PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: News..  (Read 13034 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: News..
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2022, 05:31:00 PM »

God knows if Jordan's return will work out or not, but for some reason I feel a bit more optimistic now than I was this morning.

We've had so many duds at 9, what the hell have we got to lose? It's only until the end of the season anyway.

I'm a bit philosophical about the whole thing really. Sure, we could have gambled on a Cockerline or paid a king's ransom for a Carver. Might have worked, might not have worked, same as Jordan.

For what it's worth, I saw Jordan play for Ashton at Bamber earlier in the season...and he ain't changed one bit. Still sharp, still hungry, still making defenders work hard...

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2022, 07:07:31 PM »

God knows if Jordan's return will work out or not, but for some reason I feel a bit more optimistic now than I was this morning.

We've had so many duds at 9, what the hell have we got to lose? It's only until the end of the season anyway.

I'm a bit philosophical about the whole thing really. Sure, we could have gambled on a Cockerline or paid a king's ransom for a Carver. Might have worked, might not have worked, same as Jordan.

For what it's worth, I saw Jordan play for Ashton at Bamber earlier in the season...and he ain't changed one bit. Still sharp, still hungry, still making defenders work hard...

Good post.

We at least know that he will give CB's a game, he won't be as prolific but we may see other's higher up the pitch as he can keep hold of it.

CBs didn't have to break sweat against Dinanga.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2022, 07:40:21 PM »

The only real problem as I see it here, and that’s if it’s true what I’ve been told, is that we’ve had to pay 100% of his Fylde wage, which apparently is in the region of £700/£800 per week. Now I know we’re desperate for a striker, and I mean absolutely desperate and I know that PP has got the likes of Fitzpatrick, Peersy and Dinanga off the books, but with EO and JH coming in on the money they are, the Jordan one is a HUGE risk on that kind of money.

Anyway, I’m pretty happy with these two, I think they’ll provide us with the ammunition we’ve been craving. Good luck boys

I'd be sacking my agent for 800 a week at Fylde.
We've alledgedly had plenty of other players on similar.

Colclough won't be here for a packet of skips.
It's all my fault.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »

Sorry I couldn't resist it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrPY2nrgijY

Opportunity Knocks for Alty!  (Older fans will see what I did there). This recording was released in 1973 and season 74/75 saw us begin what is regarded to be the most successful 10 years in the club's history.

I am chuffed to bits that Jordan is back and I know that he will deliver.  I will never forget how he bossed Portsmouth and how close we came to getting a result there. Osbourne looks like he could be special and I'm really looking forwards to seeing Hulme, Colclough and Hancock on the same team.  Morgan still needs to win me over.  We have made some bad defensive signings this season and I hope that this is not just another one.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2022, 09:20:17 PM »

Inevitably, the focus on here is on the resurrection of Jordan Hulme...whilst overlooking the fact that we have kept only two clean sheets all season (and the last one of those occurred on Saturday, 9th October).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:22:02 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2022, 09:32:05 PM »

Hopefully, Osborne can contribute to the better protection of the back four. Fingers crossed 🤞
(fully fledged glass half full now eh?) 😏
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2022, 10:05:47 PM »

Hope he has full vaccination

At least we won't be playing in Australia!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2022, 10:09:42 PM »

Knows Phil, great pedigree to get in county championship side, sign for fleetwood and then sign for the league again.

Hulme listed on stockport forum as tomorrows signing. will judge that in 4 weeks after hes scored 3.

Well if he’s a decent cricketer that always puts someone up in my estimation 👍

Get in the off topic with Hugh.

County championship side jack

County championship

😉

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2022, 12:53:58 PM »

The only real problem as I see it here, and that’s if it’s true what I’ve been told, is that we’ve had to pay 100% of his Fylde wage, which apparently is in the region of £700/£800 per week. Now I know we’re desperate for a striker, and I mean absolutely desperate and I know that PP has got the likes of Fitzpatrick, Peersy and Dinanga off the books, but with EO and JH coming in on the money they are, the Jordan one is a HUGE risk on that kind of money.

Anyway, I’m pretty happy with these two, I think they’ll provide us with the ammunition we’ve been craving. Good luck boys

I'd be sacking my agent for 800 a week at Fylde.
We've alledgedly had plenty of other players on similar.

Colclough won't be here for a packet of skips.

If you think about it, we are getting similar crowds now to what Stevenage Borough were getting before they got into the league. Ihey were paying more than that for their top player plus benefits. I still think it's a no brainer to bring Hulme back, the only risk is if he gets injured.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2022, 01:21:52 PM »

In my opinion we can remove the off topic section... no one wants to come on here and talk anything but Alty. Social media has evolved to a point where we can all continue with our lives and Hugh can spiral in to the world of pseudo science and mis-information without polluting this sacred space with his nonsense. I've heard you can use Telegram to talk about this sort of thing... or gab.com I believe that's where the crazies like to live these days.

Back on topic, If it is Hulme we announce today that's fine until the end of the season, but I'm expecting we make a marquee signing in the summer that has all of Jordans traits but in the body of a mid 20's lad rather than mid 30's.

You really are obsessed aren't you? I see you have double standards too. Naturally. As you very well know, other people mention this besides me. Other opinions are valid besides yours and your favoured sources of information. Just because you disagreed with something on the ot forum doesn't mean it should be shut down. Get a grip. (In case you hadn't noticed, this stuff has quite a lot to do with football at the moment anyway, just look at Chester "City".)

Back to the football, when we signed Osbourne, I was going to say, yet another midfielder. But with Hulme coming in, and Mooney and White back, all of a sudden I feel much happier about things. I don't see how we can go down now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 01:25:16 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2022, 01:26:06 PM »

Not wishing to wee on anyone's bonfire but he has not played at this level.
My concern (one of them anyway) is that we would expect more than he is able to deliver despite his outstanding desire and work ethic.
Players who come in as heroes or saviours are amongst the first to come under increased scrutiny and subsequent criticism

He has now!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »

Just had a look in the OT. Crikey. I think I'll stay in here thanks but will say a couple of things.

Firstly Hugh, you understand it's a RESPIRATORY VIRUS... right? Can you understand that much? The tennis lad was more likely to be suffering longer term effects of COVID than adverse effects to the vaccine. If he got Omicron in early December then I'm sure he'll be suffering to exercise like I am - this stuff is serious.

So the vaccines don't work, right?

Let's break the scientific reports into footballing analogy (fair play to Amsterdam Alty for trying).

Being vaccinated is like United having De Gea in goal against City, rather than the youth goalie. You might still lose, but it will be 2-0 instead of 5-0. Hey, if you're lucky you might keep a clean sheet. But it's better than sticking in a youth goalie and hoping for the best.

Secondly, quoting Joey Barton as a voice of reason isn't quite the 'gotcha' you think it is  ;D

Didn't know there was an Other topics section here. Nore will I ever visit that again after the nonsense I have just read.

You click on the link at the bottom of the screen, it'll take you to any of the other forums!

There used to be all sorts on here that was better suited to the other forums, probably not so much these days.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2022, 01:35:25 PM »

Just had a look in the OT. Crikey. I think I'll stay in here thanks but will say a couple of things.

Firstly Hugh, you understand it's a RESPIRATORY VIRUS... right? Can you understand that much? The tennis lad was more likely to be suffering longer term effects of COVID than adverse effects to the vaccine. If he got Omicron in early December then I'm sure he'll be suffering to exercise like I am - this stuff is serious.

So the vaccines don't work, right?

Let's break the scientific reports into footballing analogy (fair play to Amsterdam Alty for trying).

Being vaccinated is like United having De Gea in goal against City, rather than the youth goalie. You might still lose, but it will be 2-0 instead of 5-0. Hey, if you're lucky you might keep a clean sheet. But it's better than sticking in a youth goalie and hoping for the best.

Secondly, quoting Joey Barton as a voice of reason isn't quite the 'gotcha' you think it is  ;D
I'm not getting into all that on here. Suffice to say, much of this stuff is disputed, and I would want to see the evidence. That's the sort of thing the ot section is for though.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »

In my opinion we can remove the off topic section... no one wants to come on here and talk anything but Alty. Social media has evolved to a point where we can all continue with our lives and Hugh can spiral in to the world of pseudo science and mis-information without polluting this sacred space with his nonsense. I've heard you can use Telegram to talk about this sort of thing... or gab.com I believe that's where the crazies like to live these days.

Back on topic, If it is Hulme we announce today that's fine until the end of the season, but I'm expecting we make a marquee signing in the summer that has all of Jordans traits but in the body of a mid 20's lad rather than mid 30's.

You really are obsessed aren't you? I see you have double standards too. Naturally. As you very well know, other people mention this besides me. Other opinions are valid besides yours and your favoured sources of information. Just because you disagreed with something on the ot forum doesn't mean it should be shut down. Get a grip. (In case you hadn't noticed, this stuff has quite a lot to do with football at the moment anyway, just look at Chester "City".)

Back to the football, when we signed Osbourne, I was going to say, yet another midfielder. But with Hulme coming in, and Mooney and White back, all of a sudden I feel much happier about things. I don't see how we can go down now.
Could you do some more posts in the same thread please? You've show yourself to be so level headed recently I value your opinion above all others at this point.

Individual government policy is not equal to vaccine conspiracy misinformation... Stop being a total nut.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2022, 12:28:49 PM »

I'm always completely at a loss where people find these figures that are quoted for player wages.  I admit I'm not privy to the finer details of contact negotiation, but can anyone tell me how they can state figures with such certainty?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News..