PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 14397 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2022, 09:45:46 PM »

The first red should never have been given We should appeal that and I would expect it to get withdrawn

Glad to hear that at least. Wouldn't be a good start to an Alty career.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2022, 10:01:45 PM »

If Hulme was actually fit and we agreed in advance to let him have the week off, then I'm sorry but he can f**k off again. We don't need that. We need commitment.

The attitude at the moment is well below what you'd expect. Ryan Colclough spent 70 minutes today sulking and throwing a tantrum. He thinks he is a big fish but he is doing f**k all at the moment.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2022, 10:31:34 PM »

Utter shambolic embarrassing disgrace. SBL

disappointing of course, but they were very good as well. I don't think they had masses of chances, but were utterly ruthless with the ones they did have.

Sorry for commenting without watching the highlights or making notes, but that's my gut reaction.

Let's hope for a strong reaction in what is looking like a very important match against Woking.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2022, 10:45:29 PM »

We seem to have picked up a lot of cards today. Solihull had a clean sheet. Were we desperate or just late with the tackles?

I thought that Bercoe got to the ball first for his sending off, but I assume he was adjudged to have gone in dangerously. I doubt whether it would have been even a yellow card back in the day, certainly not with some of those NPL refs we used to get. The player he went in with made out he'd got injured in the challenge, but surprisingly enough, when the trainer came on, it turned out he was ok.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:56:23 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2022, 10:50:18 PM »

Jordan Hulme on a stag do. Absolutely shambolic and tinpot as hell that, what’s happened to the culture we’ve witnessed over the last few seasons. It’s gone, there no retrieving it now, let them go, let’s say our thanks and bring someone in who knows the level, as the form over the last 18 months is disgraceful!

If this is true, cancel his contract and play Peers till we signed a striker.

In a month where we lost Cardwell to a relegation rival who've won 3 in a month, this ins unacceptable.

It’s how far we’ve sunk as a club that we signed an ex player who left on bad terms because our recruitment strategy is absolutely woeful. Hasn’t scored a goal for a year and the f***s off on a jolly boys outing on the weekend of a massive game like this. We’ve become an embarrassment but not as embarrassing PP allowing this to happen!

Surely players are allowed a day off for a special occasion?

My friend the FC Halifax Town assistant manager was allowed a week off by Pete Wilde during the season for a conference. Ridiculous to speak of sacking Hulme, especially in our position, unless there's something more to it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:58:49 PM by Hugh »

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2022, 11:13:22 PM »

Only positive from today was that it only cost me a tenner to get in.

Team selections, tactics and formations are now bewildering. Today there was also a lack of effort. We looked like a forlorn NLP team out of its depth against higher opposition. We were playing Solihull Moors.

I will be forever grateful for what Phil has done for Alty but if there is anyone else out there that can galvanise the team for the remaining fixtures, bring them in. There is a risk involved but there is also a chance we will never get back out of the league below if we go down.

Worst I’ve seen us play today in ages. I’m pissed off.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2022, 11:25:58 PM »

Jordan Hulme on a stag do. Absolutely shambolic and tinpot as hell that, what’s happened to the culture we’ve witnessed over the last few seasons. It’s gone, there no retrieving it now, let them go, let’s say our thanks and bring someone in who knows the level, as the form over the last 18 months is disgraceful!

Our form since July 2020? We've had at least two good runs in that time.

Neil Sorvel was at Macc wasn't he? I'd be surprised if it was a lack of knowledge of this level that is the problem. As 've said, there was a similar situation in 1997 where we had massive upheaval of the squad and went down after having been comfortably midtable, so it isn't really surprising if we are struggling, especially given the quality of opposition. I was hoping we would have better luck with injuries etc. this season but sadly it hasn't worked out like that. I don't know if there is a reason for it, but it is a problem at the moment - and got worse today with the sendings off.

Anyway, on the bright side, Digie made no really serious mistakes today like in previous matches, at least not for the first half goals
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:29:11 PM by Hugh »

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2022, 11:30:19 PM »

We were pretty good for the first 10 minutes, gave them a soft goal and then ref conned by a rolling player and Solihull coming running in entirely unnecessarily. With the red card all our belief disappeared which is not surprising given the run we’re on.

The ref was unbelievably one eyed. Every time we went for a tackle he blew for a free kick. Utterly farcical

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2022, 08:57:06 AM »

To Salford Alty. I think that you are right that only three go down. On Sky sports last night I noticed that a line was drawn just above the bottom three. I thought that four drop being replaced by two from National North and two from National South. Can someone explain please SBL

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2022, 09:07:46 AM »

The league only has 23 clubs at the moment after the Macclesfield debacle. 3 down and 4 up will restore it to 24.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2022, 09:33:04 AM »

In a month where we lost Cardwell to a relegation rival who've won 3 in a month, this ins unacceptable.

It’s how far we’ve sunk as a club that we signed an ex player who left on bad terms because our recruitment strategy is absolutely woeful. Hasn’t scored a goal for a year and the f***s off on a jolly boys outing on the weekend of a massive game like this. We’ve become an embarrassment but not as embarrassing PP allowing this to happen!

My friend the FC Halifax Town assistant manager was allowed a week off by Pete Wilde during the season for a conference. Ridiculous to speak of sacking Hulme, especially in our position, unless there's something more to it.

Last time I checked, an assistant manager doesn't score goals.
It's all my fault.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2022, 10:27:01 AM »

Last time I checked, an assistant manager doesn't score goals.
neither does Jordan of late it would seem
Come on you red and white........

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2022, 01:00:38 PM »

Thank you SR. It may be our saving grace! SBL

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »

As others have said, we still have to play games against the bottom three. Win them (I know!) and we're fine.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2022, 02:43:21 PM »

As others have said, we still have to play games against the bottom three. Win them (I know!) and we're fine.
amen
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread