News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My thanks to the club - Great Idea!!

Author Topic: My thanks to the club - Great Idea!!  (Read 3088 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 26, 2022, 06:34:56 PM »

Hi All,

Today, I wish to thank the club for their new initiative that took place today. They got together a group of about 20 children, two of which were our looked-after daughters, plus a couple of the girls friends from the football team members included. They formed a flag-waving guard of honour to welcome all the players on to the pitch as the teams came out before the game. The girls were delighted to be asked, though one of them was still in her football kit from her game this morning. They drew 2-2 by the way, in a Derby match between the Altrincham FC Red Kites and the Black Kites, both teams are now in the top 3 in their football league. They also greeted the players as they came off the pitch at the end of the game, as they usually do.

The girls have had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, helped greatly by the win today. There again we all did didn't we!!

My grateful thanks to the club for the new initiative, never seen that before but what a superb idea. Kids are the future of our club.

I trust the linesman at the Popular side is ok, after his collision with the Daggers player? 

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: My thanks to the club - Great Idea!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 09:32:24 AM »

Thought the flag wavers looked fab. Well done Simon and Co.
It's all my fault.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 08:10:16 PM »

Hi All,

Today, I wish to thank the club for their new initiative that took place today. They got together a group of about 20 children, two of which were our looked-after daughters, plus a couple of the girls friends from the football team members included. They formed a flag-waving guard of honour to welcome all the players on to the pitch as the teams came out before the game. The girls were delighted to be asked, though one of them was still in her football kit from her game this morning. They drew 2-2 by the way, in a Derby match between the Altrincham FC Red Kites and the Black Kites, both teams are now in the top 3 in their football league. They also greeted the players as they came off the pitch at the end of the game, as they usually do.

The girls have had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, helped greatly by the win today. There again we all did didn't we!!

My grateful thanks to the club for the new initiative, never seen that before but what a superb idea. Kids are the future of our club.

I trust the linesman at the Popular side is ok, after his collision with the Daggers player?

Plenty ofphoto's on the clubs Facebook page Steve
@AltyDaz

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 09:27:57 PM »

Just missing a Ukrainian flag or two!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 10:59:36 AM »

Just missing a Ukrainian flag or two!

Excellent point.

I would add a Tibetan flag or two as well, the passage of time doesn't absolve Beijing from their ethnic cleansing.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 10:16:15 PM »

And Syria ? Half a million lives lost now . RiP

Make love not war
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team