PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread  (Read 9261 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2022, 05:59:10 PM »

I really hope we get to see a bit more of a cemented XI over the coming weeks - especially in defence.

As much as Tom and Jake have been excellent for us, it would be reassuring to see there's life beyond them.

If any of these loan lads do well, hopefully we can think about who we'd want to secure longer term, or even whether it's feasible.

Tough game at an in-form Maidenhead next week, but we know we're capable of beating them and the pressure's a bit more off the lads now. Fingers crossed.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 07:38:10 PM »

For a long-overdue welcome change at the J Davidson Stadium, yesterday afternoon witnessed us (i) not conceding the opening goal and (ii) exhibiting some splendid clinical finishing.

It was also reassuring to see that we can pick up points without having to rely on a piece of Colclough magic.

As others have stated within this thread, whilst Alty certainly upped their game, Dagenham & Redbridge proved to be unexpectedly tame opponents.

They exuded the indifferent air of a team who had resigned themselves to being unable to reach the play-offs.

I note that the Victoria Road natives appear to be far from happy with the current climate at their club and quite a few have concluded that Daryl McMahon has passed his sell-by date:

https://www.viewsfromthesieve.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4893&sid=9f2ad5d47f456e6b408e6dcfe54886f2

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 07:40:46 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »

Wasn't McMahon the bloke who was appointed M*cc manager when they had no players just before they went pop?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 11:30:18 PM »

Wasn't McMahon the bloke who was appointed M*cc manager when they had no players just before they went pop?

Not quite.  I was interested and had to check on this, but he was manager from August 2019 to January 2020, when he left to join D&R, but Macc still appointed another manager, Mark Kennedy, before they finally went bust some months later, and suddenly found hordes of new fans when the reformed club started at a lower level.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2022, 12:30:54 AM »

Not quite.  I was interested and had to check on this, but he was manager from August 2019 to January 2020, when he left to join D&R, but Macc still appointed another manager, Mark Kennedy, before they finally went bust some months later, and suddenly found hordes of new fans when the reformed club started at a lower level.

I expect the hordes of new fans was down to the lambing season..

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 09:32:30 AM »

Having watched the highlights, as we say, excellent finishing, listening to Parky, he's correct on saying we were clinical, not the best offensively, but out of possession we were terrific and stopped them playing to much, they had chances but we got the rub of the green for a change. Long may that continue.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2022, 10:19:35 AM »

That's right. He resigned when nobody was getting paid. It coincided, fortunately, with the Dagenham job coming up. 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2022, 02:26:49 PM »

Saturdays performance was much improved. Lets hope for a settled side moving forward ! Difficult to pick a better starting 11. In saying that I thought D and R@ performance was not the best. Maybe they were looking towards the summer and the beach! Two or three more wins we could finish a credible mid table position. SBL

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2022, 04:06:51 PM »

The only position I'd probably still be keen to rotate is maybe swapping between Kosylo and Hancock depending on the task at hand.

I hope to God everyone stays injury and niggle free now.

LymmRobin

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2022, 05:27:45 PM »

Wasn't too convinced by young Perritt. He was very good in the air but seemed very nervous with the ball at his feet. Parky shouted instructions at him continually throughout the game. Hopefully the clean sheet will boost his confidence. 

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2022, 08:25:51 AM »

Wasn't too convinced by young Perritt. He was very good in the air but seemed very nervous with the ball at his feet. Parky shouted instructions at him continually throughout the game. Hopefully the clean sheet will boost his confidence.

Perritt comes very highly regarded from his parent club (but then again, so did Adam Porter!) - I'll be keen to see how he settles in.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2022, 09:17:31 AM »

Think I'm in the minority, but I didn't think we were great. Better than we have been but way off where we have been. Fortunately they missed a sitter of a header at 0-0 and that summed them up.

Hopefully a settled back 4 will help but I don't see that happening
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2022, 12:52:39 PM »

Think I'm in the minority, but I didn't think we were great. Better than we have been but way off where we have been. Fortunately they missed a sitter of a header at 0-0 and that summed them up.

Hopefully a settled back 4 will help but I don't see that happening

If the result calms the Manager down a bit so he's less tempted to tinker with the XI, than I'm all for it.

The same group of players need minutes together on the pitch so they can gel properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dagenham & Redbridge Match Thread