PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wrexham  (Read 7911 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 06:13:04 PM »

I don't know how bad Jordan Hulme's injury is, but it's worth noting that Kole Hall scored, hit the post, and won MOM for Nantwich this afternoon. Do we have a recall option ?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 06:28:12 PM »

Outclassed in the first half - they absolutely blew us away with the 3rd and 4th goals in particular being clinical as you like - although we didn't help ourselves by giving the ball away in ridiculous positions.

On a positive note, we played with a bit more zip once Ben Pringle came on - although they'd probably declared long before that point anyway.

90 minutes of crap from their fans behind the goal and you could hear a pin drop when news came through of Stockport's late winner - that was brilliant  ;D

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 07:16:20 PM »

Never really believed we'd get something there. The only thing we have to do now is keep the faith and keep together for the remaining games which are winnable.
As long as this doesn't knock the stuffing out of the lads (and I don't believe it will) we've still got an excellent chance of finishing in the top half.
agreed. 10K plus crowd today.  Stockport and Wrexham are operating at a different level.

It's a bit like the gap between the two big Glasgow clubs and the rest of the clubs. My respect for county has grown over their non league years. I want them to go up because they deserve it and because it will level the league  up a tad. Scunny and probably Oldham are miles off the positions county and Wrexham are in off the pitch.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 07:49:20 PM »

I think both clubs are bigger than their current situations and have both 'done their time' in non-league.
As you say, if they both go up it will level the league a little.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 08:26:15 PM »

Well, that was a hard watch. I honestly thought with our recent good run & the benefit of a settled team (unlike when we played them at Xmas) that we’d give them a good match but some flaky defending was ruthlessly punished by their League 1 standard strike force & we had our pants comprehensively pulled down in the first half. The positives that we kept our shape, discipline & worked hard in the second half to restrict it to 4 but they had the cigars out by that point. Have to say that for me unfortunately there was a big drop off in our hold up play when Hancock came on & that for me he’s been a legend but he is increasingly a bit-part player for us at this level now.

From what I have seen of the sides around the top, County & Wrexham are absolutely miles ahead of the rest. That yard quicker, stronger, fitter, ruthless in the box. Just a real shame two of our biggest away followings of the season have seen us get demolished at Edgeley Park & the Racecourse. Still that’s what millions of pounds does for you. I could see both going straight through to League 1 before long too.

Wrexham off the pitch needs some attention though. The ground visually looks very dilapidated from the outside & one small snack kiosk for 400 away fans in a ground that big isn’t great. The tedious yoof in the corner nearest the away end with their cliched repotoire about ‘Alty get battered’ etc need a new songbook too.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 09:16:33 PM »

Beaten today by a good team, who in fairness have a massive budget be it in this league or the two leagues above us.

I thought Kyle Ferguson was superb today and really hope that Phil can manage to get him to sign a contract (I expect his Dad will have an input into whether or not that happens).. once we lost Jordon then we were always going to struggle to keep possession. Hanks has been a great player for us but I do believe that he struggles at this level. TT is a great shot stopper but how long can we accept that his distribution is really poor and it does put the team on the back foot.. Kossy yet again ran his heart out, as did Marriott.. I prefer White to Jones at left back.

I too thought the Racecourse ground was very tired looking, the snack bar was a joke and the toilets were disgusting.

Whatever course Alty takes in the future re ground development please keep the option to stand up and watch the game.

Wealdstone up next, let’s put this one into the history book and look forward to next Saturday and getting  back to winning ways

It would be nice if we could get Connor Kirby to attend next Saturday as it was at Wealdstone where he got injured and the Wealdstone club very kindly raised a great amount of money to help the lad.

PS. So glad to see Stockport score a late winner. The silence in the Home terraces was deafening.

Onwards & Upwards.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 09:34:44 PM »

I guess the issue with Wrexham's ground is that the University own it, so as tenant's Wrexham will do very little. Th Kop end has planning permission applied for but this will go through the Uni first.

My daughter bought four tickets for the game from Alty which we printed off, the Wrexham stewards seamed clueless when we pointed out that the tickets were without seat number ?? only the good natured Alty following enabled us to find a seat.

PS The steward wasn't the "tool" who through the ball away  :P

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 09:44:41 PM »

My daughter bought four tickets for the game from Alty which we printed off, the Wrexham stewards seamed clueless when we pointed out that the tickets were without seat number ?? only the good natured Alty following enabled us to find a seat.

Surprised you were allowed in with self-printed tickets. At Wrexham’s insistence everyone was supposed to have paper tickets which were to be collected from the club. I guess that the fact we allowed them to be paid for online confused matters.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 09:51:53 PM »

Thanks for the info, we just handed the tickets in at the turnstile (should we have collected tickets from Alty or the Wrexham ticket office maybe?).

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 01:05:07 AM »

As has been said elsewhere, both Stockport and Wrexham are streaks ahead in this league and their promotion will be deserved, if/when if happens.  Tend to disagree with the comments re. stadium; it generated a decent atmosphere and I bet the Wrexham players love playing there.  Need to put this behind us now and look to Saturday when I win is a realistic possibility.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »

As has been said elsewhere, both Stockport and Wrexham are streaks ahead in this league and their promotion will be deserved, if/when if happens.  Tend to disagree with the comments re. stadium; it generated a decent atmosphere and I bet the Wrexham players love playing there.  Need to put this behind us now and look to Saturday when I win is a realistic possibility.

I kinda get what people are saying; it needs a bit of a facelift in parts but the infrastructure (and pitch side experience) are decent enough.

I'm definitely in agreement about player performances, too - as much as I'd love some of these young lads to stick with us and become our next assets like Joel was, Eddy Jones very much looked like a boy playing mens football and I agree we looked more solid when Andy White came on. Again, as much as it pains me to say it, Josh has looked out of his depth at times over the past couple of years but maybe I'm being harsh given the opposition he was up against today.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2022, 11:39:16 AM »

Yes, I remember the debate about whether Kosylo or Hancock should start at number 10. That's been answered emphatically. Asking Hanks to play as a stand-in 9 hasn't met with much success and, sadly, you could be right about him.
As for White, I assumed he was being rested for the winnable games coming up and would certainly make him first choice if available.
Connor Hampson seems to have faded from contention completely and I sadly expect him to be one of those on their way at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:41:28 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2022, 11:53:38 AM »

I guess the issue with Wrexham's ground is that the University own it, so as tenant's Wrexham will do very little. Th Kop end has planning permission applied for but this will go through the Uni first.

PS The steward wasn't the "tool" who through the ball away  :P

That Steward who chucked the ball away was a first class nobhead. If brains were mountains he would be “The Death Valley”

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 11:58:47 AM »

Yes, I remember the debate about whether Kosylo or Hancock should start at number 10. That's been answered emphatically. Asking Hanks to play as a stand-in 9 hasn't met with much success and, sadly, you could be right about him.
As for White, I assumed he was being rested for the winnable games coming up and would certainly make him first choice if available.
Connor Hampson seems to have faded from contention completely and I sadly expect him to be one of those on their way at the end of the season.

I wondered if White had been left on the bench due to the closeness of the Halifax game considering he isn’t long back after a lengthy layoff.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 12:29:01 PM »

I was going to start a separate thread on absentees...

What's the current prognosis on Connor and also Brad Jackson - I assumed they were both still on the treatment table?

Also, I know it's always tempting to ring the wholesale changes following a respunding defeat, and I'd get it completely if we stick to our guns - however I think Jake Cooper has looked decent for us and it might be good to see him alongside Kyle Ferguson - with Toby rested (he's played a lot of games) or possibly even moved to right back with Harry Perritt moved into the base of the midfield again.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:17:02 PM by MarpleAlty »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham