PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Day Playlist
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Match Day Playlist  (Read 10301 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match Day Playlist
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:12 PM »

Love this thread . We must be playing well again and need something new to moan about 😆😆

What about the stoppers?
can we have stoppers in the eagerly awaited fan zone ?
ParkINson's red and white army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2022, 03:13:30 PM »

God, there's some miserable buggers on here.

Not at all. However, when I go to a football match it's about football first and foremost. I used to enjoy the half-time penalty competitions, the crossbar challenge, the kids games we sometimes saw. Music is a LONG way down the desirability list, and certainly when it's cranked up so loud that conversation is difficult. The three showcased musical offerings on Saturday ? The first one wasn't all that bad, the last one would have been better if the singer interpreted the song better - but the one in the middle was utter sh*te, and if I heard it ever again it would be too soon.

Meanwhile, I might contact the Manchester Arena and ask if they fancy staging sport related entertainment in the gap between the support act and the headliners. Then again, maybe not - I can guess the answer.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2022, 04:16:21 PM »

Not at all. However, when I go to a football match it's about football first and foremost. I used to enjoy the half-time penalty competitions, the crossbar challenge, the kids games we sometimes saw. Music is a LONG way down the desirability list, and certainly when it's cranked up so loud that conversation is difficult. The three showcased musical offerings on Saturday ? The first one wasn't all that bad, the last one would have been better if the singer interpreted the song better - but the one in the middle was utter sh*te, and if I heard it ever again it would be too soon.

Meanwhile, I might contact the Manchester Arena and ask if they fancy staging sport related entertainment in the gap between the support act and the headliners. Then again, maybe not - I can guess the answer.

If you enjoy watching kids kick a ball about at half time rather than listen to some bands that's definitely something a bit fishy
It's all my fault.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2022, 04:53:16 PM »

If you enjoy watching kids kick a ball about at half time rather than listen to some bands that's definitely something a bit fishy

Explain please.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2022, 04:56:32 PM »

Not really bothered whether or not music is played over the PA at HT, and I think it was OTT on Saturday.  I'd be dead against the introduction of other non-football entertainment though, particularly at HT.  If punters need something other than the football to get them to come along, then its likely that football is simply not for them.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2022, 05:00:55 PM »

Think you're tiptoeing over the line there.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2022, 05:10:03 PM »

Can we all just agree that we should never, under any circumstances, start playing music when a goal is scored.  Of all the ills in the modern game that is one of the worst!!

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »

Think you're tiptoeing over the line there.

Yeah. Time to sink this thread.

I love thrash metal, but would never expect to be played at ML. We all have different tastes in music.

And to watch kids on the pitch at HT having fun in front of the crowd is better than any Megadeth gig (but only just)...cos we are a family club and this is the next generation which is important. And my son played football (kinda badly) at Hale United, but one of my pleasures in life was watching him try with his mates to achieve something great.

Anyway that's my opinion. Others may differ :)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2022, 06:31:23 PM »

Can we all just agree that we should never, under any circumstances, start playing music when a goal is scored.  Of all the ills in the modern game that is one of the worst!!

Yes yes and yes.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2022, 07:25:14 PM »

Yes yes and yes.

Unless its Tournado of Souls by Megadeth, in which case its Game On :)))

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:58 PM »

WTF......how disrespectful to one of our loyal fans.....as orhers have said best kill this thread and just turn the volume down so we can discus what we have just watched
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2022, 10:43:48 PM »

Yes yes and yes.
How do you stand on drums?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2022, 10:51:38 PM »

Yes yes and yes.
very carefully I imagine as the skin may split
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2022, 08:30:20 AM »

Yes yes and yes.

Ear drums?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2022, 05:17:16 PM »

Playing music after goals is bad sportsmanship, our club would never sink that low.

Especially Tom Hark by the Piranhas.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Day Playlist