PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Weymouth - Match Thread  (Read 10030 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2022, 01:05:16 AM »

As you would expect, we were watched tonight by Chesterfield FC......assistant manager Danny Webb was in the ground tonight.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2022, 07:17:52 AM »

As you would expect, we were watched tonight by Chesterfield FC......assistant manager Danny Webb was in the ground tonight.
Did he look worried? 😱

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2022, 07:19:25 AM »

A pound a goal! Excellent value. Expecting 14 on Saturday now.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2022, 07:27:12 AM »

Superb night. The funny thing was Weymouth started much the better & Drench had to make two decent stops in the first 10. Once Kosylo scored an absolute peach though it was one way traffic & their heads visibly dropped after our second. Some wonderful goals tonight-that’s the quality of our finishing now the pressure is off a bit.

That’s definitely us safe from relegation now in my book, even if we didn’t gain another point all season I can’t see Weymouth getting 15 more. Now to build on it with another very winnable home game on Saturday.

PS-that pre-drinks order option for HT worked like a dream, walked in and picked up my pint within 90 seconds. Can recommend to others.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 07:28:59 AM by Sarf London Alty »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »

Very good.  :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2022, 10:00:25 AM »

Very good.  :D

Glad we haven’t gone metric 😉

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2022, 05:32:06 PM »

Great result last night. We edged past King's Lynn, who I described as the worst side I've seen at this level, so to see us put a similarly poor side to the sword shows our growing confidence in recent weeks. It's no surprise to see us improve with a settled XI over a sustained run of games. Credit to Parky and Sorvs, I've been critical of how many players have come and go but I think we're starting to come out the other side of that transition now, and the reap our rewards for some good recruitment.

The goalscorers will rightly get all the credit in a 5-0 win but I think we've got an absolute gem there in Isaac Marriott. I saw something in his debut against Wrexham before his unfortunate injury, and since returning he's become one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Constantly there, puts himself about, can get around the pitch quickly and rarely loses the ball. Exactly what we needed in the middle of the park.

The gap between the top and bottom sides in this league is extraordinary. Some of the time and space they were giving Colclough was absurd, he was actually laughing when receiving the ball at one point last night. In comparison, we've seen how the top sides have pressed us into oblivion and we've just been unable to cope. This season has shown we aren't quite ready to be competing consistently with those types, but I'd say we are far superior to the sh*t in this league, and it's shown in the majority of encounters throughout the season.

Surely we are now safe and our target is to eclipse last season's total. Happy days.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2022, 06:50:25 PM »

The latest signings have been good, totally agree with Andrews assessment of Issac Marriott also Cooper, Jones and Osbourne have settled in well, stability in the the team selection is also something we haven’t been able to have for much of this season. There is gap between the big hitters in this league and the rest, but I believe given time with Parky & Sorvs at the helm we can kick on from hereon in.

As for full time etc I’m not really expecting that to happen anytime soon, the infrastructure of the ground needs a lot of work doing to it and I am of the opinion that the improvements to the terraces/stands etc are more of a priority just now, the main problem with both full time football and ground improvements is heavily dependent on a substantial amount of investment for both things to happen. I’m not sure whether or not that is likely in the immediate future.

Watching Alty is never boring, mostly enjoyable with periods of frustration but when you look at it in the cold light of day, and take into account the number of injuries we have suffered, we ain’t in a bad place.

A Hybrid scenario is probably the best way ahead currently

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2022, 10:05:00 PM »

When will the highlights package be available?
It's usually a day or two isn't it? Really looking forward to seeing this one! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2022, 10:09:18 PM »

Id imagine a lot of our new lad don't have non footballer careers so we could already have a huge chunk twiddling their thunbs
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2022, 05:38:20 AM »

Harold

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2022, 08:00:12 AM »

That first goal. Magnificent.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2022, 09:19:42 AM »

Great to watch the highlights back, some very well worked goals there, and the confidence is coming back. Especially as your playing full time opposition.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2022, 11:42:49 AM »

That first goal. Magnificent.

Personal preference of mine was the last goal. Both a joy to watch in their own way.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2022, 02:33:27 PM »

We've always had a wealth of talent up front. It just shows you what a steady back four can do. Three clean sheets in the last four games is where the real improvement lies.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth - Match Thread