PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can you take hot food into Moss Lane?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Can you take hot food into Moss Lane?  (Read 9566 times)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 05, 2022, 10:47:48 PM »

I might be wrong but I thought I saw stewards turning away some fans who were bringing  in hot food to the ground  at the last home game. Is this a thing?  I hope I was mistaken as it was never an issue

andrewflynn

Re: Can you take hot food into Moss Lane?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 07:13:46 AM »

You haven’t been able to for a while. Usually get told to eat your chippy before entering.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 09:59:04 AM »

Club need as much turnover from food etc as possible, so seems a sensible ban to me. Food is cheap at ML compared to Maidenhead yesterday. £4.50 for a burger etc. That said they had plenty of venues doing snacks and were doing good trade.

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 10:35:55 AM »

There's been signs up at the turnstiles all season saying you can't take food in to the ground.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 01:53:31 PM »

TBH the chips in the clubhouse are Ok but not a patch on the chips over the road! Up until a year or two ago we could bring them in but not now (unless you sneak em in) ha, SBL

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 02:28:55 PM »

TBH the chips in the clubhouse are Ok but not a patch on the chips over the road! Up until a year or two ago we could bring them in but not now (unless you sneak em in) ha, SBL

You can easily smuggle them in. Pop them in your mouth one at a time, bit of a chew and swallow.

Sssshhhhhh. Don't tell the stewards and there you go.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 08:46:33 AM »

Club need as much turnover from food etc as possible, so seems a sensible ban to me. Food is cheap at ML compared to Maidenhead yesterday. £4.50 for a burger etc. That said they had plenty of venues doing snacks and were doing good trade.

Then food strategy needs to improve. We're serving limp, under cooked, in seasoned fries.

Stockport food offering is night and day. Choose better ingredients, people won't feel the need to bring in outside food.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:40:04 AM »

Then food strategy needs to improve. We're serving limp, under cooked, in seasoned fries.

Stockport food offering is night and day. Choose better ingredients, people won't feel the need to bring in outside food.

Don't disagree we should review the food offering, but cost wise is competitive. Thought food I got from Stockport was awful and expensive. Microwave burger for £7.50 with runny cheese that disintegrated into an awful liquid. Maidenheads burger was awful also for £4.50. Kings Lynn was dire as well and a bottle of pop £2.50!! in fact they charged the same for still water! So were in my opinion better than many.

That said once the Fan Zone opens that should give more variety one hopes.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 10:35:04 AM »

I'd be very surprised if "The Good Catch - Award winning fish and chip shop" didnt have better chips than a football club! 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 02:46:46 PM »

I'd be very surprised if "The Good Catch - Award winning fish and chip shop" didnt have better chips than a football club!
Ask them to rebrand to the robins retreat and go into partnership with them at the ground on match days 😆
ParkINson's red and white army

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 08:19:04 PM »

Maybe have a zip wire where trays of hot fish and chips can be conveyed into the football ground.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 09:16:58 PM »

Maybe have a zip wire where trays of hot fish and chips can be conveyed into the football ground.
ha ha I love this . Can we set some up in the fan zone as well to scale the perimeter fences ?
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 10:43:30 PM »

This is disappointing news, I quite often brought mine in from over the road.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 12:42:27 AM »

Ask them to rebrand to the robins retreat and go into partnership with them at the ground on match days 😆

There were reports of a fight in a chip shop

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 08:20:21 AM »

Can't think of any football ground that allows you to bring your own refreshments. You can take your own food and drink on a plane but even then you have to buy it at the airport. Alty have been losing much needed income allowing people in with food in the past. Would you expect to take fish and chips into any restaurant or cafe in Altrincham and sit at their tables eating it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team