PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Parkinson  (Read 15250 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Parkinson
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2022, 02:30:31 PM »

There is no way this is a broken club

I agree with a lot of what you say - however to go as far as suggesting the 'club is broken' is really unfair in my opinion.

I have to say I found it very difficult to say that the club is broken and it is not intended as a slight towards those who work and volunteer so hard at the club.

Broken ? No. In need of lots of Elastoplast ? Yes.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2022, 04:21:37 PM »

The "Club" is probably in the best nick its been in in years. There are still lots of problems from previous years of mis-management such as the ground falling down, but hopefully we are on the right path.

andrewflynn

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »

You've got to be careful not to let the poor form blinker your view of the club overall, I feel. Very easy trap to fall into. It's still the most excited I've ever been to be a fan of Alty.

I definitely agree with other posts touching on our rapid progression, and the idea that it may have caught us out in some areas that were underprepared for, both on and off the pitch. No blame or animosity is required really, I would imagine that in comparison to other boards we possess a relatively young and learning board of directors - and management team for that matter.

I see our advertisement for an Operations Director as a big step forward. It could be a critical role.

I think they know what they're doing, they've gotten us this far after all.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »

I think that a more considered view of the situation results-wise will only be possible when we have played some of the teams that are not likely to be vying for promotion play-offs at the end of the season, say in a month or so.  At that point I expect some calm to have been restored, which will give us the opportunity to look to next season secure in the knowledge that we will remain a part of the NL.  I'm pleased that the majority posting on this topic are still backing PP; I can't help thinking that one or two others must exist in a state where they are permanently at odds with everything going on around them. 

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2022, 11:06:24 AM »

OK so we've taken some hidings but there aren't many games in our recent stretch where we'd have expected to pick up points - even if we were safely in mid-table.

Southend (H) was a disappointment, and in better times we might have expected something from Torquay (H).

The late equaliser at Barnet was the biggest sickener - and it sounded like we dominated most of that game.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2022, 03:53:53 PM »

I agree with a lot of what is said here. This is now effectively FL3 in my view, and the movement of clubs up and down the divisions is more striking and fluid than ever. You can't compare this division now even with the old conference of the 90s and certainly not with the NPL of the 60s and 70s. The structures and set ups were completely different.

There is no way this is a broken club, the attendances and off the pitch commercial action show that. Over 3,500 for a midweek game with Solihull spoke volumes about how we have progressed. This is a very different club from the one a few years ago and it's far better for it.

But as has been said, we have come a long way in a very short time and things have caught up with us. I am optimistic that we will come through this, the overall mood is positive and pragmatic on the whole and I think we have the right people at the top.

As for PP, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but this season has been appalling at times (money or not) and what he has done at lower levels can only count for so much.

Some very sensible observations there.

If the adjective 'broken' could ever have been applied to the club in recent times, then I suggest that it would have been when we had just endured two successive relegations and found ourselves slumming it in the Evo-Stik League rather than as a synopsis of our current predicament.

Notwithstanding our recent on-field woes, we still enjoy a nine-point advantage over Weymouth and February does present us with a decent opportunity to allay any relegation concerns.

I suspect that the close season will witness a major reorganisation, as next season will surely present an even more daunting task if we do remain as a part-time team (especially if two full-time teams from the trio of Gateshead, Kidderminster Harriers and AFC Fylde should get promoted).

I would hope that the board will scrutinise the performance of the management team, particularly in light of the substandard recruitment this season. The tail should not be allowed to wag the dog.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parkinson