PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Parkinson  (Read 14060 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parkinson
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 12:34:56 PM »

Without wishing to sound patronising, this is a very sensible and realistic post.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2022, 01:31:35 PM »

I agree with practically all of your post Andrew. However, while changing the management would unarguably weaken our progress, getting relegated would be far worse.

Losing to Woking on Saturday is a chilling prospect. If we come back empty-handed from Norfolk the following week I believe we will be In serious danger of the trapdoor opening.

However, if we were to part company with our management team, who is there out there that is an improvement, and is available ?

We are truly between a rock and a hard place.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »

I agree with practically all of your post Andrew. However, while changing the management would unarguably weaken our progress, getting relegated would be far worse.

Losing to Woking on Saturday is a chilling prospect. If we come back empty-handed from Norfolk the following week I believe we will be In serious danger of the trapdoor opening.

However, if we were to part company with our management team, who is there out there that is an improvement, and is available ?

I'm struggling to think of anyone  with National League level experience who would be available

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 01:46:26 PM »

For what its worth I think we should stick with him until end of season. I truly believe we owe him that much.

Next season is a totally different ball game no matter what league we're in.

There's no escaping that the season on the whole and the recruitment has been abysmal.

Do Parkinson and Sorvell come as a pair ?
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 02:04:27 PM »

PP leaving is not an option at this stage. That would simply be suicidal.

For what it's worth, I think we'll beat Woking on Saturday and then hopefully we'll be having a different conversation.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »

For what it's worth, I think we'll beat Woking on Saturday and then hopefully we'll be having a different conversation.
totally agree apart from the win Saturday I will be amazed if we get a point
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »

I'm struggling to think of anyone  with National League level experience who would be available
Jim Harvey ?
ParkINson's red and white army

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 02:51:45 PM »

In what sense suicidal?

We lose every single week and have won one game in months. Even if a new manager came in a had the same run of form as PP, that still wouldn’t be worse than what we’re doing currently.

He’s a legend at this club and always will be, the way he lead us back from the Unibond onto the North and then the National has been nothing short of heroic and actually doing it whilst being pleasing on the eye.

However, we’ve hit rock bottom again, the free flowing confident football has disappeared and the recruitment, even recently has been horrific. The only way he should stay on is if the board think he is the best single person to turn it around, but what would they base that opinion on?

Our form is worse than most in the whole country in the last half of a season, and we had a couple of torrid runs last year too.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 03:08:22 PM »

In what sense suicidal?

It would most likely cripple us, financially, I suspect.
Come on Alty!

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 03:10:19 PM »

In what sense suicidal?

We lose every single week and have won one game in months. Even if a new manager came in a had the same run of form as PP, that still wouldn’t be worse than what we’re doing currently.

He’s a legend at this club and always will be, the way he lead us back from the Unibond onto the North and then the National has been nothing short of heroic and actually doing it whilst being pleasing on the eye.

However, we’ve hit rock bottom again, the free flowing confident football has disappeared and the recruitment, even recently has been horrific. The only way he should stay on is if the board think he is the best single person to turn it around, but what would they base that opinion on?

Our form is worse than most in the whole country in the last half of a season, and we had a couple of torrid runs last year too.

Spot on. The trajectory of this club is downward. Uncomfortable  and difficult decisions need to be made by those than run football clubs sometimes. To shy away from those can be equally catastrophic. I guess we’ll have to see how we get on Saturday. There absolutely has to be a huge improvement and a minimum of 3 points to convince me we are capable of staying up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 03:46:26 PM »

I tend to generally agree with Andrew Flynn’s post

If things don’t get better I’m not sure replacing Parky and Sorvs would help in the clubs plight for the rest of this season  to be honest.

I said on a different post. The key to our future in this league is getting positive results against those three teams who are in the bottom 3. If that happens, then we are safe.

Also, I’m not convinced we are going to go full time any time soon. The reason I say this is, who is on the horizon to finance that project? It would be nice but…..

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 05:47:55 PM »

In what sense suicidal?

It would most likely cripple us, financially, I suspect.

Almost. Like a 3 year contract was a stupid idea.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 06:12:53 PM »

I mean, there are so many reasons why it would be suicidal, but the most obvious one would be the need to pay off a couple of 3-year contracts!!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 06:22:17 PM »

I mean, there are so many reasons why it would be suicidal, but the most obvious one would be the need to pay off a couple of 3-year contracts!!!

This is what I mean about having the financial backing, if people are worried about having to pay off a couple of severance payments then there is no way we will be going full time.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2022, 06:49:19 PM »

Rowe at Chesterfield could be available soon......not that I would want him.....and not that I think we are at the point yet to replace PP
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson