PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford players
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hereford players  (Read 8977 times)

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford players
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2022, 09:46:43 PM »

That's a good question AA. Where is Chris senior?

Also with rain due soon do we still have those covers we bought?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2022, 10:08:20 PM »

That's a good question AA. Where is Chris senior?

Also with rain due soon do we still have those covers we bought?
there is another thread with a rumour that he is at Darlington but I have not seen any evidence to support this .

In terms of the covers the rumour is they are the new roof for the much anticipated fan zone

ParkINson's red and white army

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2022, 10:25:02 PM »

THE COVERS! Excellent call SA why are we not using them more?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2022, 10:46:05 PM »

Because they contravene Trafford Council health and safety regulations. When the covers are rolled up at the edge of the pitch they are deemed to be a trip hazard for our dainty footballers.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2022, 11:22:17 PM »

And for my part, I think you've been all over the place with some of your comments (and lacking in empathy). It's just an opinion about Digie. Since when did someone have to be an expert to have one? Maybe I will have to make detailed notes...

Well, at least that way it would enable you to recall all of Digie's blunders and save you from posting a ludicrously inaccurate panegyric about his performance!

He'd need a bloody big notepad.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2022, 11:39:56 PM »

And for my part, I think you've been all over the place with some of your comments (and lacking in empathy). It's just an opinion about Digie. Since when did someone have to be an expert to have one? Maybe I will have to make detailed notes...

Well, at least that way it would enable you to recall all of Digie's blunders and save you from posting a ludicrously inaccurate panegyric about his performance!
Look, it was just a gut reaction based on what I saw of his second half performance. I was still eating my food when the second goal scored so didn't see it properly. I missed the second mistake for some reason - maybe I mixed him up with Bercoe who I think had been playing some of the game in that position.

For the sake of argument, let's say he does make too many mistakes, that he is awkward on the ball and never going to learn. It brings us back to why management brought him in and played him. My theory would be something like this: they were short of players, it is difficult to persuade a team to release one of their best players during the season so they thought they would take a gamble on Digie and see if they could make something of him (and it sounded like Parky pretty much said that in the interview), and knowing that he might be exposed against the likes of County but believing he could do a job at least against the lesser teams. They would have a go at improving him and see where they were at the end of the season. Could it have been something like this, and if Digie is not good enough, how hard would it be to find someone who was significantly better?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 11:43:31 PM »

Intelligent debate isn't a possibility with Hugh, JD.

He keeps talking though and we keep on having to have his baseless beliefs rammed down our throats on a forum about f**king football for Christ's sake.

Can we not just go back to asking where Chris senior is? Or making puns based on the opposition defenders name? Or he can keep it up and this forum can become even more like 4chan.

Sounds like you want to ban me from commenting on first team players as well! That's not how it works though. The point is for someone like me to throw out an idea. People more knowledgeable about the matter can discuss it, put me right if necessary. I will learn something, and hopefully a few other people who happen to be reading the comments might learn something too. What's so bad about that?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2022, 11:46:37 PM »

Because they contravene Trafford Council health and safety regulations. When the covers are rolled up at the edge of the pitch they are deemed to be a trip hazard for our dainty footballers.

Reminds me of Burnden Park. There was a big slope down from the edge of the pitch, as I remember, and I used to think, surely that's not safe? A bit different from their new ground!

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 11:35:25 AM »

If we use the covers as a roof won't we still get wet? I believe they have holes in them. Maybe the board could clarify this for the fans?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »

He keeps talking though and we keep on having to have his baseless beliefs rammed down our throats on a forum about f**king football for Christ's sake.

Can we not just go back to asking where Chris senior is? Or making puns based on the opposition defenders name? Or he can keep it up and this forum can become even more like 4chan.
you mean naked attraction? ;)
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 03:20:38 PM »

Sounds like you want to ban me from commenting on first team players as well! That's not how it works though. The point is for someone like me to throw out an idea. People more knowledgeable about the matter can discuss it, put me right if necessary. I will learn something, and hopefully a few other people who happen to be reading the comments might learn something too. What's so bad about that?

Not liking what someone says doesn't mean they are wrong or what they say should be dismissed summarily.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 03:53:54 PM »

It's ok JD you don't need to protect him, he's a big boy capable of making his own mistakes... That's plain to see for all at this point

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »

No need to be patronising
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford players