News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Heart attack at Fulham v Blackpool now!

Author Topic: Heart attack at Fulham v Blackpool now!  (Read 5171 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 29, 2022, 10:09:05 PM »

Just a few days after the Blackburn match. Fortunately he seems to have been ok.

Obviously these things happened in the past, but it seems to be almost every week at the moment, and indeed sometimes more than once in a week. I haven't seen figures, but I'm sure there's more of these incidents among fans than in previous years - and of course there was an incident at the Alty match v Stockport. I remain concerned about this non-trend.

Edit: it has just been announced on the Football League Show that he has sadly passed away. Condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

For me, there have been far too many of these incidents at matches lately and it is a huge concern, and certainly should not be brushed under the carpet, trend or no.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:21:11 PM by Hugh »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heart attack at Fulham v Blackpool now!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 10:21:11 PM »

There is a trend Hugh. However, and this has been my point the whole time, the trend is caused by exposure to the virus.

You must just have the second paragraph as a boilerplate ready to deploy each time this happens.

I await your 18 paragraph response that could have been one sentence - "I've decided I'm right and I refuse to see the clear and present evidence contrary to my belief system"

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 10:31:40 PM »

Here - https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-can-wreck-your-heart-even-if-you-havent-had-any-symptoms/?amp=true

Pre vaccine, while you were busy being fed mis-information about lockdowns and masks... Science was already talking about this danger.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 12:14:05 AM »

There is a trend Hugh. However, and this has been my point the whole time, the trend is caused by exposure to the virus.

You must just have the second paragraph as a boilerplate ready to deploy each time this happens.

I await your 18 paragraph response that could have been one sentence - "I've decided I'm right and I refuse to see the clear and present evidence contrary to my belief system"

An incident at the Oldham v Rochdale game too.

As you'll know if you've looked at the "not actual evidence" (definition please?) there has been a lot more of these incidents lately, increasing through 2021, than there were in 2020 and early 2021 when there was also a virus. Considering that a lot of people have missed  medical treatment due to the restrictions and fear campaign, and considering there has been a lot of people taking emergency authorisation medication that has not completed long term trials and appears to be linked to side effects including myocarditis according to some studies, it is perfectly rational to ask whether it is in fact just the virus (and in any case, if people were suffering from a virus, they would surely be unlikely to be at a football match. Many people besids me are concerned. Would you care to look at the "not actual evidence" and properly address my concerns? If you actually have anything useful to add I'll certainly listen, but I have not seen anything so far to prove that the Fulham fan and many other cases like it are just covid deaths (though obviously some may be).

Incidentally, I am not saying what is definitely causing this trend, I am just asking the question - and there have been many, many things to raise questions. (Three paragraphs!).

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 12:42:07 AM »

Incredible

You literally sh*t out words that are so charged it like reading an Alex Jones transcript.

I don't have any obligation to educate you Hugh. I've given you the tools and pointers to be able to come to a rational conclusion. You are looking in the wrong places and have been since day 0.

Final thing, your consistent posts about the horrific suffering of others shows terrible emotional intelligence. No matter what you say in the post it is morbid and offensive to the person's general wellbeing. It reads each time like you are practically wringing your hands as you try to prove your point again.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 12:49:00 AM »

Here - https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-can-wreck-your-heart-even-if-you-havent-had-any-symptoms/?amp=true

Pre vaccine, while you were busy being fed mis-information about lockdowns and masks... Science was already talking about this danger.

Thanks, interesting stuff (though whether it is more "actual evidence" than some of the things I've highlighted, I don't know). A pity you couldn't have provided links like this in the first place instead of being confrontational. Certainly this is a line of inquiry worth persuing. It doesn't mean of course that it is the only factor behind the current trend, and I remain under the impression that the apparent increase in 2021 may be more than can be explained by this alone.

I have been getting information from all sides of the argument, and sometimes I have just made up my mind based on my own observations of official statistical information (such as about Sweden and Belarus, or matters raised at SAGE meetings or by the JCVI). My concern is and always has been that certain things are being ignored or dismissed for political or other reasons, that minority views or ones which go against the popular narrative have been assumed to be wrong or dismissed simply because they are not widely held views, which of course is not how science works. Of course, I have little trust in that laboratory in Wuhan from where this virus apparently escaped and where dangerous gain of function research was being conducted, so I can certainly believe that it poses dangers (although the fact does remain that obly a few thousand people under 65 who have died with 'covid' have had nothing else wrong with them).

Certainly any further ibnformation would be welcome, although I should say that conflicts of interest are something that I would consider to be a concern (such as with the Oxford study that was apparently partly funded by the pharmaceutical industry.

I might also add that this part doesn't seem to have worked out too well does it, with record "cases" in a highly "vaccinated" country like Usrael: "an effective vaccine could help prevent cases in the first place".

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 12:53:52 AM »

Incredible

You literally sh*t out words that are so charged it like reading an Alex Jones transcript.

I don't have any obligation to educate you Hugh. I've given you the tools and pointers to be able to come to a rational conclusion. You are looking in the wrong places and have been since day 0.

Final thing, your consistent posts about the horrific suffering of others shows terrible emotional intelligence. No matter what you say in the post it is morbid and offensive to the person's general wellbeing. It reads each time like you are practically wringing your hands as you try to prove your point again.

That's the sort of thing I was talking about in my post above. I am not trying to be offensive to anyone. I am simply trying to observe a trend affecting football and get to the bottom of what may be behind it. The link you gave is the most helpful thing you've put so far. Of course you don't have to educate me, and as I say, I've read information  from various sources including now your link which I have read in full. If you want me to change my mind, it is reasonable to ask you to give some reasons, rather than just call me irrational or offensive.

I might add that it would be helpful if you could define the "wrong places", the same with "actual evidence". As you know, some of the evidence I have looked at has come from official sources, and some people's ideas of "actual evidence" or "wrong places" may differ.

You seem to be taking all this very personally but I reiterate that I don't intend to offend anyone, and I don't think we need fall out over this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 12:57:49 AM by Hugh »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 09:46:21 AM »

Unfortunately Hugh I'm not a special needs teacher who is capable of helping the mentally challenged form reasoning skills.

You'll probably need to go and ask for help from the council for that.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk