PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pop Side Away End
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pop Side Away End  (Read 6465 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pop Side Away End
« on: March 23, 2022, 11:03:01 AM »

Really frustrating to have to watch us defend again last night. It killed any home fan atmospherefirst half.

For the first 25 minutes, there was a maximum of 25 Chesterfield fans who stood in the final 1/3rd of the pop side, 2nd half they filled it whilst having plenty of space on the away end.

There is absolutely no need for that space to be given up and my matchday experience shouldn't be hampered for the comfort of away fans.

I would understand if it was required by our stewards to create segregation, but last night we gave up nearly half the pitch perimeter to a crowd of 800.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 11:12:42 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pop Side Away End
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 11:34:44 AM »

Really frustrating to have to watch us defend again last night. It killed any home fan atmospherefirst half.

For the first 25 minutes, there was a maximum of 25 Chesterfield fans who stood in the final 1/3rd of the pop side, 2nd half they filled it whilst having plenty of space on the away end.

There is absolutely no need for that space to be given up and my matchday experience shouldn't be hampered for the comfort of away fans.

I would understand if it was required by our stewards to create segregation, but last night we gave up nearly half the pitch perimeter to a crowd of 800.
100% agree with this.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 11:47:21 AM »

Agree with this. No need to give up that much space at all

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 12:02:48 PM »

Except that they didn't know how many would turn up and pay on the gate.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 12:19:10 PM »

Except that they didn't know how many would turn up and pay on the gate.
They new that the Golf Rd holds is it 1,600, so never an issue.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »

I thought they'd sold 6-700 tickets. Surely the away end capacity is getting on for double that? Lots of room for pay on the dayers?
I can see why if it's pouring down but not otherwise.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 12:37:19 PM »

I think it was a difficult one for the club as they assumed Chesterfield would bring more then they did hence them getting the same level of allocation & space as Stockport did. Once it became clear on the day they’d ‘only’ sold 650 in advance (and that presumably included the 180 in the family stand too) then I think it was pretty clear that even with a couple of hundred POTG walk ups that they weren’t going to need the Pop Side overspill & they should have been kept to the Chequers End terrace.
I’m sure lessons will be learned & they need to be quickly as Aldershots fans are absolutely fuming with their club at the moment & basically on a 2 day bender round Manchester & Alty this weekend so the stewarding operation at that end of the ground needs to be switched on from the off.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 12:57:58 PM »

The away end should be online only so you can see how many are coming. If an away fan decides they want to come on the night late on they buy online even if they do it outside the ground. If it’s a case of “Let’s not upset someone with no access to a smart phone either of their own or another supporter then so be it”. They won’t be back again until next season. Not a good idea to rankle the week in week out home support some of whom travel the length and breadth of the country so Joe Chesterfield can watch his team being beaten because he turned up on a whim.
If you go away with Alty where there is no provision for cash sales you sort it out beforehand. Aldershot are talking 800 for Saturday. Have we sold 800 or is it 250 online sales and 550 may materialise on the day?
When I turn up on Saturday is there any particular part of the HOME end I shouldn’t stand just in case Fred Aldershot can’t decide if he’s coming or not. Strewth!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:00:55 PM by rorysgrandad »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 01:03:41 PM »

I thought they'd sold 6-700 tickets. Surely the away end capacity is getting on for double that? Lots of room for pay on the dayers?
if it’s raining tough. I’ve got wet in away ends and it turns out it’s only rain water 💦

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 01:55:03 PM »

The past two weeks I've seen clubs post SOLD OUT away allocations on Facebook groups; those clubs know the value of home advantage.

We've a lot to do in the club to win the 1% if we are to achieve the dream of competing for EFL.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 01:56:29 PM »

if it’s raining tough. I’ve got wet in away ends and it turns out it’s only rain water 💦

You're hard but fair, RG, hard but fair. 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 02:17:58 PM »

You're hard but fair, RG, hard but fair. 😂😂
Good for the complexion so my wife says (when she’s not rolling her eyes at me) 😆

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 02:25:22 PM »

Agree.

Equally as frustrating to see them take over the cordoned-off back section of the terrace, which has been left respectfully vacant by Altrincham fans, only to have absolutely nothing said to them by the stewards.

And why was Rocky Robin antagonising them at half-time? Bizarre.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »

............And why was Rocky Robin antagonising them at half-time?
It was either them or Mad Vlad Putin

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 04:08:24 PM »

We do it time after time after time . Crazy . We never listen it seems to the fans
Come on you red and white........
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pop Side Away End