PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 15501 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 05:33:42 PM »

I know it's not the time, especially after the embarrassing team selection and 'performance' today, but our fate will not be decided by a game at Solihull, but how we get on against teams in our own little mini league. I think all 3 bottom teams lost again today and we now play a majority of teams in the bottom half.

Yes, things are crap, but we're not down and out yet. In fact, we'll have to try very hard to be relegated given the bottom 3. It's not ideal, but it's something to hang on to. Sacking the manager would not be wise.

Thing is PP and NS are full time managers now and unfortunately the one's who have to take full responsibility after all the good PP and NS have done for the club I agree sacking them at this stage is not wise just hope they haven't lost the dressing room confidence must be at a very low point at this stage will we stay up? Not sure but quite a few need shipping out even if we escape by the skin of our teeth.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 05:54:16 PM »

It's not interesting hashtag, it's depressing
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2022, 05:55:20 PM »

We left it well too late to remove the managerial team last time we went down from this level, however we're not at that point yet.

As already discussed, our 'mini league' starts now - and I suspect we might stay up almost by default anyway.

If we start next season slowly, I suspect the serious conversation can start there. Hopefully we'll never get to that point, and I suspect we might not.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2022, 06:23:00 PM »

Let's be realistic. Since we won at Southport in the FA Cup on 16th October, we've played 20 games in all competitions. We won just one of them - against opposition who played three quarters of the game with 10 men. We've managed 5 draws, and we've lost the remaining 14 games. Three of those games in cup ties were against lower division opponents, and we failed to win any of them.

I honestly believe that we will not win another game this season, and that we're basically in a dogfight with Weymouth for the third relegation spot.

If we lose at home to Woking next Saturday, and Maidenhead beat Eastleigh at home, we'll drop to 19th. If Wealdstone get anything in the following midweek at home to Yeovil, we'll be 20th.

Morale seems to really low, and that's perfectly understandable, but we can make all the excuses we like - the fact is that we're simply nowhere near good enough to survive on our own merits. We will only survive if others fail.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2022, 06:36:42 PM »

Let's be realistic. Since we won at Southport in the FA Cup on 16th October, we've played 20 games in all competitions. We won just one of them - against opposition who played three quarters of the game with 10 men. We've managed 5 draws, and we've lost the remaining 14 games. Three of those games in cup ties were against lower division opponents, and we failed to win any of them.

I honestly believe that we will not win another game this season, and that we're basically in a dogfight with Weymouth for the third relegation spot.

If we lose at home to Woking next Saturday, and Maidenhead beat Eastleigh at home, we'll drop to 19th. If Wealdstone get anything in the following midweek at home to Yeovil, we'll be 20th.

Morale seems to really low, and that's perfectly understandable, but we can make all the excuses we like - the fact is that we're simply nowhere near good enough to survive on our own merits. We will only survive if others fail.

Our saving grace is that only 3 go down. Weymouth and KL don't seem to have enough to pull it back. The next 4 games will tell us a lot. Its do or die now

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2022, 06:45:24 PM »

We seem to have picked up a lot of cards today. Solihull had a clean sheet. Were we desperate or just late with the tackles?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2022, 07:07:16 PM »

For the games that matter coming up, we either need to recall Sutton or bring in a centre back on loan.

As an aside, where on earth are White and Hampson. It seems that for the past couple of seasons, we have players who are constantly unavailable. I mean, they appear for a week and then disappear for months.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 07:46:06 PM »

Spot on.

At this rate, a bizarre scenario in which we fail to win another game this season and yet still finish 10 points above relegated Weymouth is entirely possible!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 07:47:39 PM »

Jordan Hulme on a stag do. Absolutely shambolic and tinpot as hell that, what’s happened to the culture we’ve witnessed over the last few seasons. It’s gone, there no retrieving it now, let them go, let’s say our thanks and bring someone in who knows the level, as the form over the last 18 months is disgraceful!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2022, 08:11:19 PM »

Jordan Hulme on a stag do. Absolutely shambolic and tinpot as hell that, what’s happened to the culture we’ve witnessed over the last few seasons. It’s gone, there no retrieving it now, let them go, let’s say our thanks and bring someone in who knows the level, as the form over the last 18 months is disgraceful!

If this is true, cancel his contract and play Peers till we signed a striker.

In a month where we lost Cardwell to a relegation rival who've won 3 in a month, this ins unacceptable.

It's all my fault.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 08:17:07 PM »

In a month where we lost Cardwell to a relegation rival who've won 3 in a month, this ins unacceptable.

It’s how far we’ve sunk as a club that we signed an ex player who left on bad terms because our recruitment strategy is absolutely woeful. Hasn’t scored a goal for a year and the f***s off on a jolly boys outing on the weekend of a massive game like this. We’ve become an embarrassment but not as embarrassing PP allowing this to happen!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 08:35:14 PM »

I left the game 10 mins from the end, I haven’t done that for many a year. Consequently I missed the second sending off, my other half did say when Kossy came on at half time, that this was a good scenario for him to see Red.

The ref was poor
The linesman on the side where we we stood was poor.
Finally and the more worrying, the team were poor today.

It doesn’t matter what the manager says about us struggling against full times teams etc. This league is basically a league for teams who are full time and have a few quid. It’s very romantic to believe that a club like us can live with the likes of Chesterfield, Notts County, Stockport & Wrexham, (we have and can cause upsets) but like most things in this world nowadays, if you ain’t got plenty of cash to spend then it’s more of a fantasy than a likelihood.

Currently, I think we haven’t got the resources to go full time, I do think that the intention is to go full time but until we do, surviving in this league has to be the primary target.  I know things are grim at present but remember one thing, Dover, Kings Lynn and Weymouth would love to swap places with us, they too are playing poorly, that is why they are where they are. I don’t believe we are in a relegation battle just now, but, we need to beat these three clubs when we play them in the very near future, if not then we will be in a relegation battle.

I would like to know what plans are afoot to enable us to go full time ie who is likely to invest in the club to fund future plans.

I don’t think sacking Phil & Neil is a wise thing at the present time as I have said previously they haven’t got the resources to go out and get a Dallas, Sarcevic or Tshimanga, it’s a bloody hard league this folks, frustrating yes, but hey, we knew this before we started this adventure,
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:38:10 PM by distancetraveller »

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »

We seem to have picked up a lot of cards today. Solihull had a clean sheet. Were we desperate or just late with the tackles?

One of the bookings was for clearing the ball against the oppositions shins who them fell to the floor. That tells you all you need to know about the quality of the ref. I said at half time that kosylo wouldn’t last the half because this ref would wind him up to destruction or send him off for nothing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2022, 09:11:08 PM »

The first red should never have been given We should appeal that and I would expect it to get withdrawn

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2022, 09:42:56 PM »

Hasn't Jordan Hulme got a groin injury so had no chance of playing this weekend anyway?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread