News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 The Earth is flat & Digie for England

Author Topic: The Earth is flat & Digie for England  (Read 4632 times)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 30, 2022, 11:31:00 AM »

I found a very interesting article the other day, commenting on some work done by a learned group at the University of Malta, following research done by 50 universities. How good is that?

It would seem to uphold my long-held belief that the earth is flat - why else would they have throw-ins at football matches? No club can afford to keep losing balls over the edge.

The article is here:
https://www.um.edu.mt/think/the-earth-is-flat/

Obviously I can’t prove this but there must be some truth in it. Why else would people keep disappearing off the planet? Clearly there is some strange phenomenon at work - some people call it death - but I don’t subscribe to the view that people get ill and die. No, they get too close to the edge and fall off.

Horses do too.  Where is Shergar? And Chris Senior? What more proof do we all need?

This article is good too:
https://www.um.edu.mt/think/misinformation-and-how-you-can-avoid-being-the-april-fool/

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Earth is flat & Digie for England
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 06:10:47 PM »

f**king hell this is genius

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 12:40:49 AM »

I found a very interesting article the other day, commenting on some work done by a learned group at the University of Malta, following research done by 50 universities. How good is that?

It would seem to uphold my long-held belief that the earth is flat - why else would they have throw-ins at football matches? No club can afford to keep losing balls over the edge.

The article is here:
https://www.um.edu.mt/think/the-earth-is-flat/

Obviously I can’t prove this but there must be some truth in it. Why else would people keep disappearing off the planet? Clearly there is some strange phenomenon at work - some people call it death - but I don’t subscribe to the view that people get ill and die. No, they get too close to the edge and fall off.

Horses do too.  Where is Shergar? And Chris Senior? What more proof do we all need?

This article is good too:
https://www.um.edu.mt/think/misinformation-and-how-you-can-avoid-being-the-april-fool/

Ah, reminds me of the days when we used to have fake Alty sites set up by Runcorn supporters. I think it was people like that who eventually made registration necessary. But never mind, they were very very funny...

I understand that in the past, poison pen type stuff used to be illegal, but apparently it's big and clever theses days, because people are  so much wiser and more civilised now. Or something.

And no word on what counts as actual evidence either. Another person who's all mouth.

Seriously, you want nuts, take a look at Scotland's first minister cutting the bottom off classroom doors!

I know what I've seen since 12 June 2021 (16 months after this virus was detected in the UK). I know I didn't see it in the 16 months before then. Yes there was less (but not no) football and fans before then. But an article from August 2020 about covid causing myocarditis, while a start does not answer all my questions. Any useful information is welcome. However, larking about is the modern equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 02:10:08 AM by Hugh »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 02:16:11 PM »

This response makes me laugh so much. Hugh can't even see Hugh2's point directed at him.

The problem continues to be the fact Hugh can't pull a single reputable source to back his theory. Except for one study that he f**ked up the interpretation of so catastrophically. Using it to confirm the other sources that he deem's as evidence, ignoring the clear black and white text to the contrary.

I find it really hard at this point to constructively respond to idiots, but I'll keep trying. One day there will be something else he can post about that doesn't help to kill people and I'll enjoy the rabbit hole. Until then I'll be here with reason and logic, and the odd meme to lighten the tone of responding to posts that endanger lives. All while he pretends to give a sh*t about other humans but won't take the time to educate himself properly and put his efforts and "empathy" to good work.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk