PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 15134 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 02:18:01 PM »

It could also just be that his one month loan period has come to an end (he went to Curzon just before Xmas) and we've decided it's served its purpose.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 02:33:06 PM »

Interesting we've opted to bring back Tom Peers; you'd assume AJLS or Hulme (Who seemed to be out in a restaurant last night when you'd assume we'd have a session), might not be available.

Seen that on Insta as well, made me think Jordan might be injured, looked like he may have tweaked his groin last week to me.. but no expert..

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 05:46:55 PM »

Interesting we've opted to bring back Tom Peers; you'd assume AJLS or Hulme (Who seemed to be out in a restaurant last night when you'd assume we'd have a session), might not be available.

Maybe Jordan was having a session!  ;) ;) ;)

Could be a symptom of an injury if poss unable to train.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 11:53:35 PM »

I don't want to alarm anybody, but Moors striker Andrew Dallas has scored 8 goals in their last 2 games. The whole Alty team has scored the same total in their last TEN games. If Kennedy Donkey plays on Saturday we're in deep in the brown and pungent.

I saw that in the match preview (or was it view from the other side?) and thought, we're going to struggle tomorrow. I hope we can have a good go again like against Torquay, but I fear the worst.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 11:58:09 PM »

Can we pay on the gate tomorrow?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2022, 12:00:17 AM »

You could possibly trace our run of form right back to the reverse fixture, being forced to play despite our COVID issues. Football is a funny old game and there would be something quite romantic about it all coming full circle on Saturday. It's very hard to see that happening but as HashtagAlty says, all we can do is support.

Solihull are absolutely not the type of opposition you want when you're struggling. Physical side that will press, harass and frustrate with a great defensive record. We haven't dealt with being pressed and teams have cottoned on to the weakness.

I'd take any form of result.

It can happen, you know. I remember against Macc a few years back at the Moss Rose. We were struggling, with players out, Macc were going for the title and made a huge effort to move the snow and get the game on to try and take advantage. And then Dean Pritchar scored a hattrick as we won 3-2 (or 2-3!). And after all, we only narrowly got beat with 13 players unavailable earlier this season. And there were some encouraging signs against an in form Torquay. You just never know. Don't give up on it quite yet Wayno!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 12:07:52 AM »

Can we pay on the gate tomorrow?

According to the official site we can. 12 pounds too apparently for some reason. I may try and go.

As for Peers, coming off the bench, he does seem to make things happen sometimes against a tight defence. With Solihull apparently having the tightest of tight defences, bringing Peers on could be our best bet tommorrow (if we're still in the game by then). I haven't seen anything from the Curzon-Chester game, but if he scored twice, that would seem to suggest he's in fine fettle.

Edit. I've just watched the first Solihull game. It looks like Peers was causing them a few problems. Might he just be our Dean Pritchard tomorrow (and we never expected Pritchard to score those goals either)?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:16:51 AM by Hugh »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2022, 02:24:16 PM »

Starting XI: Tony Thompson, Elliot Osborne, Josh Hancock, Ryan Colclough, Ben Pringle, Kennedy Digie, Jamie Morgan, Tom Peers, Kevin Berkoe, Toby Mullarkey, Isaac Marriott. Subs: Shaun Densmore, Jake Moult, Dan Mooney, Matty Kosylo, A-Jay Leitch-Smith.
no,Hulme?????
Harold

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2022, 02:41:59 PM »

Very pleased that Marriott and Pringle are being given a go, but rather worried about our centre backs and lack of an obvious DM.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2022, 03:03:17 PM »

I'm usually a glass half empty kind of bloke at the best of times as people on here may know by now but, after seeing the team with no Hannigan, Moult, Kosylo, Mooney or Hulme in the starting line up, I seriously fear the absolute worst this afternoon.
Would be over the moon and utterly delighted to be wrong.

HT. 0-4. Looking like I might have been correct up to now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 03:51:20 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2022, 03:54:16 PM »

4 down at half time what an absolute shambles could end up with an 8 nil humiliation here feel for all  fans that have spent there hard earned money to watch this let's not pretend here we are in a relegation battle here and it hurts but you have to put us firm favourites to return back to NLN

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2022, 05:01:15 PM »

Utter shambolic embarrassing disgrace. SBL

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2022, 05:10:45 PM »

I know it's not the time, especially after the embarrassing team selection and 'performance' today, but our fate will not be decided by a game at Solihull, but how we get on against teams in our own little mini league. I think all 3 bottom teams lost again today and we now play a majority of teams in the bottom half.

Yes, things are crap, but we're not down and out yet. In fact, we'll have to try very hard to be relegated given the bottom 3. It's not ideal, but it's something to hang on to. Sacking the manager would not be wise.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »

I know it's not the time, especially after the embarrassing team selection and 'performance' today, but our fate will not be decided by a game at Solihull, but how we get on against teams in our own little mini league. I think all 3 bottom teams lost again today and we now play a majority of teams in the bottom half.

Yes, things are crap, but we're not down and out yet. In fact, we'll have to try very hard to be relegated given the bottom 3. It's not ideal, but it's something to hang on to. Sacking the manager would not be wise.

I'm not sure the selection was embarrassing. With who was fit I would say it was the right 11. Scoreline doesn't tell the full story today but there is no excuse for falling apart like we did.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 05:28:29 PM »

Last season we were all really excited about the style of football and how the team was really going somewhere. Comparing the starting lineup today with that at the first game of the season (Torquay away) there are only four survivors.

With so much upheaval there's no wonder we're looking over our shoulders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread