PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meanwhile, at the bottom...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Meanwhile, at the bottom...  (Read 4215 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 05, 2022, 10:19:37 PM »

Getting interesting now. KL 1-0 win over Bromley leaves them just three behind Aldershot.
If Aldershot lose on Saturday vs borehamwood (highly likely) and Lynn can beat managerless Yeovil, it could take KL out of the drop zone.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile, at the bottom...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 10:27:48 PM »

And further down the pyramid Guiseley lost to Farsley Celtic tonight and are bottom. Decent club Guiseley and I hope they manage to avoid relegation.

(KL staying up would be good for me).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 10:29:39 PM »

And further down the pyramid Guiseley lost to Farsley Celtic tonight and are bottom. Decent club Guiseley and I hope they manage to avoid relegation.

I think Johnston is playing for them now.

PS. Guiseley look like they've had it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 10:37:02 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 11:02:24 PM »

He played for them tonight, as did Kennedy Digie for Farsley; the latter seems to be having a really successful loan spell there, which I imagine will become a  permanent move.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »

He played for them tonight, as did Kennedy Digie for Farsley; the latter seems to be having a really successful loan spell there, which I imagine will become a  permanent move.

Fair play to Kennedy Digie; if he's found a home there then he should definitely give it a permanent shot (and prove me wrong in time).

I hadn't noticed Brackley and Gateshead played at the weekend - with a Brackley victory taking them level with Gateshead (albeit with an inferior goal difference).

Looks like they had a chance to move ahead with their game in hand last night, but were held to a draw. Getting interesting...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 08:28:55 AM by MarpleAlty »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 10:08:41 AM »

For me Gateshead will still win the league given they have only lost 3 times, could be a mid table conf team and serious competition next year, hoping for a flash in the pan to join them in the playoffs to make life easier next year
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 10:26:23 AM »

Keep an eye on Kettering

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 10:29:59 AM »

For me Gateshead will still win the league given they have only lost 3 times, could be a mid table conf team and serious competition next year, hoping for a flash in the pan to join them in the playoffs to make life easier next year

It's Brackley who've only lost three games this season. Gateshead have lost six.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »

It's Brackley who've only lost three games this season. Gateshead have lost six.

Are Brackley still reasonably well bankrolled?

Looks like York's form has tailed off the moment they reached the playoffs.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »

Think someone said recently that the Brackley chairman was loaded. He'd have to be to sustain them on the gates they get.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2022, 12:23:14 PM »

Sorry - stupid glasses!  Ok Brackley to win it then

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 04:09:19 PM »

Think someone said recently that the Brackley chairman was loaded. He'd have to be to sustain them on the gates they get.

He'd have to put a fair whack in to prepare the ground for the National League should they gain promotion. No way that ground is fit for purpose at this level.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2022, 04:53:52 PM »

They'd be given time to sort it out wouldn't they?
Anyway, I don't think it's any worse than Accrington or Farsley or North ferriby were when they went up.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2022, 05:04:36 PM »

They'd be given time to sort it out wouldn't they?
Anyway, I don't think it's any worse than Accrington or Farsley or North ferriby were when they went up.
They should already have completed the assessment by now so i'm guessing its fine

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2022, 07:35:05 PM »

For years we had to put with a bunch of Amos Brierleys giving it the big one in that corner where we had a file out after another defeat / last minute equaliser, so no sympathy in this corner of Yorkshire for the Leeds/Bradford baggage handlers. Should never have got rid of Bower and Boshell when in the National Division should they?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team