PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Stockport Match Thread  (Read 15785 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »

Still. Nothing FROM PARKINSON

I doubt we will. Yes it was sh*te but you aren't gonna get an apology after a dicking from county

Front up and apologise. Don't storm off down the tunnel after a meek apology to Toby.

Gone are the days where players cared enough to be angry at a defeat, just a small hand clap so they can be seen to applaud the fans.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »

I distinctly remember Robbie Lawton coming right over to the perimeter fencing to front up after the 5-0 defeat at Eastbourne. Those days, and those types, are gone. I'm not saying the two results are comparable but we've still not had a word from Moult throughout this run. Programme column doesn't count, it's probably ghost written.

I said a few weeks back I can take or leave a Parky interview at this point. I would however really appreciate it if we could hear from some of our senior players. Let me put it plainly, this squad does not have anywhere near the connection with the fans that previous ones did. We need to do more to rebuild this. Results will obviously help, but I'd like to know more about how this has been for them. Maybe I'm on my own in that.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:19:19 AM by Andrew Flynn »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »

I distinctly remember Robbie Lawton coming right over to the perimeter fencing to front up after the 5-0 defeat at Eastbourne. Those days, and those types, are gone. I'm not saying the two results are comparable but we've still not a word from Moult throughout this run. Programme column doesn't count, it's probably ghost written.

I said a few weeks back I can take or leave a Parky interview at this point. I would however really appreciate it if we could hear from some of our senior players. Let me put it plainly, this squad does not have anywhere near the connection with the fans that previous ones did. We need to do more to rebuild this. Results will obviously help, but I'd like to know more about how this has been for them. Maybe I'm on my own in that.

And Densmore against Trafford.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 09:24:28 AM »

I distinctly remember Robbie Lawton coming right over to the perimeter fencing to front up after the 5-0 defeat at Eastbourne. Those days, and those types, are gone. I'm not saying the two results are comparable but we've still not had a word from Moult throughout this run. Programme column doesn't count, it's probably ghost written.

Good point Andrew, we would get a more balanced view of whats happening.

On the program, the columns are written at least a week before the game so of little relevance anymore. The silence is deafening and after a run of poor results we need to hear from the club, it definitely helps with our healing process and guides us to the next encounter  :D, well for me anyway.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »

This wasn't just a defeat like Boston (A), this is 2 hammerings in a local Derby.

The silence tells me everything I need to know.
It's all my fault.

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:16 AM »

This 👌

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »

This wasn't just a defeat like Boston (A), this is 2 hammerings in a local Derby.

But whose silence is it exactly? If Phil did an interview immediately after the game (as he generally does) and it just hasn't appeared yet, I don't see how you could lay that at his door.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 10:37:24 AM »

Absolutely this. I’m not sure if it’s maybe Covid related but have been wondering for a while if Flynny (B) will get to interview any of the playing staff after our matches.

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »

It really shouldn't be underestimated how far it goes. The reason we were so together in the Evo-Stik season was because we got to know those lads through the regular post match interviews and how approachable they were after game. That then carried into the NLN. Now I know we aren't in Kansas anymore and I appreciate COVID has had an impact on our ability to 'mingle' but there's no excuse as far as I can see for not putting the players on after a game.

Either it's an oversight or we're actively taking them out of the firing line.

I fully believe that the vast majority of players care deeply and are probably hurt / embarrassed about this run, what I'm saying is we wouldn't really know at the moment beyond PP mentioning "they're really hurting in the dressing room", to roughly quote. I'm sure they are, let's give them a platform to tell us what's going on.

Anyone who knows me will know I have a full appreciation for how much time and effort goes into recording, editing and uploading the interviews (all of which is still done to a superb standard, for free) but it's become the Parky Show this season and it's boring.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 12:05:11 PM »

Get Parkinson on KGR podcast.

But whose silence is it exactly? If Phil did an interview immediately after the game (as he generally does) and it just hasn't appeared yet, I don't see how you could lay that at his door.

Personally I don't see the club are seperate entities, if Phil's done an interview and fronted up, he really should be doing it in a format that's easily to share, such as written website content ( a 5 minute upload via our many media team) or if there's an insistence on it being recorded, use sound cloud and upload raw.

Only if it was video, and tbh I think we'd prioritise editing that over highlights, would a delay be merited.

We were quick enough to get a sycophantic wank fest about our rivals on the website.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2022, 02:25:09 PM »

Phils interview in link.

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/alty-tv-highlights-phil-parkinson-interview-altrincham-1-stockport-county-4

Bit samey, although clears Jordan up as why not come on. Doesn't talk of strategy which is disappointing to understand why we started Toby where he was.

Love Brian as interviewer but we need tougher questions.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2022, 02:33:50 PM »

I love Brian as an interviewer too, but the first 4 minutes of the Boxing Day game interview was a bit like a mutual Stockport FC appreciation society - I switched off.

I'd probably prefer the questions to be a little more forensic, though I'm not sure Brian would necessarily see this as being his role.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2022, 02:47:51 PM »

9 minutes I won't get back. Not even a hint of an apology.

Bore off Parkinson talking about resources. You're probably the most backed manager since our title chasing sqaud in the 90s.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:11:26 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2022, 03:12:04 PM »

9 minutes I won't get back. Not even a hint of an apology.

Bore off Parkinson talking about resources. You were fine last season against Stockport. We should have drawn with Grimsby.

This is harsh. Whilst I agree that it isn’t a great idea for Parky to use the full time part time excuse too much as it can become an ingrained defeatist approach, we have to be realistic and realise that some of the teams we are up against wouldn’t look out of place in League 1. There are some powerhouse teams in this league and overall Parky has done a fantastic job. Do you think there is a manager out there that with the resources we have that could do a better job?
I personally wouldn’t have selected the same team against Stockport but I also don't feel as if he should be apologising in any way for his team selection or losing a couple of games of football against Stockport.

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2022, 03:34:25 PM »

Sorry to say I found it to be a really tough listen. A worrying listen. Hopefully it's just because it was in the aftermath of defeat because if that's representative of the general vibe around the place then we are in serious trouble.

It is thoroughly depressing to have the leader of the club come across so resigned to and acceptant of defeat against a team in our league. Worlds most resources or not, squad of Avengers or not, we are in this league on merit and I expect us to go into every game with the positive belief that we can achieve a result. Toby Mullarkey in midfield, man. Come on now. Side note - I really thought we'd have been given some insight into that, bit of a let down.

We have always known what we are relative to some of the powers in this league but the problem is we appear to have lost the belief that we can go toe to toe with them. As we did with Notts County. As we did with Grimsby. At Chesterfield. The next thing you know that self doubt creeps into winnable game, and here we are.

Grimsby on Saturday, another big club with a big budget and great squad, albeit underperforming. How are we as fans supposed to turn up to these games expecting a spirited performance from our team when our manager plays down our chances against these sides?

As one of the lads has put in the group chat:

Football is so much about mindset and this leadership style of being a super realist doesn’t cut the mustard. We all know what he’s saying is true - as do the players. But the whole club needs to believe we can perform at a high level consistently, even if doing so is overachieving. This whole “poor us” mantra makes the wins feel like flukes and the defeats feel depressing.

I am absolutely sure that we had a better attitude when the season began, but it has gone missing and it needs to be reignited by Phil and Neil. If we don't get this back then make no mistake we won't be long for the National League. Can't mope about feeling sorry for yourself at this level. We have seen this play out before.

Go back to what got us here in the first place and get at them on Saturday, lads.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread