Think we'll lose to a buoyant Halifax but get something at Racecourse.

A result Friday would give us a great platform to got to Wrexham and showcase ourselves
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:31:25 PM »

Would take a point after our bizarrely long lay off, but reckon we might lose by the odd goal in three. Hope it’s another large gate to take us towards the target of +2000 home average this season, should think Halifax would bring ooh about 5-600 to help us towards that target.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:28:40 PM »

Would take a point after our bizarrely long lay off, but reckon we might lose by the odd goal in three. Hope it’s another large gate to take us towards the target of +2000 home average this season, should think Halifax would bring ooh about 5-600 to help us towards that target.

According to my amateur calculations, we need to average 1762 over the last four home games to ensure we have a season average of over 2000.
I don't think I ever thought we'd achieve that but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I think the Barnet and Wealdstone games will be well below that but perhaps the Halifax game and the final one against Yeovil could pull us up to it. 🤞
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:38:15 PM »

One all draw.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 07:56:26 PM »

Saughall your calculations are slightly out - we need to average only 1400 or so for the last four games to get to the 2000 milestone for this season.  Nearly there

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 08:51:43 PM »

Thanks for that Bill. We should make it for sure in that case. Especially as I would expect a bumper turn out against Yeovil to say thanks to the team and club for another great season.

PS. Incidently, question for those archivists on here, when was the last time we averaged over 2000?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 08:56:14 PM by Saughall Robin »

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 10:32:53 PM »

The opening season of the Northern Premier League in 1968-9 when we averaged 2250 roughly.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 08:12:13 AM »

Currently 11th in the average attendance table which puts us in the top half (just) - I never thought I'd see the day at this level.

We can clearly sustain a competitive challenge in the Conference these days which is hugely exciting.

Attendance-wise there's six absolute powerhouses in our league (Wrexham, Notts, Stockport, Chesterfield, Southend, Grimsby) and we're likely to lose two of those.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 08:13:05 AM »

A draw would be a good result. That's the side I'd play too.
A last gasp winner for us would be even better! 😉

I'd be tempted to go with Andy White though if he's fit for it. His experience could come in handy.

I think we need to take a good look at Eddy Jones given that there's every chance he might be let go by his parent club.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 10:25:06 AM »

Nice to have selection problems like this ie being spoiled for choice!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »

Currently 11th in the average attendance table which puts us in the top half (just) - I never thought I'd see the day at this level.

We can clearly sustain a competitive challenge in the Conference these days which is hugely exciting.

Attendance-wise there's six absolute powerhouses in our league (Wrexham, Notts, Stockport, Chesterfield, Southend, Grimsby) and we're likely to lose two of those.

Once Stockport, and Wrexham eventually, go up I would feel were capable of competing with Boreham Wood, Halifax, and the clubs not on a feel good run (County, Chesterfield) over the next few years
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 09:55:03 PM »

5-600. No need for any pop side barricades then. Plenty of room in the chequers. I’ll be miffed if that isn’t the case.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread