PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Chesterfield Match Thread..  (Read 8595 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield Match Thread..
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2022, 10:21:46 PM »

I thought Kyle Ferguson was exceptional tonight. Didn't let himself get bullied, in fact I would argue he bullied their big lads

Kyle Ferguson was brilliant, and a special mention again to Matty Kosylo who has made himself undroppable recently.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2022, 10:43:29 PM »

I'd rip your arm off for a draw vs Chesterfield then a win on Saturday! 🙏🤞
In that case I’m glad we won.🤪

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 10:46:04 PM »

I'd rip your arm off for a draw vs Chesterfield then a win on Saturday! 🙏🤞
In that case I’m glad we won.🤪
I'll rip it off anyway if you want RG! 😂😂
What a fantastic result!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2022, 10:46:19 PM »

Fantastic effort by the squad tonight-hard work, discipline, shape-it was like watching a Graham Heathcote master class from the 2005-2010 Conference National era. Our winner was lucky of course but big spending Chesterfield still had the entire second half to get back at us & we held them off comfortably. Big mention to Kyle Ferguson who I think made his full debut tonight & was top drawer at CB alongside Toby M. Now onto Saturday & an Aldershot team who look a real mess, let’s keep the run going.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2022, 10:47:36 PM »

Hell of a result. They really earned it. Soaked up so much pressure. Tony was awesome. Must see the goal again. It looked like the biggest bobble ever.
Aimed for a divot with expert eye. Superb skill.😀😀😀

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2022, 10:56:25 PM »

I thought Kyle Ferguson was exceptional tonight. Didn't let himself get bullied, in fact I would argue he bullied their big lads

I agree. He looked very good. Young Kohl Hall looks very interesting. I watched him in the warm-up and he looks like an instinctive finisher. During his short cameo he didn't look out of place at all.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2022, 12:06:31 AM »

A fantastic result against one of the High Flyers in this league. The back 4 were immense, a  special mention for Toby Mullarkey and Kyle Ferguson who we’re both very impressive. Kossy was deservedly made MoM. Happy for him especially as the game was in support of the Ukraine, Matty always runs his heart out for the team and has now established himself as a regular in the first team.

Marriott and Osbourne in the middle are good together. Colclough and Mooney do their thing.

We again played at a great tempo and we’re in their faces from the off.

When we play like we did tonight we are a match for anybody in this league.

There are now a lot of players in the squad who I would be very happy to see being retained for next season.

Superb effort Lads.

Onwards & Upwards

PS A fantastic turnout by the Chesterfield fans on a Tuesday night. I love seeing that away end rammed.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:53:47 AM by distancetraveller »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2022, 01:53:23 AM »

A very disciplined performance and a most enjoyable outcome.

Kosylo was superb and he deserved that stroke of good luck for his goal after the misfortune of seeing that fine shot at Southend last Saturday strike both posts and stay out. It reared up off the pitch like a Michael Holding bouncer in 1976 (our new surface definitely paying huge dividends there)!

Marriott also caught the eye with another tenacious and combative display in central midfield. Hats off to the back four, too, including a special mention for that superb clearance by Andy White in the 89th minute.

Chesterfield look to be operating at several echelons below both Stockport and Wrexham. I thought that they were workmanlike and lacked both flair and flamboyance in attack. Quigley was about as mobile as a grand piano with Les Dawson sitting on top of it and Asante was truly wasted on the left flank. Marvellous to watch us Ukraine on their parade.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2022, 07:29:09 AM »

a clean sheet win against the team in 2nd place a fantastic result,which lifted my spirits after my gall bladder removal last week.Another win on Saturday will really do us good.
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2022, 08:10:02 AM »

One of the biggest things I was worried about was how we'd cope beyond Tom Hannigan and Jake Moult - and thankfully I can start to actually see it now.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2022, 09:14:15 AM »

I echo all that's said above by everyone, great team spirit tonight and 100% effort from all. Matty's energy was boundless, deserved that bit of luck with a good shot bounced higher than the keeper expected (whom dived to early) and couldn't adjust. Deserved that as a team after his shot hit both posts and came out on Saturday. Thought Ferguson slotted in well with Toby. White was blowing most of second half but didn't stop him as he gets match fit. Should have had a penalty 2nd half as Ryan was dragged down. They were very direct, theatrical, physical etc, but kept at it to prevent them scoring for the first time since Sept. Still smiling this morning.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:57 AM »

Will say it time and time again. Just shoot. You're unlikely to score if you don't.

Thought Fergison was class, Thompson grew in the game after a shaky first half.

So Phil, can we compete with teams or not 😜. Roll. On Saturday.
It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2022, 09:37:22 AM »

I would hope we are offering contracts now for next season given that the 2 years are running out for a lot of players. Ferguson was amazing last night. If we have the money I’d like to see us buy Perritt and Cooper too. With that starting 11 last night (Hulme in for Hanks) and a few shrewd summer signings we could finish in the top half next season

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2022, 09:46:35 AM »

I noticed Jordan was working with Radio Robins. Did he give any indication what his problem is?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2022, 09:55:41 AM »

Really good second half performance. Really stepped our tempo up.

Everyone put in a graft but special mentions to Ferguson - solid against good forwards and gives us some needed height, Marriott - he is becoming one of the first names on team sheet and Kosylo, who was immense and was everywhere. The No.10 is position is currently his to keep.

Liked the look of Hall when he came on. Played like a Paulo Wanchope.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield Match Thread..