News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This week's NLP

Author Topic: This week's NLP  (Read 2465 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
This week's NLP
« on: February 28, 2022, 05:41:49 PM »

Just flicking through the latest edition of the NLP. On page 40, there's a picture of two Liversedge players celebrating a goal. The goalscorer is named as Lewis whitham but he's the absolute doppelganger of damien reeves (the ears gave him away).
Am I mistaken or is it just a mistake by the NLP?
I didn't even know he played for Liversedge - last I heard he was playing for Maltby Main.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This week's NLP
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 06:01:34 PM »

Just flicking through the latest edition of the NLP. On page 40, there's a picture of two Liversedge players celebrating a goal. The goalscorer is named as Lewis whitham but he's the absolute doppelganger of damien reeves (the ears gave him away).
I didn't even know he played for Liversedge - last I heard he was playing for Maltby Main.
Definitely Lewis Whitham who scored, although there is a distinct resemblance, I grant you.  The picture on the attachment is of Whitham getting his Liversedge player of the month award on Saturday.

Damian Reeves came on as sub for Maltby Main on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/Liversedge_FC/status/1497629862072397829
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:08:35 PM by Sale Holmfield »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This week's NLP
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »

Definitely Lewis Whitham who scored, although there is a distinct resemblance, I grant you.  The picture on the attachment is of Whitham getting his Liversedge player of the month award on Saturday.

Damian Reeves came on as sub for Maltby Main on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/Liversedge_FC/status/1497629862072397829
Thanks for that Holmfield.
Looking at the twitter pic, it seems Whitham is the player on the right in the NLP picture rather than the one on the left that I thought was Reevesy.
It must be his double! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This week's NLP