News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk
 Joey Barton comes out against "vaccine" discrimination

Author Topic: Joey Barton comes out against "vaccine" discrimination  (Read 2272 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:00:42 AM »

In comments critical of Jurgen Klopp and whoever the Manchester United manager is these days, who have said they would consider a player's covid "vaccination" status when signing a player, he affirmed that he would sign players regardless of their personal health choices on the matter, acknowledging that the 25% of EFL players who do not intend to get this medication have their reasons and committing to placing a player's ability first.

Admittedly things are a bit different in the PL with European matches in places like Italy where "unvaccinated" players are not allowed to play (though personally I think in such cases a team from Italy playing a team from a country with different rules should play their home game in a neutral country or forfeit the match if exemption is not granted), bit I  think that Barton, regardless of what he may have done in the past, has made the right call on this one, and I would hate to see Alty missing out on a good player because of his legitimate health choices over a medication being used underr emergency authorisation.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Joey Barton comes out against "vaccine" discrimination
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 09:14:29 AM »

Always been the top of the pile when it came to intelligent footballers... oh no wait, we're talking about Joey Barton.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 10:12:52 PM »

Barton is known for doing some stupid things, but that is character, not intelligence.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 10:52:36 PM »

Barton is known for doing some stupid things, but that is character, not intelligence.
Er......I think you might want to Google the definition of “stupid” and revisit that statement. The lack of intelligence figures greatly in the many sources of the definition, as it does in Barton’s antics.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Non Altrincham FC Talk