PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wrexham  (Read 8079 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 05:08:24 PM »

Yes, I remember the debate about whether Kosylo or Hancock should start at number 10. That's been answered emphatically. Asking Hanks to play as a stand-in 9 hasn't met with much success and, sadly, you could be right about him.
As for White, I assumed he was being rested for the winnable games coming up and would certainly make him first choice if available.
Connor Hampson seems to have faded from contention completely and I sadly expect him to be one of those on their way at the end of the season.

I s
I was going to start a separate thread on absentees...

What's the current prognosis on Connor and also Brad Jackson - I assumed they were both still on the treatment table?

Also, I know it's always tempting to ring the wholesale changes following a respunding defeat, and I'd get it completely if we stick to our guns - however I think Jake Cooper has looked decent for us and it might be good to see him alongside Kyle Ferguson - with Toby rested (he's played a lot of games) or possibly even moved to right back with Harry Perritt moved into the base of the midfield again.

I had a chat with Brad on Friday and he says his injury feels ok but the scan showed it is still not right so I expect
 it’s a time job on him and he will have to be patient.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2022, 05:06:48 PM »

Brad Jackson is not up to top half Conference football, so like many others I'd chalk him off a bit like Craig Mahon in replacement of JJ and get after a decent fullback
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2022, 05:59:03 PM »

Brad Jackson is not up to top half Conference football, so like many others I'd chalk him off a bit like Craig Mahon in replacement of JJ and get after a decent fullback

We signed him as a winger.....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2022, 12:41:11 AM »

I think Brad would be a useful addition to the first team squad as long as he can stay injury free.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2022, 08:14:08 AM »

I like Brad Jackson - he's an old school winger, built well and with pace to burn, offers something different to our current starters - Chester considered him one of their star players when they pushing up into the higher reaches of the National League North.

But we're going to have to make a call on whether we can keep him fit sufficiently enough to justify keeping him on the books.

Same with Connor, sadly. The backroom team will have a good gauge on whether their injuries are pure misfortune or potentially something longer term.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2022, 11:52:25 AM »

Meeting with many Wrexham fans this week at work I expected some stick, however they were nothing but complementary about our following and the backing we gave our team.

Nice to hear.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham