News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blimey, looks like I was right about the County match

Author Topic: Blimey, looks like I was right about the County match  (Read 2895 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 02, 2022, 12:21:18 AM »

This mess needs sorting out.

Must have cost us a pot of money as well, and that's before possible further restrictions, sorry, "protections" (except for their victims) this week.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:16:04 AM by Hugh »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blimey, looks like I was right
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 12:37:40 AM »

What mess are you on about fella?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blimey, looks like I was right
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 12:51:03 AM »

The large number of matches being postponed (sometimes with very little notice) because of the redundant test and isolate for 10 (or is it 7 now?) days for asymptomatic (i.e. healthy)  "cases" (or even just contacts?) of a (likely) mild variant of a virus that's been going round. Is this for every Winter now? Just asking.

Admittedly this could happen for bad weather (though not at the moment, it's 60 degrees and we have a new pitch). This business is wrecking football, and other things besides. Some people will have arguments that we should be doing this of course (perhaps something for the ot forum) but that doesn't change the damage it's doing. The EFL have stopped match day testing, isolation has been cut to 7 days in some places (I forget where). What are the NL doing to minimise the fallout? Or are they saying there's nothing they can do?

Maybe the club were unable to make tickets available after Friday for whatever reason, but I bet I'm not the only one who was reluctant to take a chance in the current situation (and as it happens, if I had bought on Friday, I would have ended up without a match to go to as I feared, though I suppose I might have been able to use it for a rearranged match). And if everyone had got tickets early, it still wouldn't change the fact that some would have missed out. The club were of course right to limit the capacity to 3.9k due to circumstances beyond their control and I don't particularly have any criticism of  them, indeed they have acted well and honourably in ensuring that people of all beliefs, ethnicities and social classes will continue to have an equal chance of attending games, but it would be nice if someone at the NL (or anyone else who could help) could do something.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 03:28:38 AM by Hugh »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team