PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pop Side Away End
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pop Side Away End  (Read 6473 times)

Alty Nigel

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pop Side Away End
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 04:44:56 PM »

Planning for this game envisaged high numbers of Chesterfield fans. 1400 tickets were sent to them.
Yesterday we knew just over 700 tickets had been sold.
Part of the Pop side was set aside as an overspill area as we didn’t know how many Chesterfield fans would pay on the gate.
Shortly before kick off with the away end filling up, large numbers of fans on the perimeter fence by the snack bar and away fans still queuing to get in, the decision was taken to release the Pop side contingency area.
I don’t have Cctv or electronic turnstile counting to tell me how the stands are filling up.
At half time, I left the control room and supervised the stewards evicting Chesterfield fans from the cordoned off part of the stand.
A large chunk of my time in the second half was taken up with the welfare of a paralytic juvenile away fan. This turned into a saga of third parties not willing to take responsibility for the unaccompanied, drunk fan.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 05:24:16 PM »

Nigel, why are we giving them 1400 tickets if that is greater than the combined away end, and family stand?

Might be a bit squished but if the capacity of the away is tight, make them find room.

We shouldn't have to watch the game from Golf Road at the expense of accommodating travelling support, or the comfort of support.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 05:44:01 PM »

You repeatedly make a big thing of this but you wouldn't be able to move from one stand to another if we got promoted.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2022, 05:47:41 PM »

All the more reason to make the most of the opportunity for the next (insert number based on personal optimism levels) years!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 05:47:58 PM »

You repeatedly make a big thing of this but you wouldn't be able to move from one stand to another if we got promoted.

We'll be able to teleport ourselves from stand to stand by the time we get in the league.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 06:16:55 PM »

100% right behind Hashtag on this one.

For us Popsiders we also had to listen to their chants and singing as well  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 06:40:56 PM »

I also can't have a pint when I could at the level below, if we get there, I'll adjust.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »

We haven't been promoted

If I was at Old Trafford I could also be 150ft away from the touchline...….so shall I watch from the allotment.. 8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:07:02 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Nigel

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 07:38:39 PM »

Jack, ask Bill why we offered Chesterfield 1400 tickets.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2022, 08:02:03 PM »

Jack, ask Bill why we offered Chesterfield 1400 tickets.

Gladly, in the mean time, as safety officer, can you confirm the capacity of the Chequers end and the family stand?

Does this exceed 1400?

I note the family stand is 190 and Hale end is 1,434 according to the last updated website guide. 1624.

Even losing 15% due to Trafford, 1400 would fit on there using fag packet maths.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:40:46 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Alty Nigel

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2022, 09:33:41 PM »

Jack, I’m sure you have the right figures.
The true capacity of the Chequers end is c800-1000 depending how friendly the fans are feeling.
The calculated, theoretical capacity is wildly  optimistic.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2022, 10:05:12 PM »

We haven't been promoted

If I was at Old Trafford I could also be 150ft away from the touchline...….so shall I watch from the allotment.. 8)

You could put in a couple of rows of carrots at half time 🤣

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2022, 07:12:32 AM »

To Hashtag Alty. Talking about beer, if taking alcohol is banned from taking outside then why do we have to have plastic glasses in the clubhouse? SBL

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »

To Hashtag Alty. Talking about beer, if taking alcohol is banned from taking outside then why do we have to have plastic glasses in the clubhouse? SBL
I imagine to stop people taking bottles in pockets onto the terraces or people attacking each other with the bottles in the watmore lounge . On this note have we sold all our tables and chairs from the lounge there was literally no where to sit on Tuesday ?? 👀😆... Or is this to stop us throwing chairs at each other as well or sneaking them out onto the terraces in our pockets ?? 😆😆
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 07:45:50 AM by alty.fc »
Come on you red and white........

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2022, 08:03:56 AM »

I imagine to stop people taking bottles in pockets onto the terraces or people attacking each other with the bottles in the watmore lounge . On this note have we sold all our tables and chairs from the lounge there was literally no where to sit on Tuesday ?? 👀😆... Or is this to stop us throwing chairs at each other as well or sneaking them out onto the terraces in our pockets ?? 😆😆
Can anyone advise the best time to go in CSH on Saturday when I can get a seat whilst avoiding and flying bottles, chairs and any other objects people can get their hands on? What time is the mass brawl? Serious question.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pop Side Away End