PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weymouth Match Thread  (Read 9578 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2022, 11:26:26 AM »

I agree but we could still out performance at least one of the teams around us like Barnet, Aldershot or Eastleigh who aren't exactly setting the world on fire either.
I hoped for 16th at the start of the season and we might not be that far away hopefully.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2022, 12:41:44 PM »

I agree but we could still out performance at least one of the teams around us like Barnet, Aldershot or Eastleigh who aren't exactly setting the world on fire either.
I hoped for 16th at the start of the season and we might not be that far away hopefully.

This is an encouraging point; we're still in touch with a large bunch of teams above us that we could reel in with a long overdue patch of good form.

A win against Weymouth, if we'd have gone ahead, would have taken us to the lofty heights of 14th.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2022, 04:29:47 PM »

This is an encouraging point; we're still in touch with a large bunch of teams above us that we could reel in with a long overdue patch of good form.

A win against Weymouth, if we'd have gone ahead, would have taken us to the lofty heights of 14th.

Be in the playoffs before you know it  ;D

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2022, 08:21:03 AM »

Honestly given how fickle this forum is, string two wins together and we'll be going up.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2022, 02:20:30 PM »

Honestly given how fickle this forum is, string two wins together and we'll be going up.

Promotion or nothing for me

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »

Weymouth 1 - 0 up against Bromley. We're down to 20th as it stands with Weymouth six points away.

Now 2-1 Weymouth 🙄

Finished 2-2. We're 8 points clear and they've played the same number of games.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:50:07 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2022, 10:18:15 PM »

I'd say most results went our way tonight with plenty of teams above us being held to drab draws, including against the likes of Dover and Kings Lynn.

Dagenham conceded a late equaliser at home to 10 man Woking, which might bode well for Saturday.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:20:37 PM by MarpleAlty »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2022, 08:41:15 AM »

There's a bit of a mini league now forming from Yeovil downwards - possibly inclusive of them, looking at their form - amongst which we're the only northern team, and it's probably a fair reflection of the resources available to these teams compared to the top half of the league.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »

I expect us to win all of the remaining 15 games and end up with 75 points. Anything less will not be acceptable.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2022, 09:12:19 AM »

Definitely a good night for us, 8 points clear of the relegation zone & all of Weymouth’s games in hand have now gone (and our GD over them is 9 goals better) so we are effectively 3 wins clear of a side who have won 5 games all season. Obviously though looking at our remaining home games (5 of the 8 are against sides in 13th place or lower) especially our aim has to be to finish top of the mini league up to 14th where Eastleigh currently are & ultimately improve on last seasons 17th place.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »

Definitely a good night for us, 8 points clear of the relegation zone & all of Weymouth’s games in hand have now gone (and our GD over them is 9 goals better) so we are effectively 3 wins clear of a side who have won 5 games all season. Obviously though looking at our remaining home games (5 of the 8 are against sides in 13th place or lower) especially our aim has to be to finish top of the mini league up to 14th where Eastleigh currently are & ultimately improve on last seasons 17th place.

It's actually 6 of 9 home games left against bottom half sides - the rearranged Weymouth match yet to be slotted in to the fixture list. Mind you, our recent home form doesn't inspire much confidence.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »

our aim has to be to finish top of the mini league up to 14th where Eastleigh currently are & ultimately improve on last seasons 17th place.

I'd absolutely rip your hand off for a 16th place finish at the moment!
For us to finish 14th, I think we'd need to string together a pretty good series of results. This is not beyond us, I feel, and three points on Saturday whilst Weymouth are getting annihilated at edgeley park would be a massive boost to us all.
Come on you Supers!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »

It's actually 6 of 9 home games left against bottom half sides - the rearranged Weymouth match yet to be slotted in to the fixture list. Mind you, our recent home form doesn't inspire much confidence.

Good point Loz. Since I moved back up in October, I still have not seen us win a home game. Hoping that run ends very soon!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2022, 03:05:21 PM »

Good point Loz. Since I moved back up in October, I still have not seen us win a home game. Hoping that run ends very soon! 
Any chance you could go to Stockport and support Weymouth? 😜
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:06:53 PM by rorysgrandad »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread