PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LIVE STREAMING

Poll

If we could get the live streaming regulations changed, how much would you pay to watch a game at home ?

£10 more than standard admission
- 2 (7.1%)
£5 more than standard admission
- 2 (7.1%)
The standard admission price
- 8 (28.6%)
Less than standard admission
- 6 (21.4%)
I would never live stream rather than attend
- 10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 16, 2022, 10:56:51 PM

Author Topic: LIVE STREAMING  (Read 3266 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAMING
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:56:51 PM »

We can't rule out the eventual possibility of finishing the season behind closed doors. Last season's temporary relaxation of the rules with a cost less than standard admission worked quite well.

The rules against live streaming are there to protect clubs from loss of revenue. But what if they could actually GAIN revenue from such an arrangement ?

Wrexham sold out their allocation, but I'm prepared to bet a lot of their fans would have paid a premium to watch the game and not have to travel.

I'd happily pay extra to watch matches streamed from down South, because my dodgy back won't stand hours on a coach. Am I alone ? What do others think ?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: LIVE STREAMING
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 10:59:05 PM »

£10 a stream is about right, if it's of Stockport/Alty/Barnet quality.

It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:46:31 PM »

The quality of our streaming varied significantly last year.

I know that everyone did their best but the fact remains that there were significant glitches at times.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »

I am sure that if the league went B.C.D. then we would be allowed to stream the matches. As for regular games, not for me.

I really do appreciate how useful it would be for those who cannot travel for health reasons but it would be vastly outweighed by those who would have travelled, but decide to watch the stream instead, because it's convenient and easy.

The team needs physical, vocal support from everyone who is able to do so, particularly away from home. Regular streaming of games would promote armchair support. That's fine if you're United and there's always a next person to take the spare away ticket, but not us.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 11:08:58 AM »

I watched all games that were streamed last season and the Trophy game at Notts this season. If not a great experience IMHO but marginally better than nothing.

Really hope it doesn't come to this
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 11:57:31 AM »

I am sure that if the league went B.C.D. then we would be allowed to stream the matches. As for regular games, not for me.

I really do appreciate how useful it would be for those who cannot travel for health reasons but it would be vastly outweighed by those who would have travelled, but decide to watch the stream instead, because it's convenient and easy.

The team needs physical, vocal support from everyone who is able to do so, particularly away from home. Regular streaming of games would promote armchair support. That's fine if you're United and there's always a next person to take the spare away ticket, but not us.

I agree.
Although I'm a bit of a crock, it would suit me, but not the club as a whole so unless we are playing bcd, it's a no from me too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 01:30:40 PM »

100%, For obvious reasons the streaming would be amazing for me... but if it meant even one less person turning up in person to watch at home from wa15 that would be an issue.

There are other issues to get over while crowds are allowed BT sport control matchday rights completely right now. However, in the Seattle, unless the Sounders get over 25k pre-purchased tickets, the game isn't shown on local TV.

Putting a break figure on ticket sales might be a way to facilitate this in the longer term, if attendances are below the previous years average attendance (or +100 or so to encourage growth) are not streamed, and if we're over the number by say Wednesday before the Saturday game streaming goes on sale.

Not perfect, and certainly not allowed with the current broadcast agreement... but maybe worth discussing when the current broadcast deal ends. I've heard BT might not make it much longer anyway after shopping themselves out last year with DAZN likely to buy their rights packages but not much more. We could end up discussing this sooner than expected.

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 01:52:28 PM »

Streaming meant I could watch games that I would never have gone to anyway, which was a real bonus. I think often it was sold too cheaply, but maybe during BCD clubs were seeing some income as better than none. Quality varied enormously whether that was picture quality, camera work, connection or whether the commentary was any good. Some games I had to turn the sound down it was that annoying. If I could be sure the picture and commentary quality were up to muster I'd be willing to pay the same as the gate price for the stream. I found it interesting last season that the better quality didn't necessary come from the bigger clubs. I can't remember specific examples but I suppose it's down to the abilities of the people involved and the equipment at their disposal. Alty TV was one of the better ones mainly because of the ability to show replays and additional camera angles, but picture quality for night games was always hampered by the dim floodlighting. (Off on a slight tangent I always hoped we might have bought the Northwich floodlights when they sold their ground off).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 01:37:16 AM »

Are they streaming in Wales and Scotland then?

They're talking about restrictions in Scotland until April, so there's a slight chance that Wrexham would be bcd when we play them if Wales does the same thing(though it shouldn't happen if things go as I expect). Obviously in those circumstances, one would hope the game would be streamed.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 09:38:58 PM »

Are they streaming in Wales and Scotland then?

They're talking about restrictions in Scotland until April,
so there's a slight chance that Wrexham would be bcd when we play them if Wales does the same thing(though it shouldn't happen if things go as I expect). Obviously in those circumstances, one would hope the game would be streamed.

Stalag Luft Scotland!

With a whole one in ICU with Omicron!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:42:24 PM by JD »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LIVE STREAMING