PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread  (Read 8271 times)

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 05:47:43 PM »

Well done lads, great to see Jordan score his first of many to come.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2022, 06:02:21 PM »

Where did that performance come from?I

One happy boy here.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2022, 06:56:51 PM »

They hardly laid a glove on us.

They were v poor to be honest but don’t let that detract from some great finishing from us and a solid defensive performance…

Up the Robins.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2022, 07:48:37 PM »

Great result by the lads today, a slow start but once they got going they were very good all over the pitch.
Standouts for me were the back four, Young Marriott was excellent Osbourne was good and also very impressed with Perritt.

We were strong and aggressive in midfield and sharp to the ball.

I have to say although Jake was injured we didn’t miss him today. Not too much tippy tippy football at the back either which was good to see.

Jordon Hulme was back to his best today, holding up the ball and scoring a great goal..

A very happy drive back to Shrewsbury (which isn’t under water any longer)

Hope the linesman who got flattened is OK.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 08:03:45 PM »

I was worried for the first 10-15 minutes, but once we'd settled down we played some really good football. It wasn't a typical Alty performance by any means, but the back four looked as if they'd played together forever ! Some good strong tackling and closing down, and Isaac Marriott was at the heart of everything. Three well taken goals too - especially Jordan's, which turned the clock back two years. I might drag myself on to the coach next Saturday.

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 08:08:25 PM »

Some real breathing space after today. Are Weymouth going to win four more games than Alty between now and the end of the season when they've only won five to date? Possible, but unlikely.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 08:12:49 PM »

Marriot was outstanding today, notable mentions for jordan, mooney, jones and toby. The back four were outstanding under the circumstance's and i think most were shocked by either how bad they were or the fact we made them look poor, even though after the first 15 minutes i was a little nervous.
FFS

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 08:16:49 PM »

Really good performance.

Not seen us play with that tempo for a long long time.

Centre mids were excellent and Marriott was MOTM, he was everywhere and aggressive in his tackling and closing down, which is what we need. I agree we did not miss Jake, albiet an Alty legend.

Wide players were direct and the full backs got high up.

Hulme covered a lot of ground and loved seeing him bag one.

Defence was very solid second half and TT was excellent.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »

Fantastic today. The kind of performance we have become have come to expect from a parky side. Defence never looked in danger. The energy in midfield was exceptional and we never gave them a moment. Up top we played quick attractive football. Cannot fault anyone today.

Special mentions to Hulme who caused problems all game and got a well deserved goal. Mariott who I thought has looked a bit out of his depth so far was phenomenal and was my MOM. Covered every bit of  that pitch today.

They were very poor and look like they need a lot of work to be competitive next season.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 08:40:52 PM »

Was the best performance I’ve seen for what seems like a very long time.

Under a bit of pressure from corners at the start but then Marriott decided to own the game. He won so many 50:50s (and a few less than 50) and it brought the rest of the team with him and in the end we were coming out of every tight situation with the ball.

They didn’t look very good but I do think our closing down made them look worse than they probably are.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer but I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that we’ve turned a bit of a corner today.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

Agree with all said, welcome victory. They were poor, but we also made them look ordinary. Pleased with energy levels and closing down.

Pleasing to see the old guard scoring today.

Happy tonight.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2022, 08:49:04 PM »

Agree with what most people have said. I wasn't very confident when I saw the lineup, but, after a slow start, we scored with what may have been our first  proper shot on goal, and then went on to dominate the game.

Isaac Marriott is the sort of player who professionals sometimes say is not appreciated by mere supporters, but, as other posters have proved, this is wrong, and he was my  MOTM too.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2022, 09:25:20 AM »

Brilliant performance. The best of the season by a mile and played with a fantastic intensity. That should keep us up now. Time to move onwards

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2022, 09:27:21 AM »

Marriot showed up today. So many games we've had nobody grab the game by the scruff of the neck, even Jake has gone missing (by dropping too deep).

First time in months I've seen us play our style from 1 to 90.

It's all my fault.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 11:03:08 AM »

Absolutely agree with everything said today. The whole of the team played really well, I think we maybe took Dagenham/Redbridge by surprise today. Everything we did on the pitch was right today, there was less passing among the back four and we launched more attacks. Our finishing was also superb as we took all our chances and could have scored more

My man of the match today was Isaac Marriott, though it was good to see Jordan back to his best. I also felt all the new players did their bit, especially among the back four. Yesterday was Alty back to their best. Their game was slightly different to how they normally play, but they were entertaining to watch as per usual. A clean sheet was an added bonus, especially pleasing for Tony Thompson and our defence. I did not feel D & R looked like scoring today.

All in all, the pressure is off us slightly now, there is nothing to stop us getting as many wins as possible. The higher we finish, the better our prospects for next season. We have some good interesting games coming up now, plus more winnable ones. Lets get our mojo back for the remaining teams in the top half of the league too.

Well done lads, and thank you for a very entertaining and enjoyable afternoon.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:09:08 AM by Steve from Sale »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread