PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What was everyone's worse ever defeat?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What was everyone's worse ever defeat?  (Read 6508 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: What was everyone's worse ever defeat?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2022, 01:01:19 PM »

I forgot to mention that shocking ass whooping by fylde 0-6 was the only game i have ever walked out at half time and didnt return till the next season.....

Usually if you walk out you'll miss a goal. In your case it was the sixth. I survived a few more games before I too quit for the duration.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2022, 01:53:44 PM »

In terms of what we missed out on the Colchester late show was a triple sickener - probable televised replay , televised next round home to Charlton then a third crack at Spurs , only this time at the mecca.  We'd have had the fanzone 5 years ago .
Couldha , Wouldha , Shouldha .

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2022, 07:10:17 PM »

For sheer anti-climax, the 5-0 defeat at Kidderminster in the FA Trophy Quarter Final in 1995 takes some beating.

Yes, that’s a good shout. Utterly woeful that day and outclassed by a superior Kiddy team.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2022, 08:45:09 PM »

Boston away in that FA Trophy semi final. Jeff Johnson scores a screamer to equalise late on only for Trevor Dance to shovel a corner into the net a minute later.
Followed by a nightmare journey home on the train.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2022, 12:01:44 AM »

So many over the years but to narrow it down to my ‘top’ 3.

1. Alty 0-2 Northwich Vics in April ‘91. This was the fag end of the legendary 90/91 season and the game that confirmed our title dreams were over-and against them lot of all people. The 9 year old me distinctly recalls a Northwich fan shouting on his way out ‘No more Stockports, no more Burys, that’s you done Altrincham’. I like to think 30 years later we’ve had the last laugh with the approx 500 clubs in Northwich playing many levels below us.
2. Alty 0-0 Kiddy last game of 99-00. Ok whilst it wasn’t a defeat but the draw that got us relegated with the large Kiddy support ballooning about having won the title and promotion to the EFL already. Hearing those lot chant ‘We’ll never play you again’ as we sunk to an eminently avoidable relegation was really depressing.
3. Portsmouth 2-1 Alty in the FA Cup in 2019. Not the performance which was great, likewise the day out but for sheer crushing disappointment when a money spinning live TV replay was in our grasp this is the worst defeat of the PP era I’ve been to. It wasn’t until the Mon night and at the pub for the London Alty Christmas curry that we found out Pompey had drawn Fleetwood away that we all felt much better.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What was everyone's worse ever defeat?