PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Parkinson  (Read 15235 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Parkinson
« on: January 29, 2022, 04:09:37 PM »

Has he taken us as far as he can? 4-0 down at half time (10 men or not) is an embarrassment at any level of football.

He’s totally out of his depth and something has to change soon otherwise we won’t pick up another point all season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parkinson
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 04:33:21 PM »

Got to improve in February

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 05:18:05 PM »

The only positive I can take from today's result is 5-0 against 9 men looks a tiny bit better than 5-0 against 11.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 05:53:40 PM »

I really worry that he will try and make the board believe that we need to go full time but sure we can't afford to especially with criwds of less than 2000. We look totally lost

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 05:56:41 PM »

I'm not sure how we managed to get to this point from the point we comfortably beat Maidenhead 2-0 at home in front of over 2,000.

The only positive I'll take from that is that things can improve just as quickly as they deteriorated.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 05:58:26 PM »

He won't making the believe we need to go FT, to they know.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 06:09:03 PM »

Both Neil and Phil have my personal full support to the end of the season to keep us up . At the start I said survival would be enough I stand by this . It's between us and Weymouth now
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 06:21:29 PM »

Both Neil and Phil have my personal full support to the end of the season to keep us up . At the start I said survival would be enough I stand by this . It's between us and Weymouth now

This is my view.

How it's come to this is another matter
Full time and proud of it

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 08:16:07 PM »

Survival, as has been said all along, would be a great achievement however our recent form and performances are more than a cause for concern. I wanted an improvement on last year’s position ideally but limping on to the end of the season without going down seems to be the best we can hope for now. Phil has more than enough credit in the bank for me to believe he’ll steer us to safety this year. Hopefully he’ll then use what’s happened this season to help kick on next year if we stay up.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 10:23:43 PM »

100% this. Parkinson's red and white army.

Incidentally did anyone hear what he said at the end when he came over to the fans? As someone said, he didn't have to do that, and it took balls.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 11:24:30 PM »

I missed the first bit but something about ‘that first half’ and then ‘stick with us. We’ll sort it out’
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 01:16:10 AM by Bath Alty »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 01:01:34 AM »

Thanks. I guess we'll find out on Saturday, a game we should hopefully have a chance in barring disasters. I'm sure Parky must be hurting as well now and we'll see what sort of reaction there is from the lads.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 01:08:26 AM »

Fair dos if the bloke came and spoke to the fans.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 10:21:25 AM »

Fair dos if the bloke came and spoke to the fans.

He did and he didn't.

He came over, said that first half was an utter disgrace.

Then said stick with me please we'll get it right whilst walking off.

For me, I'd have like to front up and hear the frustration and galvanise us, not a cheap one line.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »

For what he's done at the club I think he should be afforded every opportunity to turn us around and should be supported to the very end, but I appreciate there's plenty of ground to disagree with me on that. Any other club would have changed things already, but I maintain that our situation is unique. We have invested in this management team as the one we want in our transition into full time football and to change path at this stage could set us back seasons.

It feels like as a club we're opting to grit our teeth and suck up this short term pain in the trust that Phil is the man for long term success. It was only a few months ago that we were worried about Stockport pinching him, it's incredible how we've ended up here.

We're in the middle of a massive transition. From 17/18 through to the end of last season we had a settled squad and I'd imagine with that came a great harmony and balance. I said a couple of months back that I thought we'd lost that this season, you've got the old guard on the two year deals mixed with the new recruits, many of whom have been part of a revolving door exercise.

It all seems so unsettled, forced by injury to an extent but lads like Williams, Sutton and Ceesay have been let go in the attempt to upgrade the squad and I am not sure we have achieved that? Fitzpatrick, Bunney, Furman, Dinanga - four signings that are either no longer with us or farmed out elsewhere. Pringle and Leitch-Smith clearly can't play 90 minutes. Jackson is crocked. Digie isn't up to the standard. Bringing Morgan in to replace Senior is a slap in Densmore's face. Too many players are in the side for 2/3 games then falling off the face of the earth.

It has been disastrous. You could say we're weaker now than when we came up and I'm massively worried about our capability to get it right in the summer if we do survive. We simply cannot afford to get it this wrong again.

Fwiw I think Marriott looks really handy albeit I only watched about 20 mins total of the game yesterday! There are gems around and we have shown we can pick them well, it's going to be one hell of a task in May-Aug if you look at how many could be on their way out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson