PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Day Playlist
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Match Day Playlist  (Read 10945 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Match Day Playlist
« on: March 13, 2022, 08:09:36 AM »

There may be some people who can see merit in the "music" we were subjected to at half time yesterday, but Nom de Plume and I drew the conclusion that, if it was a showcase for local talent, then that commodity is in very short supply.

It might have been less appalling had it not been deemed necessary to "pump up the volume" to a level that made conversation difficult, and which more or less constituted noise pollution.

If Trafford Council showed their ugly faces unexpectedly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see further sanctions against the club on that basis.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match Day Playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 08:35:44 AM »

It did seem louder than usual at ht, but the music was ok. I hadn't heard it before, I'd give it another go.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 12:24:53 PM »

Tell.someone your old and dull without telling someone you're dull and old.

I love the playlists.
It's all my fault.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 01:54:56 PM »

Being the member of a local musical outfit and long standing Alty fan, I was wondering who it might be I need to contact to investigate the possibility of some half time airplay? Any idea who I speak to?

I don’t imagine this will be an improvement on yesterday however…

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »

There may be some people who can see merit in the "music" we were subjected to at half time yesterday, but Nom de Plume and I drew the conclusion that, if it was a showcase for local talent, then that commodity is in very short supply.

It might have been less appalling had it not been deemed necessary to "pump up the volume" to a level that made conversation difficult, and which more or less constituted noise pollution.

If Trafford Council showed their ugly faces unexpectedly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see further sanctions against the club on that basis.
With you on this.
Call me old fashioned, but HT music should be about light entertainment for us punters and not somewhere to showcase unsigned bands....there are other places for that

Too loud also
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 02:45:09 PM »

Put that music on in the fan zone when it's up and running and leave us old codgers with the light entertainment?! 📢🏟️😁😁
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »

Put that music on in the fan zone when it's up and running and leave us old codgers with the light entertainment?! 📢🏟️😁😁

Ah yes. The Fan zone. nuff said...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 03:10:37 PM »

With you on this.
Call me old fashioned, but HT music should be about light entertainment for us punters and not somewhere to showcase unsigned bands....there are other places for that

Too loud also

Go im the sports hall if you want a life draining lack of. Atmosphere
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 03:20:39 PM »

Without getting into an interminable argument regarding musical taste, surely the compromise here is just to turn the volume down a bit? It's not Bowlers in 1995.  ;D
Come on Alty!

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 03:31:15 PM »

Nothing wrong with the music but it was to loud. That combined with the school kids who on this occasion could’ve done with their responsible adults/teachers having them under a little more control at times did send me home with a headache. Fortunately, this is the first time I’ve experienced this with any schools attending.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 03:46:26 PM »

Without getting into an interminable argument regarding musical taste, surely the compromise here is just to turn the volume down a bit? It's not Bowlers in 1995.  ;D

To quote Pete, it's not a tea dance.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 05:09:54 PM »

Let me take you back just a few years when you could hardly hear what was being said over the tannoy system.

Nowadays it practically make your ears bleed

I’m sure there is a happy medium somewhere with the volume knob.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2022, 05:15:09 PM »

Nothing wrong with the music but it was to loud. That combined with the school kids who on this occasion could’ve done with their responsible adults/teachers having them under a little more control at times did send me home with a headache. Fortunately, this is the first time I’ve experienced this with any schools attending.

Feral kids making a din seems the norm nowadays, give em a bag of chips and a fizzy drink and watch them go….

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »

It's not The Prodigy live at G-Mex either, though, is it?

It's unlikely to impact upon me any time soon, but if it's loud enough that you can't hear someone who's stood next to you (in this kind of setting) then it's probably too loud.

For what it's worth, I really like the initiative.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 05:33:15 PM »

;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Day Playlist