PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead - Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Maidenhead - Match Thread  (Read 7884 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 02, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »

Go on, I'll get it started a day early seeing as we're all buzzing off the back of a win.

After their recent good form it was encouraging to see them crash to a 3-0 defeat midweek against a Dagenham side that had been so poor against us.

We should have fresher legs, despite the long journey - would probably only look to rotate one position for the task at hand, but would also be happy to go again with the same XI:

Thompson
Perritt Mullarkey Cooper Jones
        Osborne Marriott
   Mooney Kosylo  Colclough
               Hulme

Subs: Hancock, Pringle, White, Leitch-Smith, Ferguson

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:48:29 AM »

Go on, I'll get it started a day early seeing as we're all buzzing off the back of a win.

After their recent good form it was encouraging to see them crash to a 3-0 defeat midweek against a Dagenham side that had been so poor against us.

We should have fresher legs, despite the long journey - would probably only look to rotate one position for the task at hand, but would also be happy to go again with the same XI:

Thompson
        Osborne Marriott
   Mooney Kosylo  Colclough
               Hulme

If they are P/T as some claim then playing midweek may assist. Barring injuries think will go with the winning lineup last weekend to start. It's one of the closer Londonish trips, so may try to get down there.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 10:59:02 AM »

A good result in this match and a win next Tuesday would see our fears of the drop diminish markedly.
I think keeping an unchanged team would be a wise move especially so that it's well bedded in for the Weymouth game.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:03:20 AM »

We do need to get a settled first pick team so no changes.

The squad seems to be far too big, I assume the mgmt team know who won't be here in August but there will be some who can play for a place at Alty next season once we are safe.

Come on Alty.

Half a chance of getting there which would be a bonus away game for me.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 01:02:21 PM »

Thompson
        Osborne Marriott
   Mooney Kosylo  Colclough
               Hulme

Not so sure we should be dropping Hancock to the bench after his goal Saturday and maybe now he has re-established the telepathy with Hulme ?...……...or is he injured
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 01:32:50 PM »

The squad seems to be far too big, I assume the mgmt team know who won't be here in August but there will be some who can play for a place at Alty next season once we are safe.

Come on Alty.

Now I’d say we are 75% safe (a win against Weymouth next Tuesday would largely finish the job) I suspect the large number of young EFL loanees & short term deals is basically open trials for next season. Think next season in the National is the one where we either go hybrid or full time & we all know due to age & current employment some of our top players from recent years (Hannigan, Hancock, Dens spring to mind, will be others I’m sure) would possibly be moving on so now the pressure largely off it makes sense to use this period to see who can cut the mustard for us next season. I reckon that’s certainly a large element of our huge player turnover this season (along with injuries, Covid etc).

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 04:29:30 PM »

Thompson
        Osborne Marriott
   Mooney Kosylo  Colclough
               Hulme

Not so sure we should be dropping Hancock to the bench after his goal Saturday and maybe now he has re-established the telepathy with Hulme ?...……...or is he injured

I do take that point, but I guess I see Hancock as a 'home' player and Kosylo as an 'away' player, with the two wing berths now fixed by Colclough and Mooney.

Ultimately I do see the value in carrying on with Josh and would be happy to see either player on the teamsheet there (as long as he doesn't mess with the rest!)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »

Come on Alty.

Now I’d say we are 75% safe (a win against Weymouth next Tuesday would largely finish the job) I suspect the large number of young EFL loanees & short term deals is basically open trials for next season. Think next season in the National is the one where we either go hybrid or full time & we all know due to age & current employment some of our top players from recent years (Hannigan, Hancock, Dens spring to mind, will be others I’m sure) would possibly be moving on so now the pressure largely off it makes sense to use this period to see who can cut the mustard for us next season. I reckon that’s certainly a large element of our huge player turnover this season (along with injuries, Covid etc).

Out of the loanees I assume Eddy Jones might be in the market given he didn't make a loan spell at Hartlepool stick, he's unlikely to get a look in at a comfortably mid table Championship side, and he's also Chester-based too so the location could certainly work.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 05:36:24 PM »

Josh has to start every time for me. The guy is a class act (reminds me of the stick Ricky Harris sometimes got) the best player and a great foil for Mr Hulme.

2-1 win on saturday and 3-0 home win on tuesday  :D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 06:41:02 PM »

A very winable game. Now Morgan has gone (somewhat to my surprise) I think MarpelAlty is bang on with the exception of Kosylo, can't see Hancock not starting. Whoever plays in the 10 I'm happyish with.

Maidenhead 1-2 Alty (Colclough, Marriott)
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 07:21:35 PM »

The next three games are all eminently winnable but 7 points from them (including a win over Weymouth) and our worries are over for this season.
The real work for Parky will then begin with the hoped-for hybrid/full time model for next term and the inevitable reshaping of the squad.
Exciting times to be an Alty fan! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 09:02:17 PM »

Thompson
        Osborne Marriott
   Mooney Kosylo  Colclough
               Hulme

I do take that point, but I guess I see Hancock as a 'home' player and Kosylo as an 'away' player, with the two wing berths now fixed by Colclough and Mooney.

Ultimately I do see the value in carrying on with Josh and would be happy to see either player on the teamsheet there (as long as he doesn't mess with the rest!)

Take your point on a home No 10 and away No 10....good to have two options
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 09:33:16 PM »

The team should probably pick itself now with the Hancock/Kosylo place being the only debate.
For me, Hanks scores more goals, but Kosy makes more things happen. Also, is Kosy the more likely to remain if we turn hybrid?
Wish Morgan all the best but neither sorry, not surprised he has gone - decent going forward but an absolutely dreadful defender.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 10:18:08 PM »

You've got to love us Alty fans. First home win since October and bullishness very definitely rising! 😉 👍🇦🇹

Come on you Supers!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 11:00:21 PM »

You've got to love us Alty fans. First home win since October and bullishness very definitely rising! 😉 👍🇦🇹

Come on you Supers!
We've had plenty of practice at  false dawns through the ages. We're always a couple of wins off the play offs and two defeats off relegation.😜
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team