PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford players
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hereford players  (Read 8938 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford players
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 11:23:45 AM »

Regardless of who conducts the interviews, I would be amazed if our management picked out specific players for criticism. We can do that for ourselves !

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »

Regardless of who conducts the interviews, I would be amazed if our management picked out specific players for criticism. We can do that for ourselves !

Nobody said criticism, it said comment on. Phil parkinson spoke at length on Adam Porter.

I'd love to have heard why he opted for Toby in CM against Stockport.

It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2022, 11:57:27 AM »

Nobody said criticism, it said comment on. Phil parkinson spoke at length on Adam Porter.

You and a few others mate

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 01:01:55 PM »

It's hard to tell which posts from you make you look more delusional.

Be nice if you could actually contribute to the discussion sometimes.

You are right I promised myself I'd only make you look silly on your covidiot rants. I'll leave others to tell you how terrible you are at spotting football talent.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 01:34:16 PM »

While I take your point, I'm really saying that PP wouldn't comment on an individual player in a negative manner while that player remains in the first team squad.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 04:29:45 PM »

It was PP that decided to play him out of position. It would be harsh to then go on and criticise him.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »

I mentioned an unsettled team. The first Torquay goal would appear to be a case in point - new player Osborne and new player Berkoe both apparently pointing the finger, in one case while the ball was still in play. Would this sort of thing happen if we had a settled team?

It would also be interesting to hear from management about Digie. Presumably they know more about it than any of us, and they must have their reasons for playing him. What is their thinking?

And just out of interest, perhaps AA (or anyone else) would like to tell me if Digie made any other mistakes after the second goal, or if it was just the one mistake in 40 minutes of football, and also say what else he did. Very difficult for me to prove anything from just brief highlights and my memories (maybe I should make notes next time if people are going to be so fussy).

Hannigan is injured.

Certainly I wouldn't expect Digie to play at the moment if Sutton and Hannigan were fit, available and on form. The thing is, longer term can Digie be a decent player at this level if he cuts out the mistakes? Is that likely, or is he being used as an emergency measure?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 09:38:33 PM »

Not necessarily criticism but  the thinking behind signing and playing him. i agree it would be unusual and probably bad for morale to slaughter an individual player for mistakes.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2022, 10:16:59 PM »

You are right I promised myself I'd only make you look silly on your covidiot rants. I'll leave others to tell you how terrible you are at spotting football talent.

Oh, you mean my concerns (which you have failed to adequately address) about the biggest policy and social disaster of modern times that has been ruining football?

So you don't wish to say anything further about Digie then? What about my other points on Asian players or the FA Cup or African cup? I thought they were worth discussing anyway, but somehow it just seems to have got back to slating Digie (or in your case deriding my legitimate concerns about the totalitarian measures of recent times that have been afflicting the game, the same as you have derided people's concerns on other issues).

I accept that for whatever reason, Digie has been making too many bad mistakes that have cost us, the point is whether he did as badly as all that for 40 minutes after the second goal (yes there was one more bad mistake at least but I think there were some good things too) and whether Parky can make a decent player out of him. I seem to remember Micky Hayde could hardly pass at all as I recall, whilst Shepherd could pass but only with his right foot. Maybe it's not as easy as we imagine to get good passing defenders, I don't know. If he was the finished article he would go to someone like Stockport, I suppose management feel they just have to take a chance on players sometimes and hope they can do something with them. I still think some of those mistakes can be cut out with training ground work and a settled team. I remember back in 1997 when we had nearly a whole team out and were forced to play some very Strange(!) teams. It must be extremely disruptive and unsettling having so many players out.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 10:43:17 PM by Hugh »

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 08:36:42 AM »

I accept that for whatever reason, Digie has been making too many bad mistakes that have cost us, the point is whether he did as badly as all that for 40 minutes after the second goal (yes there was one more bad mistake at least but I think there were some good things too)

It doesn't matter if he is fantastic for the rest of the game. A defender cannot go making 1 or 2 mistakes every other game that leads to goals. I don't think it is something that can be cut out either. He looks awkward on the ball. You can't fix that unless he hoofs it out every time he touches the ball, rightly or wrongly we don't play like that. He doesn't suit us

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 09:58:07 AM »

Oh, you mean my concerns (which you have failed to adequately address) about the biggest policy and social disaster of modern times that has been ruining football?

So you don't wish to say anything further about Digie then? What about my other points on Asian players or the FA Cup or African cup? I thought they were worth discussing anyway, but somehow it just seems to have got back to slating Digie (or in your case deriding my legitimate concerns about the totalitarian measures of recent times that have been afflicting the game, the same as you have derided people's concerns on other issues).

I accept that for whatever reason, Digie has been making too many bad mistakes that have cost us, the point is whether he did as badly as all that for 40 minutes after the second goal (yes there was one more bad mistake at least but I think there were some good things too) and whether Parky can make a decent player out of him. I seem to remember Micky Hayde could hardly pass at all as I recall, whilst Shepherd could pass but only with his right foot. Maybe it's not as easy as we imagine to get good passing defenders, I don't know. If he was the finished article he would go to someone like Stockport, I suppose management feel they just have to take a chance on players sometimes and hope they can do something with them. I still think some of those mistakes can be cut out with training ground work and a settled team. I remember back in 1997 when we had nearly a whole team out and were forced to play some very Strange(!) teams. It must be extremely disruptive and unsettling having so many players out.
No one will adequately answer in a counter argument to your beliefs because you are unwilling to see when you are wrong. Case in point - dIgIe iS a GoOd fOOtBaLLeR.

I don't comment further than what I see on highlights, because, and here is the kicker pal; You should make sure you understand something well before trying to be an expert on it. I've lost count of how many times you've said "I don't recall X" only for people to show you that you need to be better at doing a simple google.

Seriously man, you make yourself look more idiotic every day. You are completely irrational.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 03:28:32 PM »

And for my part, I think you've been all over the place with some of your comments (and lacking in empathy). It's just an opinion about Digie. Since when did someone have to be an expert to have one? Maybe I will have to make detailed notes...

Anything on the other points I made then (and which made the main body of my original post)?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 05:58:19 PM »

No one will adequately answer in a counter argument to your beliefs because you are unwilling to see when you are wrong. Case in point - dIgIe iS a GoOd fOOtBaLLeR.

I don't comment further than what I see on highlights, because, and here is the kicker pal; You should make sure you understand something well before trying to be an expert on it. I've lost count of how many times you've said "I don't recall X" only for people to show you that you need to be better at doing a simple google.

Seriously man, you make yourself look more idiotic every day. You are completely irrational.

There's intelligent debate...and there's replies like this!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 06:50:33 PM »

And for my part, I think you've been all over the place with some of your comments (and lacking in empathy). It's just an opinion about Digie. Since when did someone have to be an expert to have one? Maybe I will have to make detailed notes...

Well, at least that way it would enable you to recall all of Digie's blunders and save you from posting a ludicrously inaccurate panegyric about his performance!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2022, 09:37:34 PM »

Intelligent debate isn't a possibility with Hugh, JD.

He keeps talking though and we keep on having to have his baseless beliefs rammed down our throats on a forum about f**king football for Christ's sake.

Can we not just go back to asking where Chris senior is? Or making puns based on the opposition defenders name? Or he can keep it up and this forum can become even more like 4chan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford players