PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham Wood Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Boreham Wood Match Thread  (Read 10017 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boreham Wood Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2022, 09:40:03 PM »

Weymouth 1-0 up in the dying minutes.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2022, 09:46:19 PM »

Now the backslapping from beating the leagues whipping boys on Saturday has died down, nows the chance to give everyone a real sense of perspective - if we lose on Saturday Weymouth will be 6 points behind us with a game in hand. But at least we’ve now won 1 in about 30 games 👍

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2022, 10:05:50 PM »

And when we win, we won't.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2022, 10:15:53 PM »

Now the backslapping from beating the leagues whipping boys on Saturday has died down, nows the chance to give everyone a real sense of perspective - if we lose on Saturday Weymouth will be 6 points behind us with a game in hand. But at least we’ve now won 1 in about 30 games 👍

Well done-away at a heavily bankrolled side who won away at the team second in the Championship 9 days ago & who haven’t lost a game at their own ground this season, what exactly were you expecting tonight?

Let’s hope we don’t have your kind of ‘support’ in the crucial Weymouth game on Saturday.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2022, 10:31:21 PM »

Well done-away at a heavily bankrolled side who won away at the team second in the Championship 9 days ago & who haven’t lost a game at their own ground this season, what exactly were you expecting tonight?

Let’s hope we don’t have your kind of ‘support’ in the crucial Weymouth game on Saturday.

Well said Pal…

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2022, 11:06:48 PM »

We showed some fight tonight which is a significant improvement on recent performances. Boreham Wood are one of the top sides in the division. We did well to stay in it tonight. Perspective is important

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2022, 07:33:01 AM »

Well said Pal…

Exactly this.  Routinely astonished at the lack of perspective adopted by some (mercifully few) fans on here.

andrewflynn

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2022, 08:51:50 AM »

I must admit, I do find myself somewhere in the middle of the two perspectives given here. We got away with it big time against Woking and the King's Lynn game saw us edge arguably the worst competitive side I've seen at this level. There were some improved individual performances but collectively I really didn't think there was much to write home about. KL were so sh*t. The three points was all that mattered of course.

What I'm saying is we are by no means safe and I did feel some of the comments on here and the Facebook supporters' group were a little too rosy, all things considered. We can't keep relying on Ryan Colclough to get it done for us.

It does sound like we battled well last night and credit to all who travelled to support the lads. I wasn't expecting anything from that game.

What a massive win for Weymouth, coming into Saturday off the back of that suggests they will be a tougher prospect than King's Lynn last weekend. We will need to take another step forward to get a crucial victory. If we don't up the levels again I fear we will lose.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 09:20:31 AM »

Kings Lynn hammered Weymouth very recently. I think it would be fair to say that Weymouth don't travel too well. On the other hand, our home form has been wretched.
I think we'll win on Saturday in front of a 3000+ crowd.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2022, 09:22:50 AM »

I must admit, I do find myself somewhere in the middle of the two perspectives given here. We got away with it big time against Woking and the King's Lynn game saw us edge arguably the worst competitive side I've seen at this level. There were some improved individual performances but collectively I really didn't think there was much to write home about. KL were so sh*t. The three points was all that mattered of course.

What I'm saying is we are by no means safe and I did feel some of the comments on here and the Facebook supporters' group were a little too rosy, all things considered. We can't keep relying on Ryan Colclough to get it done for us.

It does sound like we battled well last night and credit to all who travelled to support the lads. I wasn't expecting anything from that game.

What a massive win for Weymouth, coming into Saturday off the back of that suggests they will be a tougher prospect than King's Lynn last weekend. We will need to take another step forward to get a crucial victory. If we don't up the levels again I fear we will lose.
Andrew, your comments are spot on, KL were poor on Saturday until there subs came on. But we should have won more comfortably, but poor finishing let us down, by the sound of it a little last night as well. Thats got to be confidence. Saturday is really almost like a one off cup tie, a real 6 pointer. I agree were not safe yet and need to keep the points clicking over. I was heartened listening to the commentary last night, but at this time of the season points are more important and we need the attack to start scoring. Ryan's game is up at present and others need to follow.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2022, 11:25:51 AM »

Let’s hope we can put on a display this Saturday similar to the one when we beat them at there place 4-1 . Yes they had a bloke sent off early but I fancy we would have beaten them comfortably regardless.

In my mind that game was one of the best displays we have had this season.

I still stick by my comment earlier that if we beat Kings Lynn, Weymouth and Dover then we stay up.

One down, two to go.

Positive thoughts needed by everybody.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »

Colclough is on a different level to most at this level, let alone some of our players. Without wanting to labor a point, our recruitment has been dire. We wonder why we can’t score a goal after re-signing a player that hasn’t scored a competitive goal in over a year. We sign a young defender on loan that hadn’t played a game for nearly 2 months and expect him to be prime Hannigan. It’s all wrong.

I know most will disagree with me but after last season I really expected us to push on, we saw signs of some real quality play despite the poor runs and I thought Parky would learn lessons. We’re in the position we are because of awful recruitment and some strange tactical decisions (Mullarkey) borne out of frustration.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2022, 11:37:36 AM »

Perhaps just pay his fiver then let the stewards show him off the premises. Win win.

Well said Pal…

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2022, 03:29:26 PM »

Eastleigh also seemingly in freefall at the moment - am I right in saying their backing dried up a while ago?

They might be OK for this season but it will certainly help our cause if they're not competitive next season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2022, 04:47:44 PM »

Eastleigh also seemingly in freefall at the moment - am I right in saying their backing dried up a while ago?

They might be OK for this season but it will certainly help our cause if they're not competitive next season.

Yes, I think you're right.
There are a couple of teams in this position and, hopefully a couple of those who get promoted into the league will be similar.
If we can stay up this year, and I truly believe we will, improvements within our means which are no doubt in the mix for the close season should see us midtable for the next couple of years.
I'd be more than happy with that.
When you look at the crowds and resources at clubs like Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Notts County, Grimsby - even Southend, I think our promotion prospects are slim for a few years but top half two years from now would be nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham Wood Match Thread