PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: News..  (Read 13099 times)

andrewflynn

Re: News..
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 08:43:12 AM »

Hulme returning would work for me if it was a loan until the end of the season on favourable terms for us. A permanent return would be a big step backwards, but I do think he would see us through until the summer.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 09:23:23 AM »

Best striker we've had at Alty since Colin Little, bringing him back is an absolute no-brainer for me. He left to take up an excellent deal and who can blame him. The fact that weve spent 18 months trying to find a replacement and not even come close says how good he was for us. A forward line of Colclough, Mooney, Hancock, Kosylo and Hulme will be a great watch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:25:48 AM by AFC56 »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2022, 09:32:08 AM »

Not wishing to wee on anyone's bonfire but he has not played at this level.
My concern (one of them anyway) is that we would expect more than he is able to deliver despite his outstanding desire and work ethic.
Players who come in as heroes or saviours are amongst the first to come under increased scrutiny and subsequent criticism

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »

In my opinion we can remove the off topic section... no one wants to come on here and talk anything but Alty. Social media has evolved to a point where we can all continue with our lives and Hugh can spiral in to the world of pseudo science and mis-information without polluting this sacred space with his nonsense. I've heard you can use Telegram to talk about this sort of thing... or gab.com I believe that's where the crazies like to live these days.

Back on topic, If it is Hulme we announce today that's fine until the end of the season, but I'm expecting we make a marquee signing in the summer that has all of Jordans traits but in the body of a mid 20's lad rather than mid 30's.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »

In my opinion we can remove the off topic section... no one wants to come on here and talk anything but Alty. Social media has evolved to a point where we can all continue with our lives and Hugh can spiral in to the world of pseudo science and mis-information without polluting this sacred space with his nonsense. I've heard you can use Telegram to talk about this sort of thing... or gab.com I believe that's where the crazies like to live these days.

Back on topic, If it is Hulme we announce today that's fine until the end of the season, but I'm expecting we make a marquee signing in the summer that has all of Jordans traits but in the body of a mid 20's lad rather than mid 30's.

This sums up where I am with it (Hulme, not the other nonsense) - particularly if it gets Josh Hancock's mojo back.

The other lad from Nantwich that's been mentioned has already reached 15 for the season, maybe one to monitor (as I'm sure we're doing already).

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »

Hulme is not the answer. We want to be looking forwards not backwards. It's looking inevitable now though, I can see this ending badly

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »

Hulme is not the answer. We want to be looking forwards not backwards. It's looking inevitable now though, I can see this ending badly

Jordon is more the answer than anyone else who has stepped through the door at Moss Lane in the last 18 Months.

He knows how the system works..

Would you rather we stuck with what we have.

Time to smell the coffee..

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2022, 11:16:48 AM »

Knows Phil, great pedigree to get in county championship side, sign for fleetwood and then sign for the league again.

Hulme listed on stockport forum as tomorrows signing. will judge that in 4 weeks after hes scored 3.

Well if he’s a decent cricketer that always puts someone up in my estimation 👍

Get in the off topic with Hugh.
, I think Joe Palladino was a boxer.

He was, and we had a nifty cricketer play for us not too long ago.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2022, 11:22:04 AM »

He may not have played at this level,but he did do well at portsmouth.
Harold

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »

I don't really understand the 'unproven at this level' or 'looking back' points tbh. He was 100% guaranteed to start last season and I can't remember anyone  saying he needed to be offloaded. I'm not in a position to say whether he's a worse player now after 18 months as a full time professional and I would suggest no-one on here is either. You could've equally argued at the time if you really wanted to, "Matt Kosylo is a step back for us - went pro at Fylde, now wants to go semi-pro at a level where he got relegated". JH is a target man, a goalscorer and he knows the way we play, it's fairly logical to give him a go if available surely?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:48:17 AM by JTH »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2022, 11:53:30 AM »

It's not just his goal scoring, he was a regular late teen scorer while with us. It was also his hold up play, plus the way other players such as Josh Hancock benefitted also. Josh was a late teen to 20 goal scorer, when Jordan was here. Still remember the neat flick in the 18 yard box for Shaun Densmore's goal, can't remember who against. Jordan will adapt to this league, he did have spells when he went a few games without scoring, but always got back on track. I don't think Fylde was the right fit for him, but with our players surrounding him such as Colclough and Kosylo. I think we are a good fit. Just give him a chance (if indeed it is him that's joining).

Plus, we can resurrect his song!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2022, 11:55:39 AM »

Hulme was 31 a couple of months ago. Stretch to call him mid thirties.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 12:10:36 PM »

I'm 71 and I'm still in my mid 50s like you.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 12:17:46 PM »

😱

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 12:18:19 PM »

Have to say I’m not in a hurry to see you trotting out in an Alty kit anytime soon matey 😉
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News..