News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New date for Bromley

Author Topic: New date for Bromley  (Read 3204 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New date for Bromley
« on: March 16, 2022, 04:22:10 PM »

Am I correct in thinking that the Bromley match being postponed due to their FA trophy campaign means that, after the Aldershot match, we're without a game until Good Friday - almost three weeks.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: New date for Bromley
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 07:17:19 PM »

Am I correct in thinking that the Bromley match being postponed due to their FA trophy campaign means that, after the Aldershot match, we're without a game until Good Friday - almost three weeks.

That's correct, although there is Dens's testimonial in the interim.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 07:21:55 PM »

That's correct, although there is Dens's testimonial in the interim.

At least everyone should be fit for that one then! 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 07:45:00 PM »

Bizarrely big gap between Shots & Fax games then-3 weeks off then 8 games in a month to complete our season-both Bromley’s progress in the Trophy & the demise of the previous Macclesfield footballing franchise leaving the league with 23 teams to blame. Presume we’ll want at least 1 friendly in that time (maybe West Didsbury as we’ve talked about them a bit on here recently) & we can also use the time to plan for next season & target players now we know we’ll definitely be a Conference National club again. On that point with Stockport going up & Brackley & Gateshead vying for the North title looks like (pending play offs & L2 relegation) we could be the only club in the North West in our league next season which is barmy really.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »

What about Oldham? (and Wrexham? Nearer than Alty by far for us! ) 😏

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 08:03:32 PM »

I still think Oldham might (just) get away with it & we might get the utter delights of Stevenage back at their natural level or perhaps even Orient. Wrexham whilst in our geographic wheelhouse being Welsh I treat as a separate entity.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 08:12:21 PM »

Hope Oldham stay up personally.
On the up side the fewer local sides in our division the better. It'll reduce the competition for players won't it?
As you suggest, a trip to Wrexham is like entering not just another country but another world 😂

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 08:39:41 PM »

Assume most agree that scunny are down.

Oldham are in a mess, I think they're coming down.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 10:44:41 PM »

I'm hoping Oldham come down, just to punish the owners. No problem with the fans at all

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 08:04:52 AM »

On the up side the fewer local sides in our division the better. It'll reduce the competition for players won't it?
As you suggest, a trip to Wrexham is like entering not just another country but another world 😂

Hope Oldham come down, long travel is part and parcel of this level, but it'd be nice not have £80 trains every other week.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2022, 08:35:13 AM »

I do like Boundary Park, and it's obviously not too bad a jaunt for me from my part of the world - would be great to watch Alty there. If we lose Stockport, as is increasingly looking likely, it would be great to be paired up with them over the festive period instead.

With regard to the break in fixtures, I'd probably just bring them in for extra training for now. Still incredibly annoying that we can't bring any midweek fixtures forward as there isn't any left.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 10:17:32 AM »

Hope Oldham come down, long travel is part and parcel of this level, but it'd be nice not have £80 trains every other week.

100% mate-a Metrolink away day would be dreamy. One of those North Manchester EFL teams is well overdue a stint in the Conference. There was about 2 seasons in the early 90s when Alty, Macc, Vics, Runcorn, Witton & Stalybridge were all Conference sides IIRC. Oh for those days again…
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New date for Bromley