News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham wood

Author Topic: Boreham wood  (Read 3864 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Boreham wood
« on: February 06, 2022, 08:33:14 PM »

Huge Congratulations on progressing to FA cup 5th round
Credit were credit due huge respect.i will be routing for you at Everton.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boreham wood
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 08:53:00 PM »

With a bit of luck they may not be as keen as normal for fear of missing the next round when they play us in 10 Days time

Well done in beating Bournemouth

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 08:58:23 PM »

Absolutely. Well done.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 08:58:43 PM »

Well done and all that but they have appalling support & are bankrolled at least two leagues above their natural level by their Chairman. There’s very little romance about their story just a fat pile of cash & the town as anyone whose ever seen us play there is even by London suburbia standards deadly dull & a bit of a dump. If this was a Boston/Woking/Halifax I’d wish them all the best but they are basically a modern day version of Rushden and Diamonds.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »

Well done and all that but they have appalling support & are bankrolled at least two leagues above their natural level by their Chairman. There’s very little romance about their story just a fat pile of cash & the town as anyone whose ever seen us play there is even by London suburbia standards deadly dull & a bit of a dump. If this was a Boston/Woking/Halifax I’d wish them all the best but they are basically a modern day version of Rushden and Diamonds.

An Interesting insight into Borehamwood. If they haven’t many fans then they will struggle once the money man goes.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 01:59:12 AM »

To be fair to the owner he's stuck around for years, kept propping them up and he's been pretty realistic about what they can achieve in relation to what they have. Maybe he kept plugging away in the hope they'd get what they now have. If so then he deserves the moment big time. I'm sure plenty of other towns with giant killing teams over the years aren't exactly Beverly Hills either. 

Very different to a Rushden in my view, not a particularly unpleasant club from what I've seen (although others may know better) and I'm pleased for them.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 07:42:22 AM »

It seems most non-league clubs that have been on good runs / drawn plum ties have ultimately ended up in the football league not long afterwards.

With regard to being bankrolled, they've just defeated a team bankrolled to the tune of multiple times what they could ever dream of. Credit where it's due.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 07:44:12 AM by MarpleAlty »

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »

They were excellent. Rode their luck at times but hey they won! PS West Ham were bloody lucky SBL

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »

It seems most non-league clubs that have been on good runs / drawn plum ties have ultimately ended up in the football league not long afterwards.

With regard to being bankrolled, they've just defeated a team bankrolled to the tune of multiple times what they could ever dream of. Credit where it's due.

Very good point re Bournemouth. If you start negating results because of bankrolling, natural levels etc. then you're opening up a massive can of worms.

I think the lucrative cup runs are only a catalyst at this level because the sums involved are still quite small compared to the money flying around. Chesterfield would have made a fortune from the Chelsea game but they are massively in debt and been losing amounts that would have put us to the wall. All relative I guess.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »

They did well yesterday, it reminded me of there game against us, closed us down, harassed and were very physical. There Chairman they said had been around for years as a supporter and owned a business supplying the movie industry with props. So for me a valid reason. Bournemouth didn't really turnup so deserved what they got.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 12:08:46 PM »

Interesting article about their academy in yesterday's issue of The Observer:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/05/boreham-wood-fa-cup-bournemouth-academy
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham wood